2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 288 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

Love it!

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Comfort ok mileage for everything I haul."

Cons: "See above."

"I'm a 45 yr old male, I drive for a living in sales. This van rules, about 24-26 mpg at 80 to 100 mph all the time sometimes 8 to 10hrs straight drive time. Only down fall electronic transmission module makes it shift hard and or slip. From day one, not because of my high rate of speed attitude. Dodge wouldn't do anything about it, but this van still hauls and very reliable."

Great family car!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"I have four kids, and this is a very comfortable and convenient vehicle. It gets great gas mileage! Very roomy and affordable!"

Great retirement vehicle

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Dual climate control."

Cons: "Black interior."

"My wife and I like to travel and it is comfortable with plenty of storage. On our last trip, which was over 4,600 miles, we got 25.5 mpg. That was actual, not the vehicles indicator."

Not the same van as before

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I just bought a 2012 Grand Caravan with the Crew package. The Grand Caravan has improved leaps and bounds compared to the older models. I have owed a 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE and have to say with much surprise this is a nicer van ever since they redesigned it. The new Pentastar engine is smoother and more powerful then my 3.3 V6 in the Toyota. I also am impressed with the handling and steering feel. I never thought I would own a Grand Caravan or another Dodge product but must say they are getting their quality back in line and fit and finish is first rate. The seats that folded into the floor looked uncomfortable but when I sat in them found them to be supportive and very comfortable. Take a look at the Grand Caravan, you will be surprised and end up saving about 5-7 thousand in the process compared to Honda and Toyota."

Great vehicle for kids

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Stow and go seating, DVD system for the kids."

Cons: "Bad Wheel bearings, brakes."

"Our 2009 has a DVD system and the kids love it! It drives and handles great, my wife is the primary driver and she loves it. We have had both front wheel bearings go out (replaced under warranty) and a rear wheel bearing just went out at 80,000 miles. Air conditoning had some warranty issues at 40,000 miles,and the brakes are definitly a poor lasting quality, they work great but ours wore out at around 40,000, all highway driving. Small electrical issues with the electric sliding doors. Overall very happy with unit."

Best Minivan on the market

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Dual dvds, rear passenger windows roll down!"

Cons: "Road noise!"

"We thought about an SUV but decided for the price we would try out our second van. That was the best decision we made. We have 3 boys and they love it. The dual dvd options is a must. It's has been great on both short and long trips. Typically 1 or 2 of the kids will bring a friend and we still have plenty of room. They love that the rear passenger windows roll down."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"I love my van. I think it's more stylish than any of the other minivans out there and it has gotten me and the herd of children around just great with no mechanical problems for 3 years. Gas mileage is about the same for any 7 passenger vehicle, so I can't complain too much there. LOVE the stow and go seating! Makes life just a little bit easier. I recently got into an accident and my van kept me quite safe! Thank you!!!"

good for a goat van

By on Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Only van with fold flat seats for both 2nd & 3rd rows. That pretty much made the decision for me. I have the SXT with 4.0L engine and 6 speed transmission. My other minivan is a 2005 Honda Odyssey. The power/performance of the 4.0L caravan is comparable to Odyssey. Odyssey corners a little better. I test drove alot - The smaller caravan engines were miserable to drive. The 4.0L is way better. When driving careful, I get 19city and 26 highway. When driving less careful. I get 17city and 22 highway. Caravan GPS/radio layout, stereo sound, interior quality all kinda suck compared to the Odyssey. Remote start & power everyting help make up for it a little. Over all, I like the van. Wish it had all-wheel-drive."

Dodge 2008 a Big Disappointment

By on Friday, April 01, 2011

"We have always been Grand Caravan people. We have owned 8 of them throughout the years. The 2008 is the worst one we have ever had. The tires have been a continuing issue from the 3rd week of our owning the car until now. The brakes have been replaced countless time. There seems to be a return to a faulty design that was changed years ago, but they have gone back to for cost reduction or something. We are really not happy with the 2008 but are upside down in it so we cannot sell it yet. The cost of this one was 29K which was a lot more expensive than the others we had. We really decked this one out."

Don't Buy It!

By on Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Rides like the flatbed of a lumber wagon. All the lighting sure is pretty, but the overhead unit containing the lighting and entertainment rattles like nobody's business! Drives you crazy!! Cannot be fixed by the dealer either! I was told the whole thing is held up by plastic clips! Great engineering by Dodge! This was my first and last Dodge. I will be trading it in after only owning it a year to the day! I bought the decked out SXT. The navigation is so outdated and the upgrade is a whopping $200+! Radio volume sometimes works, sometimes not!!! Only had 30k miles when I bought it, thought how rough of shape could it be in? Now I know why it was traded so quickly!"