2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.5

Based on 764 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

A good vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable and the price is great"

Cons: "No rear view camera but easy to install."

"When I got this vehicle the condition was poor. I had to replace the transmission, new water pump, new gaskets for oil cover and intake manifold. After spending $4000 + this vehicle is a pleasure to drive. It is very smooth and handles well on the road. It is the ideal family vehicle with lots of storage, folding seats, and a DVD player to entertain the kids. The seats are very roomy so if you are larger than a runway model this is great. Lots of cup holders and outlets for charging phones and other electronics. Each section has its own vents for efficient cooling. You can also adjust the temperature in the front and the rear independently. It also has satellite radio."

2005 Grand Coravan XLT

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "lots of space, stow-n-go, top cargo rack"

Cons: "door locks have short."

"Just bought it in June, 2014 as a second vehicle do chaffier kids to their sports activities. That is with 126,000 miles. So far so good. Drives well, just few problems. Little bit of door rust above one rear tire. Also, passenger door lucks don't always work( I have to manfully pull/close to open/close locks). Otherwise so far so good. Kids love it, I don't have to listen to them "he/she is touching me" each other. One in second raw, second in third raw; and still plenty of room for baseball, and swimming gear."

This thing wont give me a reason to buy a Cadillac

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Durability and cost of upkeep."

Cons: "Loss of street cred driving a van as a single Dad"

"Bought in 2006. Negatives: Brakes go bad quickly and poor power steering. I am jealous of stow and go as my 2003 doesn't have them. Engine and trans are fine....never a problem. I remember thinking 3 years ago..."just last two more years" as I get out of debt. Every year I keep saying "just last 2 more years". the thing keeps running Positives: No door dents in the Camaro parked next to this in garage from kids (thank you sliding doors). I am at the point now with the attitude of "don't fix it until it breaks." I don't wanna put money into it then the engine blows. That being said, my front end is shot.....but it keeps going. Even through 7 Northern MN winters. I am at the point of thinking ,"Am I gonna give this to my 10 year old in 6 years for her car?" I will continue to drive the "Swagger Wagon" or "loser cruiser" until she sleeps."

dont buy

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

"this van is a junk. this is the second one I owned at 75000 things start going wrong power steering. then starts knocking at 100000 miles. both cars well maintained both with exactly the same problem dodge says nothing they can do."

no brainer for the family

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "great price, reliable, good on gas, great family v"

Cons: "make sure you keep you transmission serviced."

"I bought my 2005 dodge grand caravan used, with about 89,000 on it at a super buy, and a one owner to boot. I would not have bought most vehicles with this mileage, but after reading several reviews of people not wanted to give them up, I guess that is why so many have high mileage. they tend on average to go 300,000 or 400,000 miles. they are a good buy for the money used or new, compared to Honda and Toyota vans. remember they are the founding father, of what we know as the mini van."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "dependability, comfort, great everyday driver"

Cons: "no stow-n-go seating"

"I bought this vehicle used and its never given me any problem. Aside from routine maintenance it has cost me nothing. It drives like a car and has capabilities of a truck. If it wasn't old I'd keep it, but its time to replace it. I bought another grand caravan."

Stow N Go great. Sliding door & lift gate trouble

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Easiest vehicle I've ever changed oil on."

Cons: "Sliding doors and lift gate repairs first year."

"Starts and runs well. Smoothe on the road. Expensive repairs on sliding door and lift gate. Burns a quart of oil every 2000. I use Mobile One. Great DVD and stereo system. I get 18 MPG around town. 23-26 MPG hiway. Great heat and A/C. Good in the snow. Never been stuck in 6 MN winters! Overall I am pleased. Bought used with 19000 in 2008."

solid vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "great price for the reliability and usefulness"

"184000 miles on a 2005 model and engine and transmission are still running really smoothly. have had bad egr, replaced radiator and water pump, compressor went bad, and sometimes the power locks don't work, brakes don't ever last long."

This is the longest I've ever kept a car..13 yrs.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "I really got my money's worth out of this vehicle."

"I've owned a Chrysler brand mini-van ever since they came out in the 80's. They are GREAT for road trips with kids. I just LOVE the cargo carrier in the rear."

Excellent minivan

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Roomy Comfortable, Versitile, Economical"

Cons: "The speedo only goes up to 120."

Great looking car, always in style.

"I purchased this vehicle new. It is a great car. Smooth ride powerful yet very economical 3.8 L v6 Engine has great power for passing and is silky smooth and quiet at cruise. I regularly travel to the southern USA and cruise at 75 to 80 mph speeds fully loaded with ease. My SXT has 4 wheel disk brakes and the responsive handling and strong brakes saved me from a serious collision, when another car cut across the road right in front of me! I do keep the car hand washed and waxed, the original paint is 10 years old and still looks beautiful. The seats are very comfortable and the interior can perform a multitude of functions, Hauling kids, or dogs, or cargo or any combination is a snap!"

Great looking car, always in style.