2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 767 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Excellent reliable van - same mechanic for years

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Great price and reliable"

"After driving cars for many years and suffering with lower back pain; it was so refreshing to drive this van. My back did not hurt so much. I did not get shaken up when I drove in ruts on the road. This van has lasted much longer than folks told me it would and still drives 80 miles/hr on highways. It served my family and friends, who borrowed it for long distance vacations, well !"

nice

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I want this car

"good shape"

great minivan

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive great sound system."

"This is my second Grand Caravan. The first one was an early model, all kinds of problems. This one is a Sport model. 4 captain style seats and a 3rd row bench. Got it from a friend so I knew it ran good and was well maintained. It now has close to 190,000 miles and it runs great and the seat is the most comfortable I ever had on any vehicle. Plenty of power, does 90 mph with no problem. no leaks, never needs oil added between changes. Replaced the radiator, starter and new 800 cca battery, more reserve power than I'll ever need. At 2K, it was a steal. I absolutely love my van. The guy I got it from offered me $500 cash Plus a same year Honda accord ex to buy it back. I turned it down."

Good car, excellent value

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Tough, reliable car if well cared for"

Cons: "Comfort is a bit harsh, not plush"

"Traded in a 2003 Grand Caravan for the 2005 after a year and half (9K miles) because of the Stow-n-go feature. Got tired of seats in the house. Disappointed in the $$ given for the trade, but my thinking is that I'll keep the 2005 for 20+ years and beat them at their own game. Have serviced the car at the prescribed intervals, and it performs as new. Beware cars that have not been serviced regularly, as the engines have a bad rap. Talked with my service advisor when it went in for its first service, and was told that the ones with engine problems have not been serviced regularly. I have 64K miles on this one and expect that it will reach 300K with no problem with proper service. The only problems encountered since I bought it: both front power seats were replaced, the driver's window motor failed, and the left rear window motor also failed. I'm expecting the CV joints to need replacing sometime in the near future, which will be an expense, but overall this car meets all my requiremments (hauling people and also building materials) and has been an excellent, reliable transportation vehicle."

great for long trips with or without the family.

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "price, durability of interior, ease and comfort dr"

Cons: "body rust, front end"

"Vehicle drives nice and can go a long way for a family. Rust in the body and undercarriage is a issue. DVD and stereo is suffecient for long trips and when I arrive my back and hips do not hurt. Plenty of room in the rear and can throw a "Hurricane Bag" on the roof for even more storage. Carried up to 3 (yes three) Kayaks on the roof dozens of times for hundreds of miles and no issues ever!"