2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 371 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Best Value in its class

By on Friday, July 4, 2014

Pros: "Lots of Room, Runs & Looks great, Relaible,"

Cons: "None."

"Great car.Even after 17 years and 165,000 mile, it still runs and looks great> It is still serving us so well and engine is so quiet. we like Grand Caravan so much that we bought 2014 Grand Caravan as well. It is best value for the money in its class."

goog car

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "spacious,carry big items almost like a truck"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"One of the best vehicles I have ever owned"

1998 SE with 159,000 miles

By on Sunday, July 1, 2012

"My Dad and I bought this van while I was living with, and caring for him. He needed something to put his electric scooter in. He had a power lift put in the back which drew power from the car's battery. We got it used in 2004 for about $8000. He has passed away and now the vehicle is mine. I have used it to transport youth groups, the disabled women I work with and my adult children and their babies. The only problem I ever had with this car was the radiator and that cost me all of $300 to repair. Never had a problem at all with the transmission or engine. I was surprised as I was not very excited about American made vehicles. I am now passing the car on to one of my daughters and her husband so they can save money until they can another one. I, myself will be getting another used one as well. It has given me good service for many years and I am very pleased with it."

Dependable

By on Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Bought this van new in June 1999 and it has been nothing but dependable. The most we have done for repairs have been with the suspension. The only complaint we have with the van, especially as it ages (although it has been aging well!), is that with the 3.3L engine, it doesn't seem to have enough "oomph" sometimes. Overall, we love it and it has been worth every penny we paid. Even with 161,000 miles, it is still going strong and with the exception of a few rust spots starting, it looks nice, too. The interior has held up especially well...and it had a work-out hauling three kids, friends, teammates, etc. over the years. All of the original equipment - AC, power windows, power seats, etc. still works as well as the day we bought it."

By on Sunday, June 20, 2010

"We bought this car new in 1999. 275,000 miles later we are still driving it. We have had to do few repairs: water pump, alternator and vacuum booster on the power brakes. We will have to fix the air conditioner this summer but that is it. We have used Mobil 1 for motor oil from the begining and changed the transmission fluid as prescribed. Don't know if it helped but it could have. Acquisition costs are down to 7 cents a mile! No complaints."