2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 791 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Best van I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "good value for money fun to drive dependable"

Cons: "Cup holders in rear seats were a problem."

"More than enough room even when fully loaded with passengers. Stow away feature afforded us plenty of room for cargo Wife is an invalid so later on had lift installed for scooter but still had great room Great ride in snow and rain Excelent ride on dry roads Great vehicle for travel Now have a 2011 Van also and it is even better"

Easy to repair if you are a "Shade Tree" mechanic.

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, easy to repair (if you have a clue)"

Cons: "RUST issues in fender wells and rocker panels"

"I've owned Caravan's, Voyager's and a Town and Country since 1984. I have only one thing to say bad about the 2001-2007 model years... RUST! If you get one with clean rocker panels in the "salt belt" then it's a rare bird. Better undercoat it quick to keep it that way... The 1996-2000 years were much better about rust and you will likely find older ones with better body integrity then the newer, sad to say. Here's a trick that helped me get 314,098 miles out of an all wheel drive 1992 version and over 200,000 miles on 5 more up to a 2005 model; Instead of using a Fram PH-16 oil filter (or equivalent), try using a PH-8A Filter instead, has twice the filter area and keeps the oil MUCH cleaner, use FULL synthetic oil too. Happy motoring! 3.3 Liter motor is indestructible if taken care of..."

Best all around vehicle I have owned.

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cons: "city mileage"

"This is the most practical and versital vehicle I have owned. Beats any family pickup because of its ability to haul passengers or cargo and is still as comfortable as a full size sedan. It will be hard to part with."

no brainer for the family

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "great price, reliable, good on gas, great family v"

Cons: "make sure you keep you transmission serviced."

"I bought my 2005 dodge grand caravan used, with about 89,000 on it at a super buy, and a one owner to boot. I would not have bought most vehicles with this mileage, but after reading several reviews of people not wanted to give them up, I guess that is why so many have high mileage. they tend on average to go 300,000 or 400,000 miles. they are a good buy for the money used or new, compared to Honda and Toyota vans. remember they are the founding father, of what we know as the mini van."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "economical, dependable, and makes a great camper!"

Cons: "replaced power window motors 3 times total."

"I'm getting ready to sell this for a newer model. 335,000 miles, and still runs like new. Never touched engine or transmission, except for normal maintenance. I kept maintenance records on this Van, and my cost to own, counting everything , including Sales tax and license plates, trailer hitch install..... and even car washes! (not counting insurance) is 21.3 cents per mile. My 4th Grand Caravan, and I'm buying a Town & Country this time."