2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 791 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

My 3rd Caravan and the 2006 is best of the 3

By on Monday, January 04, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, nice ride, cheap repairs"

Cons: "Hoped for more MPG's, but no other cons."

"I purchased the 2006 with 97,000 miles in May,2011 and have 218,000 as of today. I do most of the repairs and only in the last year have I had any "problems". I have had a caliper lock up, the rear AC evaporator needs replaced, the rear electric door locks don't work, and the rear jounce bumpers (look them up)and rear shocks needed replaced. Other than oil changes, tires, and brake pads it has been a champ. I drive 120 miles a day or more on average and wouldn't hesitate to take anywhere at a moments notice. The mileage has averaged 23 mpg over the last 5 years.I also tow a trailer with a 3500 lb load more often than I care to (at least 200 times)along vicious country roads and it pulls it with no effort. Previously had a '92 and a '03 that were totaled by others; both were just shy of 200,000 miles...nary a problem with them either. I love the roominess, it handles well for a van, great for hauling everything imaginable from the lumber store, packing in family members, loading up just about everything for a week away from home, surprisingly easy to work on and parts are usually inexpensive(most notably after hitting a deer). I love this thing and hope to have it for at least another 200,000 miles! SERIOUSLY!"

THEY SAID IT WOULD NOT LAST

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Holds 7 people, comfortable high ride"

Cons: "poor hardware e.g. knobs and cup holders break or"

"I bought the van new for under $18,000. I was advised it was unreliable and had poor trade value and should buy a Japanese car that was $5,000 more. Now, 8 years and 130,000 miles later the van still runs like a dream."

love this van, would buy another one

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable"

"Great van for a family. Only wear and tear problems. I put 160,000 miles on in 7 years of owning this van. Drove over 4000 miles on one family trip, no problems, is big enough for our family of 6 and our stuff for a one week road trip. Just used a small cloth carrier on top. Only big problem was the automatic passenger side window slipping off track."

Thank the Heavens!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Was recently in a accident which tottalled my Caravan, smashed the whole front, it was a pretty bad accident. I am writing this though to inform people that the Caravan saved me. With the airbags and engine went down towards the ground and not into my legs which I was worried about at first when I couldn't see the front of the van and my legs hurt, but that was from an airbag under the steering wheel. Anyway as the driver I felt like I was lucky, not sure if you have passangers though which is what a minivan is about and hope I never have to find that one out!!"

Best one we have ever owned

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "easy to manuever, price is good"

"We have been driving this van for 6 years, put on 155,000 miles on it, stacked 5 children in it and have no complaints. I think for accessibility for car seats, ease of travel, and dependability this is hard to beat. Nothing like a ride you can count on. Yay for the DODGE CARAVAN SPORT!!"