2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 797 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Thank the Heavens!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Was recently in a accident which tottalled my Caravan, smashed the whole front, it was a pretty bad accident. I am writing this though to inform people that the Caravan saved me. With the airbags and engine went down towards the ground and not into my legs which I was worried about at first when I couldn't see the front of the van and my legs hurt, but that was from an airbag under the steering wheel. Anyway as the driver I felt like I was lucky, not sure if you have passangers though which is what a minivan is about and hope I never have to find that one out!!"

Best one we have ever owned

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "easy to manuever, price is good"

"We have been driving this van for 6 years, put on 155,000 miles on it, stacked 5 children in it and have no complaints. I think for accessibility for car seats, ease of travel, and dependability this is hard to beat. Nothing like a ride you can count on. Yay for the DODGE CARAVAN SPORT!!"

To many problems

By on Sunday, June 15, 2008

"Bought it brand new in May 02, at 45k had to replace power steering pump, at 71500 had to replace ac condenser and compressor, at 71750 had to replace main engine computer ( thankfully the warranty was good to 72000), at 94,000 I had to replace the rack and pinion, I have maintained this per dodge mileage recommendations, and have been very disappointed with it's reliability. Driving comfort is very good and the 3.3 liter engine has a good bit of power"

Awesome minivan

By on Friday, May 16, 2008

"We bought our 2001 EX new. It's now 5/08 and havent had any major problems with it. Been at the dealer once for ac temp adjustments, and for one recall, but that is all. Bought it for 3rd car and was only using for road trips, but now use it for everyday. Just love it!!! Hubby is 6' 4" and didnt fit in others well so we choose the dodge, best choice weve made so far buying a car."

Pretty good van!!!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2008

"We bought our 02 GrandCaravan ES AWD in Oct 01. We have put every single mile of 117,000 on it. I read up on the tranny issues (esp AWD)and bought the extended 100K warentee just for powertrain -- NEVER needed it!! I think the MAJOR difference is getting the towing pkg with the separate trans cooler. This van has been thru blizzards in CO, MN, KY, and OH. Hurricanes in AL, GA, and FL. VERY sure footed!! We put around 20K miles/yr on it -- in fact we take it everywhere: a testament to its comfort & convenience. I'm gunning for at least 200K before selling it -- most people cannot believe it's as old/many miles as it has. I can count on 1 hand the number of handwashes it has gotten in 7 yrs but uncountable trips thru the old automatic washers and paint sill looks great. It's a SHAME they dont make AWD in the new version -- in fact that is the only reason I'll be replacing it with a Sienna AWD and NOT for reliability issues others have already stated. Other than regular maintenace, the AC siezed at 99K (wore it out), new engine gaskets/seals at 110K (wore them out), and a freak exhaust weld failure that i thought blew up the engine (but only cost $85 to reweld), I love the 7500 mile oil change interval -- much to the ire of the auto care places trying to brainwash everyone into "EVERY 3000" Like someone posted previously, i definitely will try and pick up an 04 AWD if this one gets hit before 200K"