2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.5

Based on 759 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

One of the best family vehicles I have ever owned!

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"I love this Van. We have used it many times on trips over 1200 miles. I don't have a DVD system but bought a $35 dollar adapter to plug our laptops into and had one for each of the back seats. Quiet rides and great to have rear air and dual climate control."

2nd one in 2 years

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"We had a 2005 SXT and loved it. Recently traded it in on a 2007 model. Haven't have the new one long enough to review, but the 2005 was a great van. Had a few problems that I had to take in and get repaired, but nothing that bad. Took a couple of 2000+ mile trips and got around 25-26 mpg. In town we average about 19. I would definately recommend another person to buy one. My only regret was not waiting for the 2008 model to come out before trading. Oh and the 2005 held it's resale very well. Very good van!!!"

Good Van

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I have owned a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan SE for 5 years now. I purchased the vehicle with 14,000 miles on it for about $17,000 and now have 165,000 miles. I recently had to have major work done on the cooling system which ran around $1500. The alum. timing cover the water pumps bolts to developed a pin hole leak. This part was only a dealer item. I realize that I had a lot to do with this problem since I never flushed the cooling system. I do change the oil on a regular basis. Also, about 1 1/2 years ago the rack and pinon had to be replaced. I went ahead and had the valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, spark plugs and wires, and brakes replaced. The vehicle seems to ride to low for me. I have hit several objects in the road that I feel I should have cleared. The vehicle does have some electrical issues. The A/C fan only works on high, the power windows sometimes stop midway, the sliding doors do not unlock by power, the passive alarm system sometimes goes off when I open the door, and the gas gauge goes to empty right after I fill up for about 50 miles. My gas mileage has dropped from around 18-20 mpg to 14-16 mpg since the introduction of 10% ethanol. I guess the main thing people have to realize is that maintiance must be performed on any vehicle in order for it to run in top shape. I have not maintained the vehicle like I should have and I put many miles on the van in short period of time."

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"we bought this van at 2years old and have had it since. it is a very reliable van, it is not the coolest looking van on the market but it is great for hauling around 4 kids and 2 dogs. now it would just pull a trailer and be 4 wheel drive we would not be trying to sell it now."

They keep getting better...

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"This is our third Caravan (we also had a Voyager) and each generation gets better. The stow-and-go is a great feature, and if this one lasts as long as our last two (250,000+ each and still going) we will be very happy! Rear entertainment system works great and keeps the kids busy. Wish we would have gotten the 3.8, but this will do for us since we don't tow with this vehicle. It may be a small thing, but I really like the controls on the cruise control (cancel works great) the older models were laid out differently, and as usual, the Chrysler design works very well by sticking to the speed it is set at up and down hills. Transmission shifts flawlessly, can't even feel it most of the time. Love the storage spaces and the many cup holders!"