2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.5

Based on 749 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Excellent driving vehicle.

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable driving van."

Cons: "Power door sometimes acts up."

"Bought it second hand at 35K miles. Has been a pleasure to drive. Very little maintenance problems with it. Great on long trips and carrying cargo. Excellent all around vehicle."

Purchased New had 3 miles on it. one owner

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "FAIR PRICE FOR THIS VEHICLE"

Cons: "HAS LITTLE RUST, A KNOCK IN THE FRONT."

"Good Vehicle to get around, nice second car, very little rust, everything works,nice A/C Has 10" alpine drop down DVD/entertainment center beautiful picture with remote and wireless headphones. deep tint window for privacy. maintain well, newer tires, did brakes three months ago, new pads,rotors,calipers,and wheel cylinders just did oil change and 21 point inspection on it,One year old battery with an 5 yrs warranty a knock in the front end might need struts."

VERSATILE, COMFORTABLE, UTILITY AND RELIABILITY

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

"BEST FEATURES- STOW AND GO SEATS, MAXIMUM STORAGE, COMFORTABLE RIDE, LIGHTING FEATURES, STRONG ENDINE AND EASE OF DRIVING."

Extremely Comfortable, bad radiator & trans.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"Extremely Comfortable to ride and drive. we bought it used in 2010 with ~69K mi. Within 9 months, the a/c went. Then, a few months later, some electrical issues in dashboard, and rear bulbs kept burning out. Within a year after, the radiator started acting up, and finally went in 2013, needed replacement. Not too long after that, the gearshift started slowly slipping, speed sensors were blamed and replaced, fast forward to May 2014, the slippage became what I termed the intermittent "bucking bronco" and finally the Caravan refused to leave the safety of 1st gear and I was then told by the mechanic candidly:'to be honest with you sir, Caravans keep us in business.' Oh yeah, and they don't do transmissions, but the can recommend a place."

Love it, wouldn't trade or sell

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Plan on driving another 100,000 miles due to easy upkeep"

A good vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable and the price is great"

Cons: "No rear view camera but easy to install."

"When I got this vehicle the condition was poor. I had to replace the transmission, new water pump, new gaskets for oil cover and intake manifold. After spending $4000 + this vehicle is a pleasure to drive. It is very smooth and handles well on the road. It is the ideal family vehicle with lots of storage, folding seats, and a DVD player to entertain the kids. The seats are very roomy so if you are larger than a runway model this is great. Lots of cup holders and outlets for charging phones and other electronics. Each section has its own vents for efficient cooling. You can also adjust the temperature in the front and the rear independently. It also has satellite radio."

2005 Grand Coravan XLT

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "lots of space, stow-n-go, top cargo rack"

Cons: "door locks have short."

"Just bought it in June, 2014 as a second vehicle do chaffier kids to their sports activities. That is with 126,000 miles. So far so good. Drives well, just few problems. Little bit of door rust above one rear tire. Also, passenger door lucks don't always work( I have to manfully pull/close to open/close locks). Otherwise so far so good. Kids love it, I don't have to listen to them "he/she is touching me" each other. One in second raw, second in third raw; and still plenty of room for baseball, and swimming gear."

This thing wont give me a reason to buy a Cadillac

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Durability and cost of upkeep."

Cons: "Loss of street cred driving a van as a single Dad"

"Bought in 2006. Negatives: Brakes go bad quickly and poor power steering. I am jealous of stow and go as my 2003 doesn't have them. Engine and trans are fine....never a problem. I remember thinking 3 years ago..."just last two more years" as I get out of debt. Every year I keep saying "just last 2 more years". the thing keeps running Positives: No door dents in the Camaro parked next to this in garage from kids (thank you sliding doors). I am at the point now with the attitude of "don't fix it until it breaks." I don't wanna put money into it then the engine blows. That being said, my front end is shot.....but it keeps going. Even through 7 Northern MN winters. I am at the point of thinking ,"Am I gonna give this to my 10 year old in 6 years for her car?" I will continue to drive the "Swagger Wagon" or "loser cruiser" until she sleeps."

dont buy

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

"this van is a junk. this is the second one I owned at 75000 things start going wrong power steering. then starts knocking at 100000 miles. both cars well maintained both with exactly the same problem dodge says nothing they can do."

no brainer for the family

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "great price, reliable, good on gas, great family v"

Cons: "make sure you keep you transmission serviced."

"I bought my 2005 dodge grand caravan used, with about 89,000 on it at a super buy, and a one owner to boot. I would not have bought most vehicles with this mileage, but after reading several reviews of people not wanted to give them up, I guess that is why so many have high mileage. they tend on average to go 300,000 or 400,000 miles. they are a good buy for the money used or new, compared to Honda and Toyota vans. remember they are the founding father, of what we know as the mini van."

See if you qualify for