2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.8

Based on 259 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

Great room, gas milage, handling and visibility.

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"Did not know that a auto with this size could get such good mileage (28 to 32) with speed limit speeds. The fold down seats are the best. Other reports say that it is not quite but with my ringing ears who knows. I really love all the features for the price and mileages. I don't see how a family can go wrong with this auto."

This baby does it all, yes it's a minivan but wow!

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, Cargo Space!"

Cons: "Its still a minivan."

"I personally was never going to EVER buy a minivan, because frankly they are about as boring as watching CSPAN at 2AM. Yes I have done that to put me to sleep! I rented this 2012 and then 2013 for 2 cross country trips and it turned me into a full convert. These things can do it ALL that SUV's can't with better MPG. Sure some of the styling of SUV's can be "cooler," but Dodge played it smart in 14 with the blackout package. That was the final straw for me to pull the trigger and buy. Love it!! You get R/T looks at an SE price. I absolutely love what they have done with the styling of the GC 30th Anny for 14. The blackout package was not merely "putting lipstick on a pig." It added the sense of, "yeah it's ok for a guy to drive this completely functional vehicle." Love the fact that I can have all the seats down in less than 5 mins and boom - cargo van. Then switch over just as fast to hauling the kiddos. The versatility of GC can't be beat. Disclaimer- I am partial to Dodge after having a 2001 Dakota for years and I personally would never buy a vehicle in which the worker wasn't treated fairly. I am 100% partial to American originated cars. I know these are made in Canada, but the real $ stays here, not vice versa like some imports that are merely "assembled" here. Never liked the look of the competitors imports anyway. My opinion, buy it, you'll love it."

Wonderful, carefree vehicle with room and comfort

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "economical, roomy, high off road, low maintenance"

Cons: "resale value low, too few cup holders,"

"We have purchased three grand caravans in succession (every 5-6 years) and have thoroughly enjoyed each one. We plan to buy a fourth soon."

Price i paid was ok for private sale

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "great price, lots of utility, great warranty."

Cons: "Reliability concerns"

"Vehicle had transmission work after noticing loud noise during shifting but this was covered under warranty as was the leaky intake manifold gasket. Has had repair for malfunctioning EVAP canister which cost 40 bucks. Van sat for 8 months before i purchased but price was right and frankly i did expect to put a little money into it because it sat so long. Rides well and is excellent family hauler. I would and am considering trading this van in for new one."

EVERYTHING you could ask for in a Family vehicle!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Miles per gallon, comfort & conveniences, storage"

Cons: "???"

"From the moment we drove off the lot I have been spoiled rotten by this vehicle. Having little ones... I could never go back to anything else. Push button to open and close doors and cargo. Makes school pick up and drop offs a breeze. Unloading and loading babies is super simple. It drives and handles like a sports car. When I need it to move, it MOVES! :) And the gas mileage... AWESOME!!! We just averaged 27 mpg on our last tank which was a combination of travel and touring through our vacation town. We have gotten up to 29 mpg on a freeway trip which blows us away. You do have to drive it kindly to get that, but we have been in love with this vehicle. The kiddos love it too! And all of the stow and go storage space... don't even get me started. Our family of five just went on a week long trip. The luggage and gear that we took filled our front room. By the time daddy got it loaded in the van we all still fit in comfortably with everything tucked in neatly. The rear two rows of seats all fold in so simply so I have been able to switch from hauling a car full of kiddos to a van filled with furniture. It does it all. I LOVE THIS VAN!!!"

Love the stow and go seats

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Stow and go seats a great feature"

"Great pick up in traffic and on highway. 26 MPG on highway very good."

Best buy

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Horsepower, space, flexability, highway mpg"

Cons: "Rear View mirror...too small."

"2013 AVP with Stow & Go. Very happy with 25 mpg at 70 mph with a/c turned on. 22 mpg mixed city and highway. Can tow 3600lb small trailer with lot of power but only 17 mpg. 68 year old but feel good after driving 450 mile per day. 25 bags of mulch inside with no problem."

very good reliable van

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reason: want suv

Pros: "have had vans since 1976 this one of the best"

Cons: "dash lite telling if tire needs air (really??????)"

"excellent but need smaller vehicle"

Financially great

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"I bought my first Dodge Caravan in 1987 and have driven nothing else since. I have used these to transport students to and from school and school activities as a contractor and to transport my own children and grandchildren. I have driven MANY miles. We have traveled the East Coast many times. From Main to Florida, NY to Ohio. We get great gas mileage, the comfort when traveling is great and the storage space is awesome. I have put as many as 210,000 miles some of them with little or no major repairs needed."

2013 sxt Great Van with a few shortcomings

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Power baby, Power"

Cons: "Quirky transmission"

"Pros: 1)A Ton of Power! This ain't your momma's minivan, this van can take on the best with its pickup and power. 2)Stow and Go is great, very convenient. 3)Highway mileage is awesome. You can get about 34 mpg traveling at 55mph on flat highway, 4)I use this van for business purposes and the power doors are very useful. 5) Interior dash is solidly built 6) Good crash test ratings Cons: 1) Transmission is really quirky, I don't like. 2) Highway mileage is awesome, however city mpg is pathetic. On hilly terrain in stop and go traffic 13 mpg 3)Boring appearance, but then again it is a minivan. In all great for my purposes. I purchased used @ 44,000 miles and have put 12,000 miles on it with no problems. Really a great highway or travel van."

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan - Great Reliable Car

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "great price, reliable, good mileage"

"Got this as a rental car for 10 days and put 1,400 miles on it in that time. Over the time, it was remarkably reliable. air conditioning was ice cold in 108 degree temperatures. The car is very spacious and has many compartments for holding and storing things which is a plus. if we were in the market for a new minivan the 2014 grand caravan would be at the top of the list for sure."

Great Van for a great price.

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value, performance for a minivan, MPG"

"We have had the van for about 2 years now and we have no complaints."

disappointing van to own

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Reason: Poor quality,reliability

Pros: "none"

Cons: "Poor quality"

"We bought our Caravan to replace our old Toyota Sienna.Our 02 Sienna gave us ten plus years of worry free driving.Only had to repair the breaks,struts,and one ball joint during that time. We bought our Caravan used for a fair price,and it seemed like a great car for the first 6 months. Then a transmission cooling line and a power steering line went bad fixed it for $700 and thought that should be it for a while.During the last six months check engine light came on and wont go away no one can figure it out.The passenger a/c stopped blowing cold air,the 3.8 engine is burning about 2 quarts of oil every 3000 miles now and the automatic sliding door broke!Today after about one year I traded it in on a newer Sienna. I lost some money on the deal,but I defiantly gained some peace of mind!A friend of mine owns a 2012 Caravan and he is having a lot of the same sort of issues . I think they are just a poorly made vehicle ."

Don't buy this van

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Tons of problems, electrical, mechanical"

"We have owned this van since January 2013. We bought is used at a dealership with 68,000 miles on it. Driving off of the lot, the seal on the windshield came off and was flapping against the window. Then within the first four months of owning it, we had to replace the front brake pads, rotors and calipers ($700). We had to replace two tires. Then we started having problems with the shifter. It would stick in and lock so that you can't remove the key. Then the ignition started malfunctioning so that the car doesn't always start. And, the A/C went out. This car is a joke. For a car that is marketed and designed for families, this is a huge disappointment and financial burden. Do not buy this car! Wish we hadn't!"

The car was just OK!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Reason: Trade in for a new car

Pros: "Great gas mileage, room and comfort."

Cons: "Paid way too much for a used car."

"I honestly liked the feel of this car, the safety I felt when driving but I bought this car from a dealership and I was ripped off in every sense of the word and paid way too much, so much that on trade in I had negative equity value toward a new car which made my down pretty much void. Unfortunately, I was naive and should have done things differently but I can't change what happened. The car is technically a good car and great for a family but watch for people who will try to sell it overpriced. Always check Kelly Blue Book to make sure you are getting a fair deal!"

2014 SE Great buy!

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Value, Performance, Interior/Hauling functionality"

Cons: "Expensive packages"

"The interior is by far the most functional out of all the 2014 minivans and the cost was 5000 or more less than anything else in the same class. What more could you want? No idea where the "road noise" comments in a lot of the reviews are coming from, maybe a previous year? It is very quiet on the road. The only real con is that the base equipment is a joke. The AVP base model is missing things like rear AC vents and the critical stow and go middle row. Go for the SE and beware the extremely high cost for all the optional equipment and higher package levels. ($500 for a spare tire? Is it gold plated?) Not rating the quality or reliability since I haven't had it long enough to say."

gas mileage could be better

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

"nice car,,over the road got as much as 26 miles per gallon. over all about 21."

Cons: "Pile of junk"

"This van has given us nothing but trouble all we have done is put money into it because it has needed constant repairs! Will never buy one again!"

Good choice.

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

"Rides great. Fuel economy generally better than rated. Handles well. Lacks some features that I assumed were standard in almost every car today. You must turn the headlights on manually. No reading lights for middle or back row. Small details, but, overall the car meets every need and makes highway trips a relaxing way of life. Put 36,000 miles on in less than 2 years -- nary a problem."

Best vehicle ever.

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Pretty expensive"

Cons: "need running boards wife is handy-cap."

"This mini-van is really under rated hwy mileage at 65 mph is about 28- 30 mpg, but this crew model is loaded with a lot of options, like heated steering wheel, front and back seats shades in the windows his and her ac and heat control it has the 3.6 engine which delivers a lot of power, The only thing i have to do is change oil, The dealership I bought it from tales care of this mini-van. and they have all of the records."

Disapointed overall with vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, price"

Cons: "Road noise, cheap radio, early repairs"

"Bought vehicle with 28,000 miles on it. It had some electical/computer issues. Also one or both of the rear shocks needed to be replaced. It was taken back to dealer 2-3 times for warranty repairs before 36,000 miles. Has been OK since. Prior to buying this vehicle I owned a 2005 Grand Caravan SXT. The 2005 was much quieter on the road and had better accessories, radio/temp guages etc. I had new van undercoated and it is still noisy. The gas mileage is better on the 2012.I've had number of Grand Caravans over the years, don't know if I'll get another one."

Great reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, handles great."

Cons: "No service light under hood."

"Bought our 2009 Caravan new and in 5 years have had absolutely no issues with it. We also pull a 3500 lb trailer and sometimes almost forget about the trailer because it pulls it so effortlessly. Only money spent on it in 5 years have been oil changes, tires rotated, and car washes. Will replace with another Caravan when time comes."

I will never buy a Dodge again

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Interior conveniences are great"

Cons: "Terrible design - too costly to upkeep"

"This is the worst car I have ever purchased. I had to replace all the rotors within the first 6 months and it went downhill from there. I've spent $1500-$2000 a year replacing parts on this car due to faulty design. I spent 6 months taking the car back to the shop repeatedly due to a faulty wiring problem that the dealership couldn't fix. My car has 70,000 miles on it and I just found out that it needs a new transmission!! I am trading this awful car in for a Honda."