2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.5

Based on 751 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Previous | 1 ... 28 29 30 31 | Next

great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"we definitley got our moneys worth with this van, has 221,000 miles, we still drive this van, the only maintenance we have done other than oil hanges and normal maint. is put in a transmission @ 180,000 miles. That is awesome this day and time with the poor quality manufactures put out these days."

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

One of the best family vehicles I have ever owned!

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"I love this Van. We have used it many times on trips over 1200 miles. I don't have a DVD system but bought a $35 dollar adapter to plug our laptops into and had one for each of the back seats. Quiet rides and great to have rear air and dual climate control."

2nd one in 2 years

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"We had a 2005 SXT and loved it. Recently traded it in on a 2007 model. Haven't have the new one long enough to review, but the 2005 was a great van. Had a few problems that I had to take in and get repaired, but nothing that bad. Took a couple of 2000+ mile trips and got around 25-26 mpg. In town we average about 19. I would definately recommend another person to buy one. My only regret was not waiting for the 2008 model to come out before trading. Oh and the 2005 held it's resale very well. Very good van!!!"

Good Van

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I have owned a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan SE for 5 years now. I purchased the vehicle with 14,000 miles on it for about $17,000 and now have 165,000 miles. I recently had to have major work done on the cooling system which ran around $1500. The alum. timing cover the water pumps bolts to developed a pin hole leak. This part was only a dealer item. I realize that I had a lot to do with this problem since I never flushed the cooling system. I do change the oil on a regular basis. Also, about 1 1/2 years ago the rack and pinon had to be replaced. I went ahead and had the valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, spark plugs and wires, and brakes replaced. The vehicle seems to ride to low for me. I have hit several objects in the road that I feel I should have cleared. The vehicle does have some electrical issues. The A/C fan only works on high, the power windows sometimes stop midway, the sliding doors do not unlock by power, the passive alarm system sometimes goes off when I open the door, and the gas gauge goes to empty right after I fill up for about 50 miles. My gas mileage has dropped from around 18-20 mpg to 14-16 mpg since the introduction of 10% ethanol. I guess the main thing people have to realize is that maintiance must be performed on any vehicle in order for it to run in top shape. I have not maintained the vehicle like I should have and I put many miles on the van in short period of time."

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"we bought this van at 2years old and have had it since. it is a very reliable van, it is not the coolest looking van on the market but it is great for hauling around 4 kids and 2 dogs. now it would just pull a trailer and be 4 wheel drive we would not be trying to sell it now."

They keep getting better...

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"This is our third Caravan (we also had a Voyager) and each generation gets better. The stow-and-go is a great feature, and if this one lasts as long as our last two (250,000+ each and still going) we will be very happy! Rear entertainment system works great and keeps the kids busy. Wish we would have gotten the 3.8, but this will do for us since we don't tow with this vehicle. It may be a small thing, but I really like the controls on the cruise control (cancel works great) the older models were laid out differently, and as usual, the Chrysler design works very well by sticking to the speed it is set at up and down hills. Transmission shifts flawlessly, can't even feel it most of the time. Love the storage spaces and the many cup holders!"

No Impressed

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"I've had this van for almost three years now and while my kids love it, I am less than thrilled. I by no means abuse my vehicles and have around 33k on this one. In the time that I've owned the van I've had to take it in for 3 recalls, had to have the slider door motor replaced, the DVD system replaced, the front brakes replaced, the front brake calipers replaced, wiring in the ignition redone, and spark plugs replaced. So if your looking to buy a Grand Caravan for it's reliablity, turn around and run."

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

best vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"this car is great runs and has all we needed in a car so thank u for this great doge"

not a reliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I purchased this model car in fall of 2005. We were expecting our 4th child and needed a van. I loved our van at first. But by 40.000 miles I had replaced both front and rear brakes, tires, window motors, front axle, alternator, battery, and various cosmetic items that either broke or just fell off. I have never had to replace or repair so many things on such a "new" van. Most of the 40,000 miles are highway miles. I have purchased Dodge before and not had these types of issues. I will not purchase a Dodge again."

Not worth the money

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Love the stow and go but hate the quality of this vehicle. There is always break dust on the front rims. We have had problems with the power steering and keeping the front end aligned. Now the check engine light is on indicating the EGR value. Seems like there is always something making noice with this vehicle. The back drink holders do not hold the drinks properly."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"The 2003 Grand Caravan is a great vehicle for our family of 6 soon to be 7. We currently have almost 50,000 miles and have had minimal trouble. The only time it was in the shop was to repair the air conditioner compressor. I've performed the routing maintenance, like oil, fluids and brakes, but that is all! The 3.3L is a little underpowered, but it does do well on the highway where we averaged 25mpg on a trip between Michigan and Florida in the winter. Overall, it's a great van for the value."

ho hum

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"perfomance (3.8) is good, handling OK,too much trouble with quality!. Rear taillight fell off, dvd player skips and has issues, power side door doesnt work right. rear cup holders are a joke. Not designed for comfort and not quality built. probably my last Dodge van (this is my 3rd)"

Excellent Buy

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"This vehicle has been great!!! Not a single problem. Owned it since new and put 40K on it and all I have done is change the oil."

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

excellent long distant travel vehicle

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I use this vehicle for traveling and camping.It is roomy and comfortale and easy to pack. I get approximately 27 mpg on distance traveling and 25 around town"

Great Van

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"This is my second Chrysler/Dodge mini van. My first was a Town and Country I traded that for a newer Grand Caravan. With the exception of a minor electrical problem which appears to have stemmed from the automatic starter we had put in the van runs great gets decent gas milage, high teens to twenties in city then highway. It's extremely comfortable even on long drives with 7 people inside. We live in a state with a good amount of snow and with the front wheel drive and ground clearance we've never had a problem with getting around town in bad weather. The rear ac rocks and is great for the kids so they aren't sweating in the back during the hot months. Overall I love my van and would definitely buy another one when we wear this one out."

First Minivan

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"We took an over 2,000 mile trip the first year we owned it. Reliable, no breakdowns. Installed remote starter; love it. Only drawback is gas mileage. Averages around 19.5 per gal. overall."

versatile vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Enough power for the city; very versatile with the various seat combinations with the "Stow and Go" option. Lousy mileage - 17 in town; front wheels always dirty from brake dust; stiff and uncomfortable front passenger seat because of the storage bin located there for movies, etc.; hate the location of the spare tire under the floor between the front seats."

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

would not buy a dodge again

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"We have had a lot of problems with this car from day one. The emergency brake fell off and damaged the rotors, and the gas tank gauge did not operate and said it was 1/4 full when it was empty - I ran out of gas twice before getting it fixed. The power doors have broken twice. And a few other problems. I am now planning on cutting my losses and trading this lemon in for a used toyota - at least I will have more faith that my next van will work."

The Ultimate Family Ride

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I have an '04 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Anniversary Edition. This thing is loaded! I've never owned anything as nice. Wonderfully practical for a family of 5. Courtesy of the dual power sliding doors on both sides and the power rear door as well. All of this is on the key with the usual! 6 Disc DVD/CD entertainment system makes those long trips most enjoyable, even comes with wireless headphones the kids can use while you enjoy the smooth, quiet ride and can carry on a conversation without interruption with your spouse. Nothing to dislike about this vehicle. Holds it value well, and gets the job done and then some. Plan on driving it until the wheels come off, if they ever do!"

Previous | 1 ... 28 29 30 31 | Next