2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 805 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Very Reliable Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 9, 2007

"We bought this van back in 2001, just before a trip out west. Through the Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons area. Only problem was a bad thermostat near the end of the trip. This vehicle has been a stellar performer for us over the years. Reliable, comfortable and decent mpg for a vehicle this size. We got our money's worth out of it.... Over 176,000 miles and going strong..."

Very Disappointed

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle for 3 years. I bought it only 2 years old. For the price it is not worth the money. In the 3 years I have owned it, I have had to replace the breaks twice, two rust spots have surfaced on the both side doors (don't for get this car is only almost seven years old), shocks and strutts were replaced twice also and now I was told yesterday that the electrical connection to the transmission is causing my van to not be able to go pass 25 miles an hour at times. When this happens I have to pull over and turn my van off and restart it so it will reset itself. I paid over 14,000 for this car and would never buy a dodge again. I am going back to FORD."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"The 2003 Grand Caravan is a great vehicle for our family of 6 soon to be 7. We currently have almost 50,000 miles and have had minimal trouble. The only time it was in the shop was to repair the air conditioner compressor. I've performed the routing maintenance, like oil, fluids and brakes, but that is all! The 3.3L is a little underpowered, but it does do well on the highway where we averaged 25mpg on a trip between Michigan and Florida in the winter. Overall, it's a great van for the value."

This is the longest I've ever kept a car..13 yrs.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "I really got my money's worth out of this vehicle."

"I've owned a Chrysler brand mini-van ever since they came out in the 80's. They are GREAT for road trips with kids. I just LOVE the cargo carrier in the rear."

Great, solid vehicle.

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable/ dependable vehicle."

Cons: "No stow and go seats."

"I like everything about this van, except I bought it before stow and go seats were available in dodge vans. Very solid and dependable van with good gas mileage."

Dodge the Dodge at all costs!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "No A/C, runs on 4 out of 6 cylinders"

"Growing up, my parents owned a Dodge Stratus(1995): Problems with A/C. Dodge Grand Caravan (1997): Problems with A/C, Power Windows not Working. Now I have a Dodge Grand Caravan (2006) and guess what: No A/C, runs on 4 out of 6 cylinders, drivers side rear door doesn't unlock so it doesn't open, passenger side rear door does not lock so your belongings or you are never safe, and the undercarriage is rusting.... Run away!"

Best vehicle for families

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Great price, safe, comfortable"

Cons: "Needs a cover for the dashboard"

"Extremely comfortable dependable ride! We bought this van, a 2002 GC ex after our kids got too tall for our first van, a 1994 Caravan. The Grand Caravan had so much more room, headrests on every seat, comfortable adjustable seatbelts. Sill running terrific at 117400 miles, with no problems, just routine maintenance. Wish I had known about dashboard covers when I first bought this van- the immense windshield magnified the sun's heat and caused the dash cowl to crack badly (we live in the South). Great sound system (& we only had the 6 speaker system!) and the CD/stereo is still clear and plays great. Power lift gate was such a great feature, hauling kids, soccer gear, groceries, etc."

Blacked out w/ chrome 18's Awesome and dependable

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "22 mpg, decent cornering and wicked comfortable"

Cons: "Rusts in the same spot on every one I've had."

"I've now owned a '96, '99, and an '01. I took the first 2 over 225,000 miles and the only reason I'm selling this one at 172,000 miles is because I'm a little older and just bought a Chrysler Town n Country, loaded with leather, stock chrome wheels, heated power memory seats and all wheel drive. My '99 had awd and it was awesome in the snow. It didn't need snow tires, ever. I would definitely by another. I think Chrysler stopped making the awd minivans though. Too bad."

Great for a family!

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Very Reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "Rear visibility not great"

"I'm about to sell my van, but reluctantly. I bought it used four years ago, unaware it had been in an accident that caused frame damage. Even with that, it served us well. And even with axle and sway bar threatening to give way, I still love it and hate to see it go, like a member of the family. It's roomy, and all the seats are comfortable, great for long trips. The only negative is what's common with all passenger vans, that it doesn't have the best rear visibility, and you can't dart in and out of traffic as easily as with a coupe or sedan."

yuck

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, easy to drive"

Cons: "gas guzzler, constant repairs"

"This car is a piece of junk. It has needed repairs constantly. It gets pathetic gas mileage. It is however, comfortable and easy to drive. I would never buy this again."