2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 282 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

LOVE OUR 2010 GRAND CARAVAN SE

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, comfort, dependability, safety"

Cons: "Zero"

"We love our van. bought new almost 2 years ago and use mostly for road trips. Grand kids love going places in the van. Has been used by 2 of our daughters for their trips also. Have had absolutely "no" problems with this vehicle. Love the stow n go and all the room. Have traveled with 7 passengers and luggage comfortably. Roomy, comfortable, reliable. Only service was our regular oil changes and get 28mpg highway. Not sure of city mpg since we don't use for a lot of city driving and have never really noticed (if mileage was very low, I would have noticed). We are very pleased with this car. We purchased the base model with only a few options. Saw where someone had problems with keys and cost $900 but when we purchased this van I had extra key made for our daughter and only cost $45. Have the sliding doors, not power, and my 3 year old grand daughter can easily open doors. Great protection with side curtain air bags in all rows."

Bad transmissions

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "a lot of room, easy to drive"

Cons: "transmissions, wheel bearings, gear shifter"

"Have put in a new transmission every 30,000 miles, have had 3 set of wheel bearings put on, have had to have the dash removed and a new gear shifter put on. I have 88,000 miles on it. Unless I got the 1 lemon not my choice of a good vehicle. I do like the room and the fact that the seats fold down into the floor. Great for family if only not a lemon."

My 3rd Dodge Caravan. Can't stop going back.

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable seating, cargo room, versatile"

Cons: "Stow-n-go seats are difficult, should be automatic"

"Easy to maintain. Very comfortable seating and visibility. This one has a remote starter in it, as did all my others. Am afraid to think about trading down again but this is too much vehicle for one person."

Just OK vehicle.

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Bought brand new. CONS-Auto sliding doors have been an issue 3 or 4 times. Rear bumper protector went bad first year. Brakes went out way too early and were not covered. Rarely even used 3rd row electric fold seat but does not fully work now, will not fold. Engine makes ticking sound, change oil religiously every 3000. Gas mileage low, around 14-15 mpg. PROS-Powerful 4.0L engine, great DVD system for kids, storage good, nice ride and handling, safety rating and features good. Now looking for something larger to fit 4 kids 2 adults and all their luggage.....Suburban most likely."

I Love My Van !!!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Living in Montana,You might think 4WD,no way,FWD all the way!My Grand Caravan can get me ANYWHERE I need to go!Plus room for everything!Comfort can't be beat!Grand kids love it,Kids love it, but most of ...WE love it! Thanks Dodge!"

have had so many problems with this van

By on Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Do not buy.. especially if 2008!"

Regrets

By on Friday, October 08, 2010

"I bought this new off the floor in 2008. It had all the bells and whistles, and most of the have either broken off or had to be fixed. Items replaced or fixed: carpet, seat handle x3, tailgate trim(needs it again), computer recalibrated x5, left sliding door opens unexpectedly, brakes 1st year, back seat has folded down 3x with my grandsons in their carseats..hmmm..that's all I can remember, for now. I love the comfort & heat of the front and middle seats, DVD player, and the sound system. Will I get another one?????? NO!!!!!!!!! That's not even counting the lousy service at the Dealership. Opps! I forgot, 4 adults seat comfortably, don't try to put them in the backseat. You'll need a crane to get them out! maybe the jaws of life."

This is a very versatile yet comfortable vehicle!

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, Ulitity, Hauling Power, Room!"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Road noise at acceleration, Resale"

"The Dodge Grand Caravan is one of the most versatile and affordable vehicles on the road. While it might not do everything as well as other specific vehicles - it does all things well! It has the utility of a truck, the comfortable ride of a family car, and the people hauling capacity of a van. The engine is peppy and powerful- and can tow smaller loads well. It does get a bit loud and a little buzzy when accelerating at higher speeds - but performs well when you aren't leaning on it hard. ( After-all, this isn't meant to be a sporty vehicle!) The interior is very comfortable for around town use - and works well for longer hauls with the fairly plush bucket seats. The stow-and-go seating system is the best out there. While the seats are not as large and plush as other mini-vans, they are much more versatile and fold out of the way in a flash to give one a HUGE cargo hauling capacity. My wife and I use this like the bed of a truck, and sometimes use it as a bed for an overnight camping trip! As I said before, this vehicle does all things well, and for a very affordable price. It might not maintain its new purchase price as well as other foreign mini-vans, but it is a REAL bargain if one purchases a lightly used late model! That's what WE did, and we couldn't be happier with our purchase."

not bad, but could hope for better gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "nothing bad to say, lol"

"no real complaints, enjoyable ride, for me anyway and i'm a pretty large guy"

love the looks

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "roomy, stow"

Cons: "Powertrain probs, computer probs"

"have owned for less than 1 year. Have had PCM replaced twice. Headlight computer replaced. All new brakes and rotors. Been in garage 5 times now. Oil runs low constantly even though I am getting changed every 3 months. Not reliable. I love the interior and exterior and sliding doors! Love the stow and go. Kids love the back windows that roll all the way down. Roomy van and comfortable. Drives noisy and not smooth but normal for vans. I really hope we just got a lemon and not all are like this bc it really is a sharp looking van that I love to drive when it is problem free. We are looking into a new vehicle now."