2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 292 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

Good All Around Vehicle

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"If you need a vehicle that does it all at a reasonable level of economy this is your vehicle. Does so many things from run a small business, haul people, hall tons of stuff and accommodate big items when needed. Economy is better than a truck but more versitile than a car. Parts and repair items can be a little spendy and it isn't a gas sipper but it does the job fairly well. Especially great for a 1 car family. I like mine a quite a bit with 65k on it now. Handles wonderfully in all weather."

Great Van for the money

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"I have been selling cars for 7 years and when my wife said lets look at the dodge van I said she was crazy. The wife won and after the first time I drove it I fell in love. The very large widshield is the best part. I really enjoy the adjustable gas pedals. I a 6'7" and I find this van comfortable. This is a hard comparison for the money."

Very well satisfied

By on Monday, June 07, 2010

"I have had this vehicle for over a year, and virtually no problems,except for the air conditioning just going out; however, it is still under warranty. I might be slightly unsatisfied with the gas mileage. In the winter, I get between 12 and 13 mpg, and in the summer between 15 and 16 mpg. Highway mileage is OK close to 24 mpg. This vehicle has a very smooth ride and handles exceptionally well. Previous to owning this vehicle, I did not like to drive any distance at all, but last year from New Jersey, I drove to Montreal and close to Boston later. The trips were very comfortable. I definitely cannot complain about the value, as I bought the vehicle right before Chrysler went bankrupt. If not for the AC problem, I would have given five stars in all areas."

Junk! Buyer beware!

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"*Poor gas mileage (3.8) *Rides rough *Unreliable 6 speed transmission *DVD/Cd player/Radio pkg caught fire! *Seats are very uncomfortable *Faulty sensors on sliding doors *Poor resale value This is the 6th Chrysler/Dodge van owned and by far the worst! No more Chrysler products! Former Chrysler employee."

Great minivan

By on Thursday, April 22, 2010

"I looked at many vehicles before making this purchase. Two major selling points for me were the price and the spaciousness of the minivan. I absolutely love it! My only complaint, which is normal for minivans, is the wear on the brakes. These are heavy vehicles, so the need to replace the brakes occurs every 20000 miles or so."

Great for Travel

By on Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"One of the very best most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. 45,000 miles and not one single problem."

best van ever

By on Saturday, June 13, 2009

"love the way it drives, handles and the gas milage"

I love it

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"The only thing I don't like with the new design is I have a bigger blind spot than I am used to."

Best on the Market

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"No problems - great gas milage - no repairs - smooth as glass performance."

very nice car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "drives nice"

Cons: "n/a"

"very dependable car"

I love this van!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "easy to load, easy access in or out"

Cons: "angle of rear bench seat"

"We are older with 9 grandchildren. This is definitely a 'family van' as everyone uses it for vacations! We love the VES (and wireless headphones) nearly as much as the grandchildren. What would I change? Swivel n go seats to stow n go. That is it! We love it just the way it is - cargo room, etc. EXCEPT 1)the rear bench seat - it is at such as odd angle, and 2)no alert if the front passenger seat belt is not in use. Minor, minor in comparison to what we love - what the 7 yr old triplets love, what 17 yr old Mike loves (although his dad has flashbacks :( from the old conversion van days when he drives it)what Nana loves when she loads carseats OR sewing machines. And the toddlers who get buckled in and point to the video screens! It is our family "Go Car", and has been used after go cart and ATV accidents to take the guys - and their crutches - home from the hospital and to their PT! Multi-use and easy access in and out!"

Natural choice for a minivan - Best by a mile

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "great price, all options included, powerful engine"

Cons: "none at this moment"

"This van has everything. Power doors/liftgate, power mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror/backup camera, DVD , siriusXM etc and at around 3/4th on-road cost of a honda. Safety tests conducted by NHSTA and feds are much higher than sienna and others. The 3.6 engine at 283Hp on a GC is much powerful than all other minivans including honda,toyota and nissan.. and stow and go easily beats vw routan in functionality .. as far as reliability is concerned, they have an unlimited bumper-to-bumper warranty available .. for me Grand Caravan is a natural choice as far as minivans are concerned."

Solid Van. Great on trips. Plenty of power.

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Good ride. Lots of toys. Two DVD players."

Cons: "Poor OEM brakes. Resale value."

"It has been solid transportation. Very few repairs. We have the 4.0 engine. It gets about 22 mpg on the highway and 16 around town. OEM brakes gone at 13k. Replaced with Raybestos and have gone 50k with half the pads left. The ride is nice around town and even better when loaded for trips. This is a good van. The down side is how fast it's value drops. That's bad for the first buyer but great for the used buyer. With a window sticker of $38k and 2 years later a trade in of $13k, you might as well drive it until it drops. Fortunately it should last a long time."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"I love this van! It is sporty for a mini-van, and so perfect for a family with young kids. Love the power doors, leather seats, and large trunk space. My only beef is with the lights not being automatic."

Love my minivan!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, Comfy, perfect for families"

Cons: "BAD on gas mileage. I fill up every 4 days :-("

"Absolutely love my minivan! Great for long car trips. Roomy. Kids are separated from each other. Power tailgate and sliding doors! Good pick up/power!"

Great car

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, strong eng."

Cons: "None!!"

"This is our third Grand Caravan and by far it is the best. We do a lot of traveling and this vehicle is wonderful. Very comfortable with excellent performance. My wife loves this car. Would highly recommend."

great family car

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"just like most cars if you take care of it it will take care of you this car has been worry free from day one"

Great vehicle for large families

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, Great Power, stow"

Cons: "Hard on brakes, 1 power door quit working"

"We love our 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT minivan. We've owned it for almost ayera now and just recently we have experieneced problems. Our main problem is that are passenger sliding door quit working. We did have a recall fixed that ahd to do with the power of both sliding doors, but they now say that our door came off the track. We can still open and shut the door manually, but our power button will not work. The repair cost is $500, but the Chrysler company has agreed to pay for half of the total cost with one catch of us paying the total cost up front and they will reimburse us 7-10 days after. One other issue that I have noticed just like other owners have reported is that the front brakes wear fast. Overall the rest of our van is great. The space is nice and we love the stow and go. Although it is a minivan, it works just as good as truck when it comes to moving things. It also has great power. Overall great vehicle value for the price you pay."

The Best Family Vehicle We Have Owned So Far!!!

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "My Pepe has alot of Get up and Go!!"

Cons: "Needs More Cup Holders"

"We bought this vehicle used in 2008 after shopping for months for one that had third row seating with lots of leg room to accomodate my 6' tall teenager. We absolutely LOVE it! We have driven it across the US twice now due to military transfers from one side of the world to the other and back again. The in floor storage definately helps when you need that extra space to store stuff while on the road. I have suggested this vehicle to friends and even to people that I don't know when I have heard them discussing the subject of purchasing a vehicle. I call my car "My PePe" she has alot of "Get up and Go!" It has the power when you need it even though it is a Soccer Mom Mobile!!! :0) I Love My Car!!!!"

never again

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "stow n go!"

Cons: "everything else"

"if you like putting new brakes ever other oil chain.. then by all means buy it! we loved the stow and go and still do! getting 3 kids in and out so easy with a middle seat stowed!"

most practical vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "well thought out interior,lots of power"

Cons: "no resale value"

"great for hauling kids. smooth ride, lots of power. transmission trouble at 9000 miles. replaced by dealer at no cost. no other problems. love the stow and go seats"

Great family van has all the bells and whistles!

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Almost everything!"

Cons: "Rattles"

"Great power very comfortable for a family of five excellent reliabilty and sporty look makes you think your not in a typical van! The only down sides are the handling is typical of a van and the overhead console with the two dvd screens has a tendency to rattle and im OCD so it drives me crazy others may not mind. Great van we have been many places and are planning a trip out west next year in it! Highly recommended:)"

Great vehicle for the price.

By on Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pros: "Price, handling, lots of power, very versatile, stow n' go seats, great look"

Cons: "Some interior materials seem cheap."

"We picked up the SXT (mainstreet) version of the Grand Caravan recently. After roughly $8000 in rebates, we drove off the lot with an awesome deal that is impossible to get with any of the other minivans currently on the market. The grand Caravan drives well and it handles like a much smaller vehicle. My kids love all the space and we love the versatility. The stow'n go on 2nd and 3rd row seats make this van so useful that I can't figure out what I did without it before. The only things that I can say in the way of negative points regarding the 2011 G.C. are that the 2nd row stow n' go seats look and feel cheap; the inner paneling in the rear cargo compartment is flimsy and feels really cheap; and although the driver and front passenger seats are ultra-comfortable (feels like you are driving a couch), they feel like the kind of seats that will be less than comfortable in a few years when they are broken in but I may be wrong on that point - time will tell."

Great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Lots of room. Easy to load and get in and out of. Good ride. Decent gas mileage for a large vehicle. We have gotten over 25 on the highway under 65 mph. Drops off to 24 range at 70 mph. Average around 21, mostly rural driving. 3.3 liter engine could use a little more power, but is adequate to pull the vehicle around. Bigger engine would be a good choice if towing, but is fine if you don't. I would recomend this van to any family with more than 2 kids. We have 4 and it is great! It is not a luxury car, but will handle daily chores very well! DVD and sattelite radio is nice on trips with kids."

EXCELLENT

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Not the MiniVan of the past. Thrilling ride and confort."