2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.3/10

Great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Lots of room. Easy to load and get in and out of. Good ride. Decent gas mileage for a large vehicle. We have gotten over 25 on the highway under 65 mph. Drops off to 24 range at 70 mph. Average around 21, mostly rural driving. 3.3 liter engine could use a little more power, but is adequate to pull the vehicle around. Bigger engine would be a good choice if towing, but is fine if you don't. I would recomend this van to any family with more than 2 kids. We have 4 and it is great! It is not a luxury car, but will handle daily chores very well! DVD and sattelite radio is nice on trips with kids."

Good All Around Vehicle

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"If you need a vehicle that does it all at a reasonable level of economy this is your vehicle. Does so many things from run a small business, haul people, hall tons of stuff and accommodate big items when needed. Economy is better than a truck but more versitile than a car. Parts and repair items can be a little spendy and it isn't a gas sipper but it does the job fairly well. Especially great for a 1 car family. I like mine a quite a bit with 65k on it now. Handles wonderfully in all weather."

Very well satisfied

By on Monday, June 07, 2010

"I have had this vehicle for over a year, and virtually no problems,except for the air conditioning just going out; however, it is still under warranty. I might be slightly unsatisfied with the gas mileage. In the winter, I get between 12 and 13 mpg, and in the summer between 15 and 16 mpg. Highway mileage is OK close to 24 mpg. This vehicle has a very smooth ride and handles exceptionally well. Previous to owning this vehicle, I did not like to drive any distance at all, but last year from New Jersey, I drove to Montreal and close to Boston later. The trips were very comfortable. I definitely cannot complain about the value, as I bought the vehicle right before Chrysler went bankrupt. If not for the AC problem, I would have given five stars in all areas."

Great minivan

By on Thursday, April 22, 2010

"I looked at many vehicles before making this purchase. Two major selling points for me were the price and the spaciousness of the minivan. I absolutely love it! My only complaint, which is normal for minivans, is the wear on the brakes. These are heavy vehicles, so the need to replace the brakes occurs every 20000 miles or so."

Great for Travel

By on Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"One of the very best most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. 45,000 miles and not one single problem."

best van ever

By on Saturday, June 13, 2009

"love the way it drives, handles and the gas milage"

I love it

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"The only thing I don't like with the new design is I have a bigger blind spot than I am used to."

Best on the Market

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"No problems - great gas milage - no repairs - smooth as glass performance."

very nice car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "drives nice"

Cons: "n/a"

"very dependable car"

I love this van!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "easy to load, easy access in or out"

Cons: "angle of rear bench seat"

"We are older with 9 grandchildren. This is definitely a 'family van' as everyone uses it for vacations! We love the VES (and wireless headphones) nearly as much as the grandchildren. What would I change? Swivel n go seats to stow n go. That is it! We love it just the way it is - cargo room, etc. EXCEPT 1)the rear bench seat - it is at such as odd angle, and 2)no alert if the front passenger seat belt is not in use. Minor, minor in comparison to what we love - what the 7 yr old triplets love, what 17 yr old Mike loves (although his dad has flashbacks :( from the old conversion van days when he drives it)what Nana loves when she loads carseats OR sewing machines. And the toddlers who get buckled in and point to the video screens! It is our family "Go Car", and has been used after go cart and ATV accidents to take the guys - and their crutches - home from the hospital and to their PT! Multi-use and easy access in and out!"