"I looked at lots of reviews when we first bought this van, and lots of them make the van seem scary. I bought it anyway, because the price was great!
The good things about the van:
1. the price.
2. It's pretty comfortable, and has lots of seats.
3. It is pretty reliable, and when there is a problem (there will be problems) you probably won't get stranded. You have some time to get things fixed before you're stuck.
4. It made me happy to be driving a vehicle that was fully paid-for that looks and feels good.
Now for the not-so-good:
1. The transmission on any minivan is going to be a challenge, and so routine checks on the transmission will be necessary. If you keep up with it, it won't give you headaches.
2. The back seat benches do come out, but man, it isn't easy! The instruction manual is no help. I spent the better part of a day trying to figure out how to get them back in place correctly. Have someone show you how to do it, and be ready for heavy lifting! What a terrible design those seats are! After practice, though, now I'm an expert.
3. AC is a MUST. The back windows only crack a little, and so getting fresh air in the back is impossible. I see the constant use of the AC as a drawback because I like fresh air. You'll kill your children if you don't have it blasting in the back, though.
4. Even though there is a lot of space, if you have children who need car seats, the back bench is not equipped with anchors. You have to use the seatbelt, and that's just annoying.
5. The speaker system is pretty shoddy. The back is way to loud, and the speakers will just stop working in some instances.
6. The front suspension on all these vans is terrible. I had to replace the control arms, and the bushings just randomly break. It makes the front feel all wobbly and clunky. They all do it, so it's a design flaw. It isn't dangerous, just really annoying.
7. There are other maintenance things that you'll have to keep on top of. The cooling system, for example. Those lines have a tendency to develop leaks, so watch out.
With all the caveats, you'd think I'd be more down on this van. Bottom line, if you won't maintain this vehicle, it won't last long. If you do, it will be good for many years while you save up for your dream car down the road!"
out of 2 found this review helpful
Was this review helpful to you?