2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 783 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Definantly Worth It...

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

"I bought this vehicle brand new in '03 and has been totally reliable throughout the 11 years I have it so far. I would recommend this car to anyone. I purchased it because I have a family of 4 and my brother's old Ford truck wasn't going to work. Now, me and my son use it as the 'Fishmobile' and keep all of our fishing supplies in there, such as fishing poles and tackle and still remains very reliable, even to have 330,000 miles on it."

Best van I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "good value for money fun to drive dependable"

Cons: "Cup holders in rear seats were a problem."

"More than enough room even when fully loaded with passengers. Stow away feature afforded us plenty of room for cargo Wife is an invalid so later on had lift installed for scooter but still had great room Great ride in snow and rain Excelent ride on dry roads Great vehicle for travel Now have a 2011 Van also and it is even better"

Easy to repair if you are a "Shade Tree" mechanic.

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, easy to repair (if you have a clue)"

Cons: "RUST issues in fender wells and rocker panels"

"I've owned Caravan's, Voyager's and a Town and Country since 1984. I have only one thing to say bad about the 2001-2007 model years... RUST! If you get one with clean rocker panels in the "salt belt" then it's a rare bird. Better undercoat it quick to keep it that way... The 1996-2000 years were much better about rust and you will likely find older ones with better body integrity then the newer, sad to say. Here's a trick that helped me get 314,098 miles out of an all wheel drive 1992 version and over 200,000 miles on 5 more up to a 2005 model; Instead of using a Fram PH-16 oil filter (or equivalent), try using a PH-8A Filter instead, has twice the filter area and keeps the oil MUCH cleaner, use FULL synthetic oil too. Happy motoring! 3.3 Liter motor is indestructible if taken care of..."

My hot car

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"I got this car as a retired rental at 25,000 miles and have run it up to 102,000. It has always been smooth and comfortable and easy to live with. The one thing that has killed my enjoyment of it is the air conditioner. When I got it the rear evaporator had to be replaced under warranty, then at 49000 the compressor seized (we talked Chrysler into giving us the part but I was out $500 for labor), then at 70,000 the front evaporator failed. I've endured two hot Kansas summers with no A/C and it hasn't been much fun."

Buy a good warranty!

By on Thursday, November 08, 2007

"2005 Grand Caravan SXT - bought it when it was 1 yr. old & had 16K miles, Now has 39K after 11 months. It's been at the dealer 3 times just for an airbag light that wouldn't go off, finally fixed. The transmission was rebuilt at 37K after slipping out of gear on the highway (not to mention the dealer had it for nearly a month waiting for parts) steering shaft problems since day 1, now it needs a rack & pinion & power steering pump ($1200) not covered by warranty. Plus an extra key will set you back $200! If you buy one, two pieces of advice, 1. Buy a GOOD warranty, you'll need it! and 2. Pay thousands below book value (like I did)! My Infiniti has over twice the miles this van has and hasn't had half the problems this van has had. And to think I bought this over an import! This one won't be around for much longer and I'll never by a Dodge again."

Extremely Comfortable, bad radiator & trans.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"Extremely Comfortable to ride and drive. we bought it used in 2010 with ~69K mi. Within 9 months, the a/c went. Then, a few months later, some electrical issues in dashboard, and rear bulbs kept burning out. Within a year after, the radiator started acting up, and finally went in 2013, needed replacement. Not too long after that, the gearshift started slowly slipping, speed sensors were blamed and replaced, fast forward to May 2014, the slippage became what I termed the intermittent "bucking bronco" and finally the Caravan refused to leave the safety of 1st gear and I was then told by the mechanic candidly:'to be honest with you sir, Caravans keep us in business.' Oh yeah, and they don't do transmissions, but the can recommend a place."

Best all around vehicle I have owned.

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cons: "city mileage"

"This is the most practical and versital vehicle I have owned. Beats any family pickup because of its ability to haul passengers or cargo and is still as comfortable as a full size sedan. It will be hard to part with."

Value overcomes issues

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Bought w/32K miles, understanding that transmission is an ongoing issue in Chrysler mini vans. Sure enough, had to replace transmission at 80,000 miles. We got such a good deal and have driven 50K miles, so I can't complain about the value. Will buy another only if power train warranty is more than the 70,000 miles they offered on the '04s."

good value for the money

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"Leased my 2006 Grand Caravan SXT new. Looked at the Sienna, but price was a concern. We drive quite a bit as both our kids are involved in sports yearround. Have 52,000 miles on it. Have performed regular maintenance on it. Replaced front brakes at 45,000 miles (not bad since this is a heavy vehicle and takes some muscle to stop). Rear brakes were about 50% worn. Will need new tires before winter hits. Handles great in snow and ice (I commute about 40 miles to work in southwest Ohio-more ice than snow). I have found the front seats to be quite comfortable, however the rear seats (stow 'n go) are rather rigid. Have taken several long trips-love all the cargo room with the bench folded down. No need for a top carrier to carry all our fishing gear and luggage! Only problem-paint peeled off the rear bumber about 10 months after we leased. Fixed under warranty, but what a hassle! Took almost 6 months to get repair approved. Plan to buy at lease end...not crazy about the 2008s."

Will never buy this car again

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Cons: "Low Quality"

"If you are looking to spend $1000-$2000 a year on repairs, then this is the right car for you. I have replaced the steering rack twice ($700 repair), the alternator, the rear A/C, some sensors, etc. A total piece of junk."