2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.7

Based on 251 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

7.3/10

By on Thursday, March 12, 2009

By on Thursday, March 12, 2009

Not Reliable

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This vehicle is very comforable, but not at all reliable. The my gig system is TERRIBLE, they had to replace my whole system once and am still having problems with the new one. I have also had to have the transmission completely redone because of stalling issues. I had the van only 4 months and it has been in the shop a total of about 40 days."

Safe

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"My family and I were just involved in a head on collision. Other than minor sprains and bruises we are fine. This vehicle did its job and protected its passengers, which were two adults in front and a 6 and 3 year old in back. We walked away from a potentially fatal impact."

Big Disappointment

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"I owned 2 Chrysler vans prior to buying this van. The dealer assured me that it was exactly like the Chrysler T&C. If it is then the brand has really gone downhill. Everything about the van is inferior to my 2005 T&C. Just tacky."

nice van

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"I like this van very much except the fuel mileage is not as advertised I'm geting 11 mpg in city 21 highway"

Wow the room is NICE

By on Sunday, February 01, 2009

"This is the second Dodge/Chrysler I have owned. I had a 2005 Town and Country and now I have a Used O8' Dodge Caravan and the room in this one is awesome. I am 6'11 and I have a hard time getting into vehicles(as you can imagine). The new look is great and I have 3 children and there is plenty of room for them and friends. I have the SE with most of the options and I love it. I did not get the automatic doors (motors go out too often and I am not that Lazy). I do miss the Tachometer and MPG display on my old one but hopefully this one is better than the 05'. The new color blue is awesome. The only other issue is that I wish I had the UConnect installed when I bought it. My wife hates grocery getters but she loves this one !"

MiniVan Heave

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"My husband and I were the couple that would never buy a minivan. After I had a bad car accident in my brand new car we needed another new car. With our kids getting older we looked into the Dodge. In Dec 07' we purchased the SXT model. This van has all the comfort for long road trip, and in town. I love the backseat TV (so do the kids). The only thing I will complain about it with the swivel and go there is not much leg room when you turn the chair around and put the table up. From a family that was not a van family we love it. Will purchase another one in the future. Great job to Dodge."

won't hold its value

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"Had to remove the luggage rack rails. Dealer said just move them to the rear, that will stop the "singing". Front end squeaks when it goes over a bump. Driver side sliding door may or may not close on command. The ignition switch sticks and won't snap back crisply. Clock runs too fast. Brother what a mess. My wife won't drive it."

By on Monday, December 01, 2008

First Mini Van

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"Bought the van in January 2008. Has all the room you may want. Seats are tiring on long trips. Only had two problems with it since we bought it. The front window would sing going down the highway. After several trips back to the dealer, they had a new repair sealant to fix it. And it did stop the singing. My other problem is the power on the radio, heater blower motor, door locks, electric window would not come on sometimes when you started the van. Turn the van off and back on, they would all work. Found the problem after the second time to the dealer. A defective electrical connection. I get 300 to 400 miles to a tank of gas on the road both city and highway combined. The tank is 20 gallons. And the biggest problem is the road noise. Not very quite inside when driving down the road."

good warranty

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"enjoy driving on trip very comfortable .gas mlieage in town not what i like12-14 but on the highway 25-27. power doors could be a issue"

By on Sunday, September 28, 2008

LEMON

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2008

"Problems: brakes rotors sliding doors front end noise gear shifter bumper trim seats"

Great van but very noisy

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Excellent power/tranny combo. Very noisy under full excelleration,(engine). Tires are also very noisy and out of round!! Is there anyone out there who can give my some real answers???"

nice van

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"I bought the 2008 caravan 2 months ago and have about 2500 miles on it. I do like it except the fuel mileage is not as good as stated I'm getting about 12 mpg city so not to happy with that. Also the side doors do not always open and close like there suppose to but that is easily solved by just doing the old fashioned way with your hand. so after 2000 miles I am still happy with it and would recomend unless fuel mileage is a top concern."

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

By on Friday, May 16, 2008

"For a minivan its great, lots and lots of room. If you don't get the captains chairs for the back, then you get an in floor trunk. This is fantastic on long trips with lots of kids. Plenty of cupholders and mileage is great for a large vehicle."

Good enough

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I have only had this van for a month. Bought it used. It has 8,000 Miles on it. The Transmission has clunked on three occasions and has an occasional "bounce" feeling to the transmission. Like it is loose. Had one Major loud clunking when I was backing out of my garage. From park to reverse. It is in the shop now. This is scay since I am planning a long trip."

Not the best

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"The day we got the van home the handle on one of the back seats broke off. We have had the touch screen radio/satelite console replaced twice, there is NO room for the kids to move around. The doors will lock even if one of them is open, and the doors will open (from the remote) even if the doors are locked. I have come out of the store to find one or both doors wide open with all of the doors locked. Probably because of an accidental bump of the button while in the store, or the door just not closing tight and opening back up in the first place. VERY ANNOYING! I should have stuck to the Honda Oddysey."

love the new style

By on Sunday, April 06, 2008

"I just got the 2008 SXT after I totaled my 2006. I love the new style of the 2008 it looks so stylish. I have four kids and even my 17 year old loves to drive the new van.The little kids love that the windows in the sliders roll down now for some nice fresh air in the rear seats . The power sliders and trunk are the best especialy when you have three little ones to get strapt in to there carseats and your hands are full . I could never be with out one again. The onley thing I can say that should be changed is the plastic and the new shifter that is used in the intirior it look and feel so cheap compaired to the rest of the van. And just a note about the safty of the van the accident I had with my 2006 was hitting a pole at aprox 40 mph and the van was a total loss but the vans safty features safed my live I had injuries that keept me in the hospital for five days .But it could have been fatal if this van would not has ben build so well to keep its cargo safe. Tkank you Dodge for saving my life and letting me go back home to my four children and hustban. The Sarles family."

Best on the Market

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"No problems - great gas milage - no repairs - smooth as glass performance."

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

Best Caravan I've owned

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"This is the 8th caravan I've owned. Most of them loaded. I traded in a 2005 SXT that had everything. The 08 is an SXT with the "M" package - the 4.0L engine, trailer towing package & block heater. Bought it in Oct 07 and have 7,000 miles on it mostly trips of 400 miles or more. I've been getting over 24 MPG on the trips and 21-23 locally. Handles and rides great, love the air ride w/trailer towing package. The six speed transmission is great, but found it handles better at highway speeds on snow and ice covered roads when I keep it in 5th gear, and it doesn't seem to bother the gas mileage. Things I don't like are the location of the cruise control stick (I keep bumping it off when I move my hands & it's not lit so it is hard to use at night), and the location of the trip computer. Otherwise I am really pleased with this vehicle. I have a 2005 SXT that I use locally and I am considering trading for another 08."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"This minivan is the best purchase I ever made. Dodge has really built a very reliable vehicle this year. I never thought in a million years I would drive a minivan but this vehicle makes it appealing to the younger generation."

Previous | 1 ... 9 10 11 | Next