2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 786 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

All Around Great Car

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"This car drives great. Very smooth and picks up quick on highways. Pretty sporty. The seats are so comfortable. More so then newer cars I've been in. The cup holder adjust to the size of your cup, very handy. Whether you're trying to store a baby bottle or a large coffee your drink won't budge. The middle row has it's own pair of cup holders that also adjust and the third row has non-adjusting cup holders. The central air in the car is fantastic! It has tons of air vents all over the place. The side doors slide open and latch into place. That comes in handy when you're parked on a hill. Many of the side doors on other minivans don't latch in place and I've had them slide shut on my legs when I was parked on my hill trying to pull my kids out. The latching mechanism is a life saver! I was on this site looking to trade my car in for an 8 passenger instead of our current 7 passenger. It's going to be hard to let this car go."

Real Dads drive minivans

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"I had this minivan for almost 6 years and drove for 128K miles in it. We comfortably transported a family of six with luggage and baseball team gear. Fully load the minivan still had good acceleration and still averaged almost 21mpg hwy. The functionality and versatility of this vehical was awesome!!!! Repairs over the life of ownership consisted of replacing a fan motor for the A/C at 126K and a brake caliper at 98k. Not bad for a vehicle we drove to 13 different states."

no brainer for the family

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "great price, reliable, good on gas, great family v"

Cons: "make sure you keep you transmission serviced."

"I bought my 2005 dodge grand caravan used, with about 89,000 on it at a super buy, and a one owner to boot. I would not have bought most vehicles with this mileage, but after reading several reviews of people not wanted to give them up, I guess that is why so many have high mileage. they tend on average to go 300,000 or 400,000 miles. they are a good buy for the money used or new, compared to Honda and Toyota vans. remember they are the founding father, of what we know as the mini van."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "economical, dependable, and makes a great camper!"

Cons: "replaced power window motors 3 times total."

"I'm getting ready to sell this for a newer model. 335,000 miles, and still runs like new. Never touched engine or transmission, except for normal maintenance. I kept maintenance records on this Van, and my cost to own, counting everything , including Sales tax and license plates, trailer hitch install..... and even car washes! (not counting insurance) is 21.3 cents per mile. My 4th Grand Caravan, and I'm buying a Town & Country this time."

Love this car. My 3rd Caravan.

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Great driver, hauler, and tows great."

Cons: "None."

"I have driven my previous Caravans to over 250000 miles each with little or no problems. Best family car on the road. Reliable and practical."