2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 783 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

To many problems

By on Sunday, June 15, 2008

"Bought it brand new in May 02, at 45k had to replace power steering pump, at 71500 had to replace ac condenser and compressor, at 71750 had to replace main engine computer ( thankfully the warranty was good to 72000), at 94,000 I had to replace the rack and pinion, I have maintained this per dodge mileage recommendations, and have been very disappointed with it's reliability. Driving comfort is very good and the 3.3 liter engine has a good bit of power"

Awesome minivan

By on Friday, May 16, 2008

"We bought our 2001 EX new. It's now 5/08 and havent had any major problems with it. Been at the dealer once for ac temp adjustments, and for one recall, but that is all. Bought it for 3rd car and was only using for road trips, but now use it for everyday. Just love it!!! Hubby is 6' 4" and didnt fit in others well so we choose the dodge, best choice weve made so far buying a car."

Pretty good van!!!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2008

"We bought our 02 GrandCaravan ES AWD in Oct 01. We have put every single mile of 117,000 on it. I read up on the tranny issues (esp AWD)and bought the extended 100K warentee just for powertrain -- NEVER needed it!! I think the MAJOR difference is getting the towing pkg with the separate trans cooler. This van has been thru blizzards in CO, MN, KY, and OH. Hurricanes in AL, GA, and FL. VERY sure footed!! We put around 20K miles/yr on it -- in fact we take it everywhere: a testament to its comfort & convenience. I'm gunning for at least 200K before selling it -- most people cannot believe it's as old/many miles as it has. I can count on 1 hand the number of handwashes it has gotten in 7 yrs but uncountable trips thru the old automatic washers and paint sill looks great. It's a SHAME they dont make AWD in the new version -- in fact that is the only reason I'll be replacing it with a Sienna AWD and NOT for reliability issues others have already stated. Other than regular maintenace, the AC siezed at 99K (wore it out), new engine gaskets/seals at 110K (wore them out), and a freak exhaust weld failure that i thought blew up the engine (but only cost $85 to reweld), I love the 7500 mile oil change interval -- much to the ire of the auto care places trying to brainwash everyone into "EVERY 3000" Like someone posted previously, i definitely will try and pick up an 04 AWD if this one gets hit before 200K"

LOVE this van!!!!

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"I bought my 2005 Dodge used almost 2 years ago at 20K miles. It now has 60K miles and is in the shop as I am typing, but only for regular stuff - tires, brakes & timing belt. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this van. We have taken it on many trips - from NC to FL, NC to NY, NC to CA.... We are going back to FL in 6 weeks and I have no doubts this car will take us there and back safely. We DO NOT pack light on our trips, but this car always has plenty of room for luggage and our two dogs. This is by far the best car to take on long trips. The seats are very soft unlike the hard seats they are putting in cars today - whats up with that? It can hold a whole sheet of plywood with the seats folded down. And with the seats out, it can hold a riding mower!!! : )"

Very Reliable Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 09, 2007

"We bought this van back in 2001, just before a trip out west. Through the Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons area. Only problem was a bad thermostat near the end of the trip. This vehicle has been a stellar performer for us over the years. Reliable, comfortable and decent mpg for a vehicle this size. We got our money's worth out of it.... Over 176,000 miles and going strong..."

Very Disappointed

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle for 3 years. I bought it only 2 years old. For the price it is not worth the money. In the 3 years I have owned it, I have had to replace the breaks twice, two rust spots have surfaced on the both side doors (don't for get this car is only almost seven years old), shocks and strutts were replaced twice also and now I was told yesterday that the electrical connection to the transmission is causing my van to not be able to go pass 25 miles an hour at times. When this happens I have to pull over and turn my van off and restart it so it will reset itself. I paid over 14,000 for this car and would never buy a dodge again. I am going back to FORD."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"The 2003 Grand Caravan is a great vehicle for our family of 6 soon to be 7. We currently have almost 50,000 miles and have had minimal trouble. The only time it was in the shop was to repair the air conditioner compressor. I've performed the routing maintenance, like oil, fluids and brakes, but that is all! The 3.3L is a little underpowered, but it does do well on the highway where we averaged 25mpg on a trip between Michigan and Florida in the winter. Overall, it's a great van for the value."

This is the longest I've ever kept a car..13 yrs.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "I really got my money's worth out of this vehicle."

"I've owned a Chrysler brand mini-van ever since they came out in the 80's. They are GREAT for road trips with kids. I just LOVE the cargo carrier in the rear."

Great, solid vehicle.

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable/ dependable vehicle."

Cons: "No stow and go seats."

"I like everything about this van, except I bought it before stow and go seats were available in dodge vans. Very solid and dependable van with good gas mileage."

Dodge the Dodge at all costs!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "No A/C, runs on 4 out of 6 cylinders"

"Growing up, my parents owned a Dodge Stratus(1995): Problems with A/C. Dodge Grand Caravan (1997): Problems with A/C, Power Windows not Working. Now I have a Dodge Grand Caravan (2006) and guess what: No A/C, runs on 4 out of 6 cylinders, drivers side rear door doesn't unlock so it doesn't open, passenger side rear door does not lock so your belongings or you are never safe, and the undercarriage is rusting.... Run away!"