2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 803 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Dodge the Dodge at all costs!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "No A/C, runs on 4 out of 6 cylinders"

"Growing up, my parents owned a Dodge Stratus(1995): Problems with A/C. Dodge Grand Caravan (1997): Problems with A/C, Power Windows not Working. Now I have a Dodge Grand Caravan (2006) and guess what: No A/C, runs on 4 out of 6 cylinders, drivers side rear door doesn't unlock so it doesn't open, passenger side rear door does not lock so your belongings or you are never safe, and the undercarriage is rusting.... Run away!"

Best vehicle for families

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Great price, safe, comfortable"

Cons: "Needs a cover for the dashboard"

"Extremely comfortable dependable ride! We bought this van, a 2002 GC ex after our kids got too tall for our first van, a 1994 Caravan. The Grand Caravan had so much more room, headrests on every seat, comfortable adjustable seatbelts. Sill running terrific at 117400 miles, with no problems, just routine maintenance. Wish I had known about dashboard covers when I first bought this van- the immense windshield magnified the sun's heat and caused the dash cowl to crack badly (we live in the South). Great sound system (& we only had the 6 speaker system!) and the CD/stereo is still clear and plays great. Power lift gate was such a great feature, hauling kids, soccer gear, groceries, etc."

Blacked out w/ chrome 18's Awesome and dependable

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "22 mpg, decent cornering and wicked comfortable"

Cons: "Rusts in the same spot on every one I've had."

"I've now owned a '96, '99, and an '01. I took the first 2 over 225,000 miles and the only reason I'm selling this one at 172,000 miles is because I'm a little older and just bought a Chrysler Town n Country, loaded with leather, stock chrome wheels, heated power memory seats and all wheel drive. My '99 had awd and it was awesome in the snow. It didn't need snow tires, ever. I would definitely by another. I think Chrysler stopped making the awd minivans though. Too bad."

Great for a family!

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Very Reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "Rear visibility not great"

"I'm about to sell my van, but reluctantly. I bought it used four years ago, unaware it had been in an accident that caused frame damage. Even with that, it served us well. And even with axle and sway bar threatening to give way, I still love it and hate to see it go, like a member of the family. It's roomy, and all the seats are comfortable, great for long trips. The only negative is what's common with all passenger vans, that it doesn't have the best rear visibility, and you can't dart in and out of traffic as easily as with a coupe or sedan."

yuck

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, easy to drive"

Cons: "gas guzzler, constant repairs"

"This car is a piece of junk. It has needed repairs constantly. It gets pathetic gas mileage. It is however, comfortable and easy to drive. I would never buy this again."

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE !!!!

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "good power ,plenty of room , looks good"

Cons: "dodge vans seem to be rough on transmissions"

My 2007 dodge caravan

"This is my third van that I have owned , one ford (which was my first old clunker van) and then a 99' plymouth voyager ( which is basically the same as the dodge caravan). My sister at the same time bought a 2000 dodge caravan and she loved it too. We had a few basic problem out of them ,My plymouth had previously been wrecked and had to have the transmission replaced and over the years a starter ,my sister had to replace axles and a few nicknacks . But over all AWESOME vans . I sold my plymouth van with 219k miles and the guy that bought it took it to Florida multiple times after that. I decided to buy this 2007 dodge caravan and I love it , I was afraid it would be hard on gas but was suprised to find out in these mountains we are getting approx. 20 - 22 mpg . and that's pretty good for a 3.3 v6 in southwest virginia . The van has been well maintained and looks and runs great and all the room is such a plus . I just have 2 kids and really don't need a vehicle this size but we will be keeping this van for a permanent family vehicle ."

My 2007 dodge caravan

One of the best vehicles that I have owned

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

"192000 miles, and never a wrench, except electric windows. Fantastic vehicle."

Very Reliable!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cons: "Headliner starting to sag."

"I bought this car used and have had it for 10 years. Never any major problems. This van has never left me stranded and has a lot of life still in it."

Very handy for a family

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "prefect for kids and hauling things"

Cons: "cost too much to install auto start system to"

"You can haul a lot of stuff in them love seats twin beds/full beds even. This is our second caravan, has built in car seats which come in handy for grandparents as well or when your child brings home an unexpected playmate from school and you have to drive them back home. We have put many a miles on our vans. We take road trips nearly every weekend and its never let us down, also very good on gas considering its a larger car we avg 24mile to gallon, maybe 27 on highway. Only con is the key system has panic set on the key so you can not install a auto start to warm it in the morning without a extra expense. In Montana that would come in handy to have a window defrosting while getting coffee in the morning without having to make the trip outside."

Great Minivan

By on Sunday, April 19, 2009

"I have owned my 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan ES for 6 years now. Besides routine maintenance (oil changes, brakes, tires, etc), I have only had one issue and that was the A/C was stuck on high (bad blower motor resistor block less than $100 total). It is very comfortable and reliable, and I love all the tech stuff...navigation, dvd, etc. Definitely would recommend!"

average joe

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"I have owned this van for 2 years. We are trading it off soon because of little things going wrong and falling off or breaking. these include the rear door deciding when it wants to open or not, the side of the front seat just falling off, and some mechanical issues that are happening way too soon. Nothing major, but not good quality for the price we paid. Im not very happy, but it was designed well for the family, and for that I am pleased. Nice, but not nice enough."

Many problems

By on Monday, November 24, 2008

"I have owned 5 or 6 chrysler vans. This one has been in and out of the shop repeatedly and that is with less than warranty milage. I think I am done with Chrysler/Dodge products. All little stuff that was covered but I do not trust it anymore"

rotten experience

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"This vehicle has been nothing but an expensive headache. For what I paid for it, I was robbed and it is already worth next to nothing for a trade in. Transmission problems, gasket problems, a/c problems, axle joint problems, on and on. Never again."

Satisfied w/minor issues

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"This is our 3rd Caravan but, the first 07 Grand Caravan SXT. I like the bigger engine but it comes with more noise especially during cold starts. This one has the Stow n Go seating which is awsome, but I think the chassis suffers from it. This van does not handle near as well as our other caravans or even the Grand we rented w/o Stow n Go. Interior noise suffers on the highway as well. The Grand Caravan is very practical for our family of 5 but the value has gone down about 10k from what I paid for it just over a year ago.(new) Thank goodness for the warranty because I will be stuck with this one for the life of the loan. MPG on trips with the cruise at 70 is about 24mpg. Go any faster and you will see it drop. Sirius radio, power doors, rear heat/ac, and stow n go are it's best features. If you are buying one used with low miles you will rate much better on the value compared to the much pricier import models. Driven 12k miles with it so far. Good luck."

Great Family Car

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"We have owned our Grand Caravan for a little over a year and we love it. It is great if you have teenagers that are adult sized! The only disappointment is the in-town gas mileage. It is better than a full sized SUV, but not as good as a sedan. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone with kids, dogs, or just lots of stuff to transport!"

Safest Vehicle

By on Sunday, March 30, 2008

"We were involved in a high speed accident and everyone in the dodge grand caravan walked away with only minor aches and pains. Truely the safest vehicle!"

Got lucky on this one!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"While it would not be my first choice, I bought a previous rental with 28K miles on it. Now it has nearly 200K and truly has given me my money's worth. Other than maintenance (oil, brakes) an anti-lock brake sensor went out ($300 - what a rip). There are electrical issues (fluctuating lights) but other than that, we have loved the van and make it our #1 vehicle ever."

wears out fast

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"have owned the grand caravan sxt limited edition for going on 3 years. it has been reliable until about 2 months ago now that the van is approaching 60000 miles mostly freeway, back and forth trips from san diego to nevada. the shocks are worn need to be replaced, the bushings are worn in the front end, power steering seal is leaking. i purchased the added warranty which doesnt cover the bushings and schocks. wish i didnt purchase the extra warranty, not worth it. gas mileage is just a little bit better than my jeep wrangler. well it was good while it lasted...."

LOVE MY VAN

By on Sunday, December 16, 2007

"I love my van, the stow n go is the greatest thing ever invented for families. This van saves a huge back ache when it come to kids. I would definatly get another one."

checking into lemon laws

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"WOW, huge disappointment. Van randomly fails to start (3 times in 4 months), dealers can’t figure it out, refuse to try to fix it (“Sorry dude, call us when it happens again”). Chrysler Customer service says “Wow, that really bites, huh? Well, better luck next time.” Too bad, because we really like the van, the Stow and Go is great, it is very nice traveling, etc—but that doesn’t matter if it won’t start!! A little hard on gas, around 15 mpg in town, maybe 20 on the highway. Other than not starting and running, is a great vehicle."

Third Time Buyer

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"We first purchased a 5-speed minivan in 1988 and have owned two automatic minivans since. The transmission needed to be replaced on both the autuomatics. Other than that the vehicle has been reliable up to 100,000 miles so far, with scheduled maintenance and only a couple of repair issues costing around $2000."

Lemon

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"We bought this van thinking it would be a dream. 15 visits in the first 12 months with the 3 rear lift motors, 2 rear lift computers and 1 left mechanism later it is still flakey. All of that was in the first 12 months of owning it. Several gremlins in the electrical keep me from wanting this van for much to longer..."

Best ever

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"Vehicle was used (first 70,000) on the highway. Wife's a sales rep. Then, I've driven the remaining miles (up to 120,000) in town and it still drives like a new one. No noises everything works. Removed the back seat and we use it to go to the beach. I've had this 5 years and would not hesitate to buy another if a Van is what I needed."

good family vehicle

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"I have owned this van for about 2.5 years and it has been very reliable but it does get horrible milage and the factory tires were junk. repaced with 17in wheels and quality tires, now vehicle gets better milage and feels more stable. Found ratings for factory tires(goodyear integrity) as totaly horrible in every condition!!"

Dodge is a Great Buy!

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I have owned my Grand Caravan for almost a year and I love it! I havent had any trouble and it works great for my family of 7!"