2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 314 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

awesome value

By on Thursday, September 9, 2010

"owned a 2002 caravan previously.the stow and go is great.great ride ,gas mileage good,can not say enough on how much we like it.glad i did not buy foreign."

Brakes Wear Out FAST

By on Monday, August 2, 2010

"Every year the brakes need to be replaced. One year it's the front brakes the next year it's the back. I have only had the car for 3 years. And I have just replaced the brakes for the third time. I was told by the dealership it is because the car is heavy... another time they said they could do something to the brakes to make them work better for $400 extra."

By on Monday, July 12, 2010

great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"This vehicle rides great, roomy, two video screens, loads of storage space, we have the stow n go, I would reccomend this vehicle if you are looking for a reliable family vehicle."

Perfect family vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Purchsed the loaded version. No complaints, gas mileage is great, handling, comfort, five people driving on vacation have plenty of room. Have owned minivans since they first came out many decades ago and think it's the best family car made."

good van

By on Friday, November 13, 2009

"is not as bad as other people said like any other thing is luck and how you take care of your things i bought a 2008 fully equip. likes-space /mpg/style/great for the family dont's interior is white bad for kids/bumpers are solid plastic and deform with the sun but the dealership took care of it with no questions ask, i like the power train warranty of a live time. nothing in live is perfect so i enjoy the good things and smile a the bad things. after all im having fun with my family not the van. hope you do to"

Love it!

By on Friday, November 6, 2009

"My family loves this van(2008SE). My 25 yr. old and my husband love to drive this van. We bought it from a dealer at 33,000 mi. Got a great deal and I enjoy driving it because it has class. It reminds me of something a business man would use to drive his clients around in because of its updated styling(Ours is black so it is pretty sharp looking). This is our third minivan and this one is by far the best. Had it three months now, no problems at all. Went on a weekend trip with 6 adults and there was room for everyone's stuff. Just love it. Our only complaints are our model doesn't have overhead lights in the middle seats and the cupholders on the doors are too far away for those in the middle seats and your can't put a coffee cup there because the coffee would go flying out when the doors are used. Nothings perfect right?"

Great Value

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Bought a used 08 SXT after comparing with the Honda and Toyota. When comparing features on the vehicles it is obvious that for the same money you get far more with the Dodge than the competitors. If money were not the issue I would definitely recommend the Honda but when comparing vehicles at the same price then the Dodge Grand Caravan offers the best value. I am very happy with the vehicle and would recommend it to others looking to buy a minivan. Positives: styling, space, ride quality (compared to the previous generation), excellent value for money! Negatives: Bad fuel consumption with city driving (14,5mpg), sliding doors don't always close using the remote option."

2009 Dodge GC SXT25th ann

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Found pricing, economy, styling, comfort, and versatility to be better than my previous 2002 Ford WStar LX. Interior systems are outsatnding. We'll see on the reliability part, but my research has shown it to be better than average"

Love It!

By on Monday, August 17, 2009

"Very nice ride, love the flexibility, easy to install my child seats. Comfy front seats. Just love it!"

worth the price vs suv or crossover

By on Friday, July 10, 2009

"Excellent family vehicle. mpg is great. perfect for kids. stylish to drive. easy to access and perfect heighth compared to suv or truck. crossovers are too small!!!!"

Nice for expanding family

By on Saturday, May 30, 2009

"We have enjoyed the caravan early on in the process. We knew the trade in value would be less than on a Toyota or Honda, but at about 6-7k less we decided to go with it. We enjoy the room and the available layouts for carrying large items. Gas mileage could be a bit better around town."

Beware of Key Replacement and Major Headaches

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking and comfortable, Fair gas mileage"

Cons: "KEY FOB can be very costly in many ways."

"My major complaint about this van is the key system they use. The plastic key fobs for my van wore out very quickly and cost me almost $200.00 to replace. Also I had to have the van towed to a dealership to have the new keys made because the computer in the van needs to be reprogrammed to the new keys. When the towing service arrived my van had to be dragged out of the parking space, because you cannot put it in neutral if the key fob is not recognized by the computer.If your out on a trip remember this, these type of keys cannot be easily cut at your local hardware shop. and that is a major setback if you are out in the middle of nowhere and there is no dealership nearby. Another failure is there was no warning that the brake fluid was a little low and while coming down some steep hills in West Va. the brakes gave out with no warning whatsoever, I had to apply emergency brakes and downshift to keep from crashing. When we came to a stop it was then that the brake warning light came on."

Cheap and Stylish but not the highest quality

By on Saturday, December 8, 2012

"Almost a year into our 2012 Grand Caravan and it's been treating us well. Gets decent MPG on the long hauls and you can't beat the stow-n-go seating. Starting in 2011 the Grand Caravan got a much needed styling update on the exterior and interior and it's a good looking van. The 3.6L V6 mated to the 6-speed auto has tons of power too. My complaints are that there are often interior rattles over bumps from unknown areas which get annoying (we also have a 2010 Sienna and it's silent over the same terrain). The 6-speed can also be annoying going up hills or slight grades... it seems to get confused. Aside from the few nuances it's a good rig for how much cheaper it is than the competition."

Lemon

By on Saturday, January 23, 2010

"I would not buy this van again. It's my 2nd Caravan and has been more trouble than the blue Book Value. I have spent more time at the Dodge dealer getting it worked on than any car I've ever owned. Pass on all the computer gadgets. They can't even fix the carpet. The computer is always offline causing the side doors to be difficult to close. The phone device is not working correctly now. The back seat starts moving back during long trips. On...and...on...I'll stop now."

First Mini Van

By on Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Bought the van in January 2008. Has all the room you may want. Seats are tiring on long trips. Only had two problems with it since we bought it. The front window would sing going down the highway. After several trips back to the dealer, they had a new repair sealant to fix it. And it did stop the singing. My other problem is the power on the radio, heater blower motor, door locks, electric window would not come on sometimes when you started the van. Turn the van off and back on, they would all work. Found the problem after the second time to the dealer. A defective electrical connection. I get 300 to 400 miles to a tank of gas on the road both city and highway combined. The tank is 20 gallons. And the biggest problem is the road noise. Not very quite inside when driving down the road."

nice van

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"I bought the 2008 caravan 2 months ago and have about 2500 miles on it. I do like it except the fuel mileage is not as good as stated I'm getting about 12 mpg city so not to happy with that. Also the side doors do not always open and close like there suppose to but that is easily solved by just doing the old fashioned way with your hand. so after 2000 miles I am still happy with it and would recomend unless fuel mileage is a top concern."

LOVE OUR 2010 GRAND CARAVAN SE

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, comfort, dependability, safety"

Cons: "Zero"

"We love our van. bought new almost 2 years ago and use mostly for road trips. Grand kids love going places in the van. Has been used by 2 of our daughters for their trips also. Have had absolutely "no" problems with this vehicle. Love the stow n go and all the room. Have traveled with 7 passengers and luggage comfortably. Roomy, comfortable, reliable. Only service was our regular oil changes and get 28mpg highway. Not sure of city mpg since we don't use for a lot of city driving and have never really noticed (if mileage was very low, I would have noticed). We are very pleased with this car. We purchased the base model with only a few options. Saw where someone had problems with keys and cost $900 but when we purchased this van I had extra key made for our daughter and only cost $45. Have the sliding doors, not power, and my 3 year old grand daughter can easily open doors. Great protection with side curtain air bags in all rows."

Excellent minivan

By on Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pros: "perfect for road trip with all the storage"

Cons: "A little more comfort on the third row"

"We love this minivan. We bought as we like to travel and have space. The stow and go is a breeze to use and allows you to quickly get some extra space, no need to remove any seats. When travelling it also give you some extra space under the back passenger feet. We got ours with the single DVD player and satellite radio. We had no issues so far, the minivan is fun to drive, comfortable on long trips and quite economical. The engine is powerful and we had no issue keeping highway speed with a fully loaded van with three adults, 4 kids and a loaded trunk. Way cheaper than any other vans"

Great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Functionality and price"

Cons: "almost none."

"We have a 4 year old and twins age 5 months. We have grown into this van, as we bought it new 3 years ago... very convenient getting kids in and out, including car seats, stroller, etc. The electric sliding doors on both sides are priceless as well as the electric hatch/gate. The stow and go seats provide flexibility for the occasionally needed extra space. We got ours on sale for $23000. What a bargain. Very few problems - remote keys wear out too soon, but under warranty for the first 3 years. mileage good for the size. We took it camping a couple times, loaded down and up steep grades. Plenty of power. Ive owned at least 20 cars in my life. This one has got to be one of the best buys I ever made."

Best price van in market for 2012!!!

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Price/Look/ drivability"

Cons: "Re-sale value"

"I love this van so far 2012 SE Grand Caravan. I get 25 mpg on hwy. and 21 mpg city. I have 8500 miles on so far with no problems. I have purchased a 7 year/70k bumper to bumper extended with vehicle with a $100.00 deduct. For peace of mind. I have owed a 1985,1989,1998 and this 2012 Dodge Caravans. I also owned a 2004,2008 Kia sedona van. also a 1997 ford aerostar van. For the price on new Dodge Caravans it is the same as Kia why spend $3000.00 more for Kia with same options."

Best Vehicle I Ever Bought

By on Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pros: "Safety!"

"I was in an accident with my family. Everyone is safe and sound due to this vehicle. I will buy another one!"

last van we will ever have to buy!

By on Friday, February 8, 2008

"We just got our 08 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. I must say, I'm in LOVE! We have had Caravans in the past, we still own an older model, but nothing compares to the handling, performance and comfort our new one provides! It is my opinion that it is superior to all other minivans!! We purchased all of the options, dvd player, leather package, swivel n go, mygig entertainment system, etc. With Dodge's new lifetime warranty, we also purchased the extended coverage, we will never have to purchase another van! This one has it all and is protected for a lifetime. I have already recommended this van to family and friends! GO DRIVE ONE!"

Not the best

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"The day we got the van home the handle on one of the back seats broke off. We have had the touch screen radio/satelite console replaced twice, there is NO room for the kids to move around. The doors will lock even if one of them is open, and the doors will open (from the remote) even if the doors are locked. I have come out of the store to find one or both doors wide open with all of the doors locked. Probably because of an accidental bump of the button while in the store, or the door just not closing tight and opening back up in the first place. VERY ANNOYING! I should have stuck to the Honda Oddysey."

love the new style

By on Sunday, April 6, 2008

"I just got the 2008 SXT after I totaled my 2006. I love the new style of the 2008 it looks so stylish. I have four kids and even my 17 year old loves to drive the new van.The little kids love that the windows in the sliders roll down now for some nice fresh air in the rear seats . The power sliders and trunk are the best especialy when you have three little ones to get strapt in to there carseats and your hands are full . I could never be with out one again. The onley thing I can say that should be changed is the plastic and the new shifter that is used in the intirior it look and feel so cheap compaired to the rest of the van. And just a note about the safty of the van the accident I had with my 2006 was hitting a pole at aprox 40 mph and the van was a total loss but the vans safty features safed my live I had injuries that keept me in the hospital for five days .But it could have been fatal if this van would not has ben build so well to keep its cargo safe. Tkank you Dodge for saving my life and letting me go back home to my four children and hustban. The Sarles family."