2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.8

Based on 265 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

Love it!

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "So much fun to drive, comfortable, good looking"

Cons: "Resale value"

"Got this vehicle for the safety features and I love the way it drives. No one really gets car sick, even in the very back seats. I have taken it twice to Disneyland which means going through the grape vine. Was able to run A/C at temps of 98F. Second time we began over heating but it was 107F. The space inside is great and I can fold down seats to put my 150 Alaskan Malamute in back. Its comfy, mileage is great and the 3.6L 283 horse engine never leaves you looking for more."

Best vehicle I've had since my Pontiac Montana

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Reason: To trade up to newer model

Pros: "Best in the world for trips and "curb shopping"

Cons: "Need more and better designed cup holders"

"I have owned nothing but a voyager/caravan (with the exception of the Pontiac Montana) since 1986. Had some transmission problems with the earlier models, but I think that has been solved and haven't had any problems with the last three. I traded up from a 2012 to a 2014 Gr Caravan. I love the "store and go", and the auto sliding side doors and windows. The only reasons for my "8" rating are that it's a little under-power in mountain country; I hate the seat belt chafing on my neck (but I don't think I'm going to find any car/model that fixes that); and the lack of an ashtray. I know I shouldn't be smoking, but an actual built in ashtray would make it easier to avoid ash deposited everywhere. I also wish that automatic headlights was a standard feature."

Awesome vehicle, purchased it new

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, drives very nice in the city/highway"

Cons: "second row seats decline is minimal for kids"

"This vehicle came with everything except navigation, which I didn't need since I had a smart phone. Compartment in the floor, swivel seats, bucket seats front and second row, satellite TV (cartoons), Satellite Radio, MP3, Hard Drive to download music, multi channel CD player, Touch Screen panel in radio, Boston Acoustic Speakers, interior mood lights, sun roof, roof rack, allow wheels, fold and stow third row seats, leather seats, front and passenger seat warmers, system monitoring indicator, hands free rear lift gate (opens and closes), hands free, sliding side doors (opens and closes), anti theft system, wheel locks, tow package, V-6 engine (great gas mileage). Looks like a nice minivan on the outside, but once inside the luxury is better than most premium SUVs. If youre in need of a nice family vehicle, this is the one for you, she has been maintained in peek condition. Come see it and take it for a test drive."

Best minivan for your money.

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Good value and 100,000 powertrain warrantee"

Cons: "SE model has no rear tinted glass"

"My 2012 Grand Caravan SE is vastly improved over older models. The 3.6 new engine has plenty of power, and great on gas for such a large vehicle. The interior is nice, and the seats are very supportive on long trips. Stow & go middle seats are an added convenience, but with the 3rd row seats down there is tons of space. The new 6 speed AT is great and has a manual option for more power and control. The ride is a bit firm, but when loaded can handle very well. I paid $21000 for this Se model, about the cost of many small under powered cars. I've averaged 17-19 mpg city, and 25-27 mpg on long highway trips fully loaded at 65-75 mph."

ok

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "lots of room to haul stuff"

Cons: "replacement parts are way to expensive"

"it was ok untill I had to replace a y hose and I could not buy just the hose you have to buy the hose and a pipe and you do not need the pipe it was so stupid. I need a reliable car and this is not it."

Good Car, Does the job.

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Good value, does the intended job."

Cons: "We listen to books on cd. It would be great if we"

"I have driven this car for 3 years for 45,000 miles. This is the second caravan that I have had and I am rather pleased with the performance an (knock on wood) reliability. The fold down seats are a real plus for me since we haul stuff more often than people. I don't understand the low ratings others have given this car. I think it is good value for the money."

Great room, gas milage, handling and visibility.

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"Did not know that a auto with this size could get such good mileage (28 to 32) with speed limit speeds. The fold down seats are the best. Other reports say that it is not quite but with my ringing ears who knows. I really love all the features for the price and mileages. I don't see how a family can go wrong with this auto."

This baby does it all, yes it's a minivan but wow!

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, Cargo Space!"

Cons: "Its still a minivan."

"I personally was never going to EVER buy a minivan, because frankly they are about as boring as watching CSPAN at 2AM. Yes I have done that to put me to sleep! I rented this 2012 and then 2013 for 2 cross country trips and it turned me into a full convert. These things can do it ALL that SUV's can't with better MPG. Sure some of the styling of SUV's can be "cooler," but Dodge played it smart in 14 with the blackout package. That was the final straw for me to pull the trigger and buy. Love it!! You get R/T looks at an SE price. I absolutely love what they have done with the styling of the GC 30th Anny for 14. The blackout package was not merely "putting lipstick on a pig." It added the sense of, "yeah it's ok for a guy to drive this completely functional vehicle." Love the fact that I can have all the seats down in less than 5 mins and boom - cargo van. Then switch over just as fast to hauling the kiddos. The versatility of GC can't be beat. Disclaimer- I am partial to Dodge after having a 2001 Dakota for years and I personally would never buy a vehicle in which the worker wasn't treated fairly. I am 100% partial to American originated cars. I know these are made in Canada, but the real $ stays here, not vice versa like some imports that are merely "assembled" here. Never liked the look of the competitors imports anyway. My opinion, buy it, you'll love it."

Wonderful, carefree vehicle with room and comfort

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "economical, roomy, high off road, low maintenance"

Cons: "resale value low, too few cup holders,"

"We have purchased three grand caravans in succession (every 5-6 years) and have thoroughly enjoyed each one. We plan to buy a fourth soon."

Price i paid was ok for private sale

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "great price, lots of utility, great warranty."

Cons: "Reliability concerns"

"Vehicle had transmission work after noticing loud noise during shifting but this was covered under warranty as was the leaky intake manifold gasket. Has had repair for malfunctioning EVAP canister which cost 40 bucks. Van sat for 8 months before i purchased but price was right and frankly i did expect to put a little money into it because it sat so long. Rides well and is excellent family hauler. I would and am considering trading this van in for new one."

EVERYTHING you could ask for in a Family vehicle!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Miles per gallon, comfort & conveniences, storage"

Cons: "???"

"From the moment we drove off the lot I have been spoiled rotten by this vehicle. Having little ones... I could never go back to anything else. Push button to open and close doors and cargo. Makes school pick up and drop offs a breeze. Unloading and loading babies is super simple. It drives and handles like a sports car. When I need it to move, it MOVES! :) And the gas mileage... AWESOME!!! We just averaged 27 mpg on our last tank which was a combination of travel and touring through our vacation town. We have gotten up to 29 mpg on a freeway trip which blows us away. You do have to drive it kindly to get that, but we have been in love with this vehicle. The kiddos love it too! And all of the stow and go storage space... don't even get me started. Our family of five just went on a week long trip. The luggage and gear that we took filled our front room. By the time daddy got it loaded in the van we all still fit in comfortably with everything tucked in neatly. The rear two rows of seats all fold in so simply so I have been able to switch from hauling a car full of kiddos to a van filled with furniture. It does it all. I LOVE THIS VAN!!!"

Love the stow and go seats

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Stow and go seats a great feature"

"Great pick up in traffic and on highway. 26 MPG on highway very good."

Best buy

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Horsepower, space, flexability, highway mpg"

Cons: "Rear View mirror...too small."

"2013 AVP with Stow & Go. Very happy with 25 mpg at 70 mph with a/c turned on. 22 mpg mixed city and highway. Can tow 3600lb small trailer with lot of power but only 17 mpg. 68 year old but feel good after driving 450 mile per day. 25 bags of mulch inside with no problem."

very good reliable van

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reason: want suv

Pros: "have had vans since 1976 this one of the best"

Cons: "dash lite telling if tire needs air (really??????)"

"excellent but need smaller vehicle"

Financially great

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"I bought my first Dodge Caravan in 1987 and have driven nothing else since. I have used these to transport students to and from school and school activities as a contractor and to transport my own children and grandchildren. I have driven MANY miles. We have traveled the East Coast many times. From Main to Florida, NY to Ohio. We get great gas mileage, the comfort when traveling is great and the storage space is awesome. I have put as many as 210,000 miles some of them with little or no major repairs needed."

2013 sxt Great Van with a few shortcomings

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Power baby, Power"

Cons: "Quirky transmission"

"Pros: 1)A Ton of Power! This ain't your momma's minivan, this van can take on the best with its pickup and power. 2)Stow and Go is great, very convenient. 3)Highway mileage is awesome. You can get about 34 mpg traveling at 55mph on flat highway, 4)I use this van for business purposes and the power doors are very useful. 5) Interior dash is solidly built 6) Good crash test ratings Cons: 1) Transmission is really quirky, I don't like. 2) Highway mileage is awesome, however city mpg is pathetic. On hilly terrain in stop and go traffic 13 mpg 3)Boring appearance, but then again it is a minivan. In all great for my purposes. I purchased used @ 44,000 miles and have put 12,000 miles on it with no problems. Really a great highway or travel van."

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan - Great Reliable Car

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "great price, reliable, good mileage"

"Got this as a rental car for 10 days and put 1,400 miles on it in that time. Over the time, it was remarkably reliable. air conditioning was ice cold in 108 degree temperatures. The car is very spacious and has many compartments for holding and storing things which is a plus. if we were in the market for a new minivan the 2014 grand caravan would be at the top of the list for sure."

Great Van for a great price.

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value, performance for a minivan, MPG"

"We have had the van for about 2 years now and we have no complaints."

disappointing van to own

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Reason: Poor quality,reliability

Pros: "none"

Cons: "Poor quality"

"We bought our Caravan to replace our old Toyota Sienna.Our 02 Sienna gave us ten plus years of worry free driving.Only had to repair the breaks,struts,and one ball joint during that time. We bought our Caravan used for a fair price,and it seemed like a great car for the first 6 months. Then a transmission cooling line and a power steering line went bad fixed it for $700 and thought that should be it for a while.During the last six months check engine light came on and wont go away no one can figure it out.The passenger a/c stopped blowing cold air,the 3.8 engine is burning about 2 quarts of oil every 3000 miles now and the automatic sliding door broke!Today after about one year I traded it in on a newer Sienna. I lost some money on the deal,but I defiantly gained some peace of mind!A friend of mine owns a 2012 Caravan and he is having a lot of the same sort of issues . I think they are just a poorly made vehicle ."

Don't buy this van

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Tons of problems, electrical, mechanical"

"We have owned this van since January 2013. We bought is used at a dealership with 68,000 miles on it. Driving off of the lot, the seal on the windshield came off and was flapping against the window. Then within the first four months of owning it, we had to replace the front brake pads, rotors and calipers ($700). We had to replace two tires. Then we started having problems with the shifter. It would stick in and lock so that you can't remove the key. Then the ignition started malfunctioning so that the car doesn't always start. And, the A/C went out. This car is a joke. For a car that is marketed and designed for families, this is a huge disappointment and financial burden. Do not buy this car! Wish we hadn't!"

The car was just OK!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Reason: Trade in for a new car

Pros: "Great gas mileage, room and comfort."

Cons: "Paid way too much for a used car."

"I honestly liked the feel of this car, the safety I felt when driving but I bought this car from a dealership and I was ripped off in every sense of the word and paid way too much, so much that on trade in I had negative equity value toward a new car which made my down pretty much void. Unfortunately, I was naive and should have done things differently but I can't change what happened. The car is technically a good car and great for a family but watch for people who will try to sell it overpriced. Always check Kelly Blue Book to make sure you are getting a fair deal!"

2014 SE Great buy!

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Value, Performance, Interior/Hauling functionality"

Cons: "Expensive packages"

"The interior is by far the most functional out of all the 2014 minivans and the cost was 5000 or more less than anything else in the same class. What more could you want? No idea where the "road noise" comments in a lot of the reviews are coming from, maybe a previous year? It is very quiet on the road. The only real con is that the base equipment is a joke. The AVP base model is missing things like rear AC vents and the critical stow and go middle row. Go for the SE and beware the extremely high cost for all the optional equipment and higher package levels. ($500 for a spare tire? Is it gold plated?) Not rating the quality or reliability since I haven't had it long enough to say."

gas mileage could be better

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

"nice car,,over the road got as much as 26 miles per gallon. over all about 21."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Pile of junk"

"This van has given us nothing but trouble all we have done is put money into it because it has needed constant repairs! Will never buy one again!"

Worst vehicle ever