2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 772 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Previous | 1 ... 28 29 30 31 | Next

It has its days

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"We bought our van used and were excited to find this Grand Caravan ES. We were having trouble finding that year/price range that did not have over 120k miles. For this year model van it is really loaded... It runs great as far as power and comfort can be found anywhere one might choose to sit. LOTS of cargo room (but the seats are a pain to get in and out). We packed in 8 sheets of 3/4 inch plywood and 10 sheets of cement backerboard with lots of room to spare; and the auto leveling system worked great. But so much for the good stuff. Our van had 64k miles when we bought it about six months ago and since then we have replaced: 1. Alternator 2. A/C Compressor 3. Receiver/dryer 4. Serpitine belt 5. Battery 6. switch on auto sliding side door (which still chooses when it wants to work) 7. Motor on auto rear lift gate (still does not work) 8. five fuses (two which were the same one blown twice) 9.dealer replaced something on the passenger heated seat (thankfully due to a recall on the heated seats) 10. The ENGINE light has been "fixed" three times now and came on again last week (dealer said they replaced gas cap and one rubber hose and that would take care of it - guess NOT) 11. And now the radio for no apparent reason will change to a CD and reset the clock back to 12:00; this takes place sometimes three or four times a day! One never really knows what you are going to get from a used car, and this one is living proof - I'm just an average joe smo that dropped an extremely hard earned 2k down payment which to me and the money we make might as well had been 20k, because thats what it felt like coming out of our pocket. Then to have so many things go wrong with what seem to be a great van when we first bought it. And then back at the car-lot the sales guy is laughing all the way to the bank as I am cry'in on the way out!"

Very nice minivan

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"I have had my 2005 DGC for almost three years and had no problems at all so far. Only recall was on a possible pinched hose that I had looked at when I had an oil change. Love the Stow-n-Go seats. The van is solid and quiet, with no squeaks. Has great A/C, which I need here in Arizona with the 105 plus temp. Very happy with it so far. Love the looks on the outside. Inside is a little to plain though."

good family vehicle

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"I have owned this van for about 2.5 years and it has been very reliable but it does get horrible milage and the factory tires were junk. repaced with 17in wheels and quality tires, now vehicle gets better milage and feels more stable. Found ratings for factory tires(goodyear integrity) as totaly horrible in every condition!!"

Dodge Grand Caravan 2005

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"I bought this van new. The power doors and the Stow n Go seats are GREAT features. I really love the interior of this van but the rest of the van is sub-par. It seems like any of the parts of this van that must be replaced due to wear & tear are junk. I replaced brakes at 20,000 mi and tires at 21,000 mi. The a/c "gadget" broke at 40,000 mi and although brake light bulbs do burn out, I have replaced them twice. Dodge has it right on the inside but the mechanics are garbage."

ECONOMY VAN

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"CHRYSLER VANS HAVE HAD TRANSMISSION CONCERNS FOR SO LONG AND HAVE NOT CORRECTED IT YET...GAS MILEAGE COMPARE TO HONDA ODDYSEY 3.5 LITER ENGINE...HONDA GETS 25 TO 27 MPG. AC CONTROL MODULE LOOSES PROGRAM AT ANY GIVEN TIME.ALSO BRAKES ARE NOT SO WELL DESIGNED."

Best Investment

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"I purhcased my 2006 Grand Caravan exactly 1 yr ago. Best vehicle purchase ever made. Terrific ride, excellent gas mileage. Best overall."

ok

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Dodge overstated that gas mileage. My best mileage is 19mpg. It has a very smooth ride. I like the power doors. It has a poor resale value. I believe that that it is over priced. I love the stow n go seating. I don't like the factory brake pads. I am constantly having to clean the rim, because of the excessive brake dust. The Air conditioning could be colder. I purchased the van new. The second day that I had the van, the left tail light assembly was hanging by its wires. It is only held in place by about 4 plastic tabs on the assembly."

satisfied

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"like the comfort have 4 trips over 1200 miles gas milage avg. between 24&26 miles on trips overall very happy."

No resale value

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"This vehicle has very poor fuel mileage, chrysler overstated fuel mileage, a big lie. Also has a very poor resale value. I hope it lasts a long time because I cannot afford to trade it in due to trade in value, and nobody will buy it for what i still owe. I wouldnt be comfortable selling it for more than its worth and thats about 9,000 less than I owe."

No regrets

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Bought my 2001 ES with 50,000 miles on it.I've had it for approx. 4 years. Now has 91,000 and the only repair that was required so far was an alternator. Great performance with the 3.8 v-6. Vehicle was severly hit on the drivers side by a full size truck at approx. 35 mph. My pregnant wife and children walked away without a scratch. Even with the amount of damage to the body panels there was no frame damage and vehicle was repaired and still runs and drives great. I've owned both a Chevy Venture and a Ford Windstar and they don't come close."

used alot

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"we bought this van used with 15000 miles on it and have put on another 145000 miles with minor repairs. struts and shocks, minor engine repair etc. Keeps going and going , of course we maintain it regulary."

Keeps you safe....

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I was involved in an accident with this vehicle and walked away with what people call minor injuries with being hit at 45+ mph on the drivers side. This vehicle made me feel safe looking at it and saying WOW, and this is all I got out that. I would buy a new one with the stow and go seating in a heart beat."

Buy other make!

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"To save a few thousand I purchased the Grand Caravan. What a mistake... the integrity of this vehicle, especially the paint and interior is the worst I've ever owned. There is hardly ample power to pass on the highway and the fuel economy is terrible. Buy another brand (Honda or Toyota) and steer clear of Chyrsler products."

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

terrible AC system

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"My van is in for the sixth time since we bought it. Not to mention the bad ball joint, bad fuel pump, and strut bushings. wow"

nothing but trouble

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"We bought our 2004 Grand Caravan brand new and had nothing but trouble from day one! Had it in numerous times for a variety of problems with the transmission, brakes, power door locks, EGR valve, etc. all within three years. We put a lot of money into it on things that weren't covered by warranty."

Dodge is a Great Buy!

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I have owned my Grand Caravan for almost a year and I love it! I havent had any trouble and it works great for my family of 7!"

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

Good Family Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"We have owned our 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan since June 2005. I have two children and this vehicle has served us well. I drive quite a bit for work and this has been a very reliable vehicle for me. We did have a TV/DVD player installed, which doesn't work perfectly but that is more the fault of Best Buy than Dodge. I am very satisfied with this product. Prior to buying this vehicle I had only had good luck with Chevy's. I can add Dodge to my list of good cars!"

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Good ride and performance,excelent take of power."

great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"we definitley got our moneys worth with this van, has 221,000 miles, we still drive this van, the only maintenance we have done other than oil hanges and normal maint. is put in a transmission @ 180,000 miles. That is awesome this day and time with the poor quality manufactures put out these days."

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

One of the best family vehicles I have ever owned!

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"I love this Van. We have used it many times on trips over 1200 miles. I don't have a DVD system but bought a $35 dollar adapter to plug our laptops into and had one for each of the back seats. Quiet rides and great to have rear air and dual climate control."

2nd one in 2 years

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"We had a 2005 SXT and loved it. Recently traded it in on a 2007 model. Haven't have the new one long enough to review, but the 2005 was a great van. Had a few problems that I had to take in and get repaired, but nothing that bad. Took a couple of 2000+ mile trips and got around 25-26 mpg. In town we average about 19. I would definately recommend another person to buy one. My only regret was not waiting for the 2008 model to come out before trading. Oh and the 2005 held it's resale very well. Very good van!!!"

Previous | 1 ... 28 29 30 31 | Next