2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 288 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

never again

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "stow n go!"

Cons: "everything else"

"if you like putting new brakes ever other oil chain.. then by all means buy it! we loved the stow and go and still do! getting 3 kids in and out so easy with a middle seat stowed!"

most practical vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "well thought out interior,lots of power"

Cons: "no resale value"

"great for hauling kids. smooth ride, lots of power. transmission trouble at 9000 miles. replaced by dealer at no cost. no other problems. love the stow and go seats"

Great family van has all the bells and whistles!

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Almost everything!"

Cons: "Rattles"

"Great power very comfortable for a family of five excellent reliabilty and sporty look makes you think your not in a typical van! The only down sides are the handling is typical of a van and the overhead console with the two dvd screens has a tendency to rattle and im OCD so it drives me crazy others may not mind. Great van we have been many places and are planning a trip out west next year in it! Highly recommended:)"

Great vehicle for the price.

By on Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pros: "Price, handling, lots of power, very versatile, stow n' go seats, great look"

Cons: "Some interior materials seem cheap."

"We picked up the SXT (mainstreet) version of the Grand Caravan recently. After roughly $8000 in rebates, we drove off the lot with an awesome deal that is impossible to get with any of the other minivans currently on the market. The grand Caravan drives well and it handles like a much smaller vehicle. My kids love all the space and we love the versatility. The stow'n go on 2nd and 3rd row seats make this van so useful that I can't figure out what I did without it before. The only things that I can say in the way of negative points regarding the 2011 G.C. are that the 2nd row stow n' go seats look and feel cheap; the inner paneling in the rear cargo compartment is flimsy and feels really cheap; and although the driver and front passenger seats are ultra-comfortable (feels like you are driving a couch), they feel like the kind of seats that will be less than comfortable in a few years when they are broken in but I may be wrong on that point - time will tell."

Great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Lots of room. Easy to load and get in and out of. Good ride. Decent gas mileage for a large vehicle. We have gotten over 25 on the highway under 65 mph. Drops off to 24 range at 70 mph. Average around 21, mostly rural driving. 3.3 liter engine could use a little more power, but is adequate to pull the vehicle around. Bigger engine would be a good choice if towing, but is fine if you don't. I would recomend this van to any family with more than 2 kids. We have 4 and it is great! It is not a luxury car, but will handle daily chores very well! DVD and sattelite radio is nice on trips with kids."

EXCELLENT

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Not the MiniVan of the past. Thrilling ride and confort."

just O.K.

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"Some nice features, leather, dvd, power doors...but the fuel mileage is horrible, the engine is hesitant and you have to floor it to go when pulling out into traffic. Brakes were awful and had to be replaced less than 50k miles. Alot of poor quality materials used in so many areas (cupholders, console, arm rests) I will never buy another Dodge."

brakeable

By on Friday, October 15, 2010

"This is our 2nd Grand Caravan having purchased it brand new in Jan. 2008. The good, the kids love it because it has a great entertainment system and it is quite roomy for their friends. AC works very well in the AZ heat. The bad. The brakes are something else. Had to replace them at 19000 and am about to replace them again at 39,000. Chrysler is very much aware of this issue, and truthfully have been very helpful in getting them replaced. Had to have rear brakes done at 33,000. Tires had to be replaced at 33,000 miles as well. Put Michelin's on them this time. My wife thinks the front seats are too uncomfortable. They don't bother me."

awesome value

By on Thursday, September 09, 2010

"owned a 2002 caravan previously.the stow and go is great.great ride ,gas mileage good,can not say enough on how much we like it.glad i did not buy foreign."

Brakes Wear Out FAST

By on Monday, August 02, 2010

"Every year the brakes need to be replaced. One year it's the front brakes the next year it's the back. I have only had the car for 3 years. And I have just replaced the brakes for the third time. I was told by the dealership it is because the car is heavy... another time they said they could do something to the brakes to make them work better for $400 extra."

great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"This vehicle rides great, roomy, two video screens, loads of storage space, we have the stow n go, I would reccomend this vehicle if you are looking for a reliable family vehicle."

Perfect family vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Purchsed the loaded version. No complaints, gas mileage is great, handling, comfort, five people driving on vacation have plenty of room. Have owned minivans since they first came out many decades ago and think it's the best family car made."

good van

By on Friday, November 13, 2009

"is not as bad as other people said like any other thing is luck and how you take care of your things i bought a 2008 fully equip. likes-space /mpg/style/great for the family dont's interior is white bad for kids/bumpers are solid plastic and deform with the sun but the dealership took care of it with no questions ask, i like the power train warranty of a live time. nothing in live is perfect so i enjoy the good things and smile a the bad things. after all im having fun with my family not the van. hope you do to"

Love it!

By on Friday, November 06, 2009

"My family loves this van(2008SE). My 25 yr. old and my husband love to drive this van. We bought it from a dealer at 33,000 mi. Got a great deal and I enjoy driving it because it has class. It reminds me of something a business man would use to drive his clients around in because of its updated styling(Ours is black so it is pretty sharp looking). This is our third minivan and this one is by far the best. Had it three months now, no problems at all. Went on a weekend trip with 6 adults and there was room for everyone's stuff. Just love it. Our only complaints are our model doesn't have overhead lights in the middle seats and the cupholders on the doors are too far away for those in the middle seats and your can't put a coffee cup there because the coffee would go flying out when the doors are used. Nothings perfect right?"

Dodge 2009 Grand Caravan

By on Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"Had the van for nearly six months and have no complaints. I have ony had one minor issue with a defective keyfob. This is the ultimate family vehicle. Lots of room and designed for comfort."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Bought a used 08 SXT after comparing with the Honda and Toyota. When comparing features on the vehicles it is obvious that for the same money you get far more with the Dodge than the competitors. If money were not the issue I would definitely recommend the Honda but when comparing vehicles at the same price then the Dodge Grand Caravan offers the best value. I am very happy with the vehicle and would recommend it to others looking to buy a minivan. Positives: styling, space, ride quality (compared to the previous generation), excellent value for money! Negatives: Bad fuel consumption with city driving (14,5mpg), sliding doors don't always close using the remote option."

2009 Dodge GC SXT25th ann

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Found pricing, economy, styling, comfort, and versatility to be better than my previous 2002 Ford WStar LX. Interior systems are outsatnding. We'll see on the reliability part, but my research has shown it to be better than average"

Love It!

By on Monday, August 17, 2009

"Very nice ride, love the flexibility, easy to install my child seats. Comfy front seats. Just love it!"

worth the price vs suv or crossover

By on Friday, July 10, 2009

"Excellent family vehicle. mpg is great. perfect for kids. stylish to drive. easy to access and perfect heighth compared to suv or truck. crossovers are too small!!!!"

Nice for expanding family

By on Saturday, May 30, 2009

"We have enjoyed the caravan early on in the process. We knew the trade in value would be less than on a Toyota or Honda, but at about 6-7k less we decided to go with it. We enjoy the room and the available layouts for carrying large items. Gas mileage could be a bit better around town."

Beware of Key Replacement and Major Headaches

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking and comfortable, Fair gas mileage"

Cons: "KEY FOB can be very costly in many ways."

"My major complaint about this van is the key system they use. The plastic key fobs for my van wore out very quickly and cost me almost $200.00 to replace. Also I had to have the van towed to a dealership to have the new keys made because the computer in the van needs to be reprogrammed to the new keys. When the towing service arrived my van had to be dragged out of the parking space, because you cannot put it in neutral if the key fob is not recognized by the computer.If your out on a trip remember this, these type of keys cannot be easily cut at your local hardware shop. and that is a major setback if you are out in the middle of nowhere and there is no dealership nearby. Another failure is there was no warning that the brake fluid was a little low and while coming down some steep hills in West Va. the brakes gave out with no warning whatsoever, I had to apply emergency brakes and downshift to keep from crashing. When we came to a stop it was then that the brake warning light came on."

Cheap and Stylish but not the highest quality

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

"Almost a year into our 2012 Grand Caravan and it's been treating us well. Gets decent MPG on the long hauls and you can't beat the stow-n-go seating. Starting in 2011 the Grand Caravan got a much needed styling update on the exterior and interior and it's a good looking van. The 3.6L V6 mated to the 6-speed auto has tons of power too. My complaints are that there are often interior rattles over bumps from unknown areas which get annoying (we also have a 2010 Sienna and it's silent over the same terrain). The 6-speed can also be annoying going up hills or slight grades... it seems to get confused. Aside from the few nuances it's a good rig for how much cheaper it is than the competition."

nice van

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"I bought the 2008 caravan 2 months ago and have about 2500 miles on it. I do like it except the fuel mileage is not as good as stated I'm getting about 12 mpg city so not to happy with that. Also the side doors do not always open and close like there suppose to but that is easily solved by just doing the old fashioned way with your hand. so after 2000 miles I am still happy with it and would recomend unless fuel mileage is a top concern."

Lemon

By on Saturday, January 23, 2010

"I would not buy this van again. It's my 2nd Caravan and has been more trouble than the blue Book Value. I have spent more time at the Dodge dealer getting it worked on than any car I've ever owned. Pass on all the computer gadgets. They can't even fix the carpet. The computer is always offline causing the side doors to be difficult to close. The phone device is not working correctly now. The back seat starts moving back during long trips. On...and...on...I'll stop now."

Great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Functionality and price"

Cons: "almost none."

"We have a 4 year old and twins age 5 months. We have grown into this van, as we bought it new 3 years ago... very convenient getting kids in and out, including car seats, stroller, etc. The electric sliding doors on both sides are priceless as well as the electric hatch/gate. The stow and go seats provide flexibility for the occasionally needed extra space. We got ours on sale for $23000. What a bargain. Very few problems - remote keys wear out too soon, but under warranty for the first 3 years. mileage good for the size. We took it camping a couple times, loaded down and up steep grades. Plenty of power. Ive owned at least 20 cars in my life. This one has got to be one of the best buys I ever made."