2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 311 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

Good All Around Vehicle

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"If you need a vehicle that does it all at a reasonable level of economy this is your vehicle. Does so many things from run a small business, haul people, hall tons of stuff and accommodate big items when needed. Economy is better than a truck but more versitile than a car. Parts and repair items can be a little spendy and it isn't a gas sipper but it does the job fairly well. Especially great for a 1 car family. I like mine a quite a bit with 65k on it now. Handles wonderfully in all weather."

Great vehicle for large families

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, Great Power, stow"

Cons: "Hard on brakes, 1 power door quit working"

"We love our 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT minivan. We've owned it for almost ayera now and just recently we have experieneced problems. Our main problem is that are passenger sliding door quit working. We did have a recall fixed that ahd to do with the power of both sliding doors, but they now say that our door came off the track. We can still open and shut the door manually, but our power button will not work. The repair cost is $500, but the Chrysler company has agreed to pay for half of the total cost with one catch of us paying the total cost up front and they will reimburse us 7-10 days after. One other issue that I have noticed just like other owners have reported is that the front brakes wear fast. Overall the rest of our van is great. The space is nice and we love the stow and go. Although it is a minivan, it works just as good as truck when it comes to moving things. It also has great power. Overall great vehicle value for the price you pay."

Excellent mini van.

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pros: "Is everything a mini van should be."

Cons: "dog hair difficult to get out of carpet"

"This is my fourth Grand Caravan and it has been trouble free. Tons of room. Easy to get in out of. Seats go down out of the way very easily AC and Heat work great. Excellent mileage at 23 to 24 mph I do a lot of hwy driving at 75mph. Just a great vehicle with tons of space on the inside and infinite seat variations. Driver seat has great support. Console storage is the best of anyone I have owned."

Great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Lots of room. Easy to load and get in and out of. Good ride. Decent gas mileage for a large vehicle. We have gotten over 25 on the highway under 65 mph. Drops off to 24 range at 70 mph. Average around 21, mostly rural driving. 3.3 liter engine could use a little more power, but is adequate to pull the vehicle around. Bigger engine would be a good choice if towing, but is fine if you don't. I would recomend this van to any family with more than 2 kids. We have 4 and it is great! It is not a luxury car, but will handle daily chores very well! DVD and sattelite radio is nice on trips with kids."

Great minivan

By on Thursday, April 22, 2010

"I looked at many vehicles before making this purchase. Two major selling points for me were the price and the spaciousness of the minivan. I absolutely love it! My only complaint, which is normal for minivans, is the wear on the brakes. These are heavy vehicles, so the need to replace the brakes occurs every 20000 miles or so."

Great for Travel

By on Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"One of the very best most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. 45,000 miles and not one single problem."

best van ever

By on Saturday, June 13, 2009

"love the way it drives, handles and the gas milage"

I love it

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"The only thing I don't like with the new design is I have a bigger blind spot than I am used to."

Best on the Market

By on Thursday, April 3, 2008

"No problems - great gas milage - no repairs - smooth as glass performance."

This auto has been very good

By on Saturday, July 2, 2016

Pros: "very enjoyable to drive"

Cons: "cannot think of any item"

"Purchased this auto Jan 2012, factory car with 10400 miles on it, have driven it all over, recently returned from south Texas, highway mileage was upwards of 29mpg at 63mph. Has been very dependable and comfortable. Electric seat does do wonders. Now retired, wife does not drive, no need for 2 autos. Red in color with black interior"