2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.5

Based on 749 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Excellent 'living room' for 11 years.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

"91,000 miles. California car (no rust). I bought it with 19k miles on it from Enterprise in November, 2003. The only long drive I've taken was in 2010, from LA to Indiana. 2400mi one way. Drove it back a few months later. Ran perfectly. I use it to commute to work (3mi) to swim (3mi) and home. I've had it over 10 years and have put 72k mi on it. A little over 7000/yr. Just had the air conditioner replaced. Everything works perfectly except the turn signal. You have to manually turn it off. it's pretty clean; I'm going to detail it. Someone could probably buy it from me if they had a good price."

EX model. Nice used vehicle

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"Bought this used. Is a nice, roomy automobile."

poor mans luxury

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "great price for features ride and handling,"

Cons: "needs constant attention, loss of oil"

"this vehicle is like driving your couch, extremely comfortable,convenient and spacious. Unfortuately I have replaced just about everything and now am experiencing rust everywhere. Gas mileage could be better, but a 3.8 motor is big and powerful and will run for a long time, yet I am disappointed that it loses oil. Overall I love my car, it is a great overall, a great used buy"

Best vehicle I've driven in 45 years

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "everything about vehicle is great"

"this is a keyless entry and gives me at least 21-22 mpg. I have rarely had to use the warranty the heating system is nearly new and everything in it works including the backup sensor. I have taken real good care of this vehicle."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "economical, dependable, and makes a great camper!"

Cons: "replaced power window motors 3 times total."

"I'm getting ready to sell this for a newer model. 335,000 miles, and still runs like new. Never touched engine or transmission, except for normal maintenance. I kept maintenance records on this Van, and my cost to own, counting everything , including Sales tax and license plates, trailer hitch install..... and even car washes! (not counting insurance) is 21.3 cents per mile. My 4th Grand Caravan, and I'm buying a Town & Country this time."

Cannot not go without it

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "versitility"

Cons: "cheap interior"

"I love the van the stow n go is by far the best around! You never know when you will need it but all seats fold into the floor so it will not be a problem. I do feel the interior is cheap I had cup holders fall off and trim come loose. It does have a problem with rust on back door and the power sliding doors electric pieces are junk and if you have kids you will need to replace them a few times. I did once and than they went down again so I just slide them open my self now. I would by this van again even though it drives like a boat. I got a dog and 3 kids and it works perfect for us."

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Needs to be washed occasionally"

"We are looking to purchase our sixth Dodge/Chrysler minivan. Our fourth one now belongs to a friend and has over 200000 miles on it and is still going strong. Our current Grand Caravan has given us over a hundred thousand miles of great transportation, and we are looking forward to getting a newer model. Love this series."

Best car we have ever owned. 262,000 wonderful mi

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"262,000 miles and would go another 50,000. In the zhop this year for a tune up. No repairs ever just good maintenance. Crunched in an accident unfortunately, saved our lives. Held up great and did not roll."

best van ever

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"great car"

best mini van i ever owned

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "great ride, 25mpg on highway very good"

Cons: "spare tire not easy to get out under the van"

"stow and go best feature ever for me. sliding doors both sides good idea.rear window windsheild wiper and washer doesnt work very good. check engine light is lame because an oxygen sensor in the catalytic converter was making the light come on. a mechanic told me not to worry about it. pain in the neck looking at it!"

after 11 yrs, no complaints, good reliable minivan

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "good price, reliable, reasonable repairs"

Cons: "doors are manual, no cd player, can't open back wi"

"This has been a great car for us and with 2 kids and a dog, has had lots of abuse. We have also used it for hauling a trailer. Other than things that are generally replaced more often like the muffler, brake pads and tires, most of the parts are still the original including the transmission. It drives comfortably and well. The small things are starting to go. The blinker must be turned off manually, one of the doors must be locked and unlocked manually, the rear window wiper does not work well and the driver side interior light doesn't work. Otherwise it is still going strong at 192,000miles."

Excellent bang for your buck

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Space and accessibility"

Cons: "High fuel consumption"

"Comfortable seating, stow & go extremely useful but quite low MPG (average 15-17)"

Looks new, great to drive.

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Looks new, great to drive, new tires, cup holders."

Cons: "A few spots on carpet in cargo area."

"Motor replaced at 65000 miles. Four new tires installed October, 2013; driven less than 100 miles on the new tires. This car drives and handles very well; it has been one our favorite cars. The reason we are selling is we are over 90 years old, and do not drive anymore."

I love this minivan, who could ask for more

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "great van, reliable, low maintance costs and good"

Cons: "can't say any thing bad, I have had no problems"

"I love my 2007 dodge caravan. I purchased it used three years ago, and could not be happier with it. I found a limited edition, it has every option a soccer mom could ask for. We had limited costs for regular maintenance, tires, oil changes, brakes. We had to replace the alternator but no biggie. What could be better than heated leather seats and a sunroof. I am now ready to pass it on to a mom who has kids to cart around. Mine are driving, so I don't need a 7 passenger van anymore."

the 3.3ltr v-6 is the best v6 ever built..

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "awesome drivetrain.."

Cons: "everything you need.."

"these vans with 3.3ltr are very durable and worth evert penny! :)"

great for working and family

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "easy to drive- easy to see out of"

Cons: "need better cup holders in it"

"lay down rear seats allow me to haul with ease. then put grandkids in the next day in a matter of minutes. depending on time to unload. 2ed row bucket seats allow ease to get to rear seats. they are very comfortable for traveling. I sometimes ride there and let the front seat "take a brake". the rear temp controls let me turn down the heat if the little ones were in a coat without stopping to readjust them. same with the air. I have owned this van for 5 yrs and don't have anything bad to say about it. just looking at this site to see about what it is worth and what to expect to get if I trade up for a newer one."

EveryMan's EveryVan

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

"I got my used 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 3.8 (bright white) after losing my wheels in Hurricane Katrina. It's proven to be a really reliable & fun car to drive. It can handle a lot of folks, kids, dogs, ice chests, and the roof rack can handle any extra camping and beach gear. The factory alloy wheels gives it a sporty look. The stow-a-way seats let her haul like a pickup truck or add a mattress and you've got a comfortable room for the night. It drinks some gas but nothing like a Nissan Armada or Toyota Tundra."

Dodge the Dodge at all costs!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "No A/C, runs on 4 out of 6 cylinders"

"Growing up, my parents owned a Dodge Stratus(1995): Problems with A/C. Dodge Grand Caravan (1997): Problems with A/C, Power Windows not Working. Now I have a Dodge Grand Caravan (2006) and guess what: No A/C, runs on 4 out of 6 cylinders, drivers side rear door doesn't unlock so it doesn't open, passenger side rear door does not lock so your belongings or you are never safe, and the undercarriage is rusting.... Run away!"

best vehicle for my purposes

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Very good price, very useful to drive, age 77"

Cons: "no gas cap lock, no outside entry"

"No trouble except new brakes, etc."

Your worst nightmare.

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Reason: EVERYTHING WAS BAD IN THIS VAN

Pros: "Beautiful design and color."

Cons: "The van by itself."

"From the beginning, this van had problems of any kind. It was a 2005 Grand Caravan SXT with 97,000 miles. In 5 months I changed the alternator, the main computer and the interior headliner. The power sliding doors and the power liftgate never worked properly. The gauges in the dashboard were constantly flickering like crazy and sometimes the engine stalls and stop suddenly without apparent reason. The transmission jumped sometimes between first and second shift sometimes it happens at high speed. I had to replace the crankshaft sensor and nothing improve. And finally this Van never did more than 11 MPG in city traffic and 15mpg on highway."

We LOVE OUR GRAND CARAVAN... Great for trips!

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, Comfortable, seats 7, fun, high up!!! :)"

Cons: "Electrical & trans issues, Yes-extended warranty."

"We bought our 2002 RED Grand Caravan in 2007, Used w/ 57,800 miles. I've always wanted this minivan- I love the body style. We did have a transmission issue right after we bought it, but we bought the extended warranty and it didn't cost me anything. Then the transmission went out 8/2008, but it was still under warranty so it was fixed for $100 deductible. We've never had any MAJOR problems. We have put on 83,000 miles in 6 years-- We've driven to WI & IA many times. We've been to WY and back, to TN and up to MD last year. We just love that it seats 7 comfortably. Its great to fill up the car w/ kids to take them here & there, or hanging out w/ family & driving your parents where they need to go. I love how high you sit & you can see everything around you. Comfortable ride, good pickup, w/ minimal issues. GREAT CAR, Dependable and Fun to drive. Cons: electrical issues are starting to creep up- My drivers side window electrical motor is acting up again- 2nd time is 2 yrs. Other than that.. Good & Dependable car."

Easy to repair if you are a "Shade Tree" mechanic.

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, easy to repair (if you have a clue)"

Cons: "RUST issues in fender wells and rocker panels"

"I've owned Caravan's, Voyager's and a Town and Country since 1984. I have only one thing to say bad about the 2001-2007 model years... RUST! If you get one with clean rocker panels in the "salt belt" then it's a rare bird. Better undercoat it quick to keep it that way... The 1996-2000 years were much better about rust and you will likely find older ones with better body integrity then the newer, sad to say. Here's a trick that helped me get 314,098 miles out of an all wheel drive 1992 version and over 200,000 miles on 5 more up to a 2005 model; Instead of using a Fram PH-16 oil filter (or equivalent), try using a PH-8A Filter instead, has twice the filter area and keeps the oil MUCH cleaner, use FULL synthetic oil too. Happy motoring! 3.3 Liter motor is indestructible if taken care of..."

Dodge Caravan

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

"Excellent versatile vehicle. Loved the removable bench seats. Main downfall was lack of security. Our van was stolen in Atlanta."

Best vehicle for families

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Great price, safe, comfortable"

Cons: "Needs a cover for the dashboard"

"Extremely comfortable dependable ride! We bought this van, a 2002 GC ex after our kids got too tall for our first van, a 1994 Caravan. The Grand Caravan had so much more room, headrests on every seat, comfortable adjustable seatbelts. Sill running terrific at 117400 miles, with no problems, just routine maintenance. Wish I had known about dashboard covers when I first bought this van- the immense windshield magnified the sun's heat and caused the dash cowl to crack badly (we live in the South). Great sound system (& we only had the 6 speaker system!) and the CD/stereo is still clear and plays great. Power lift gate was such a great feature, hauling kids, soccer gear, groceries, etc."

Blacked out w/ chrome 18's Awesome and dependable

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "22 mpg, decent cornering and wicked comfortable"

Cons: "Rusts in the same spot on every one I've had."

"I've now owned a '96, '99, and an '01. I took the first 2 over 225,000 miles and the only reason I'm selling this one at 172,000 miles is because I'm a little older and just bought a Chrysler Town n Country, loaded with leather, stock chrome wheels, heated power memory seats and all wheel drive. My '99 had awd and it was awesome in the snow. It didn't need snow tires, ever. I would definitely by another. I think Chrysler stopped making the awd minivans though. Too bad."

See if you qualify for