1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.5

Based on 344 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

goog car

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "spacious,carry big items almost like a truck"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"One of the best vehicles I have ever owned"

trouble early but good since

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "exterior styling reliabity"

Cons: "no stow n go. brakes"

"Bought this 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport new in Dec. 1999! had to take it back for a minor issue. Then several more minor issues(all covered under warranty) was frustrating!BUT I must say it has been a good van. Decent gas mileage (mine registers 19.6 overall. Brakes seem to go out more quickly than most vehicles. BUT again I must say this van has never left me at the side of the road. I like the styling better than any other out there today. I do yearn for stow n go...but after reading reviews of different models and model years I may just keep my dependable van, til I am proven wrong."

Comfortable, easy to drive, reliable,

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, easy to drive, reliable, liked it."

Cons: "In-town gas mileage poor, same as 2010 van"

"First van. Inherited it from parents in 2004. Comfortable, wonderful leather and quad seats, easy to drive, reliable, routine maintenance only. Kids loved it. Sorry we replaced it with 2010 Town and Country Touring. Doesn't compare in comfort. Already more repairs than this 2000 Grand Caravan"

10 years and still going strong!

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, affordable"

Cons: "american-made car stigma, doesn't apply here"

"Great full-featured family car with almost no maintenance issues in the 10 years (and counting) that we've owned this vehicle. I've read horror stories about American made mini vans and this one clearly isn't the norm. In addition to its reliability, our grand caravan is beyond comfortable and roomy. Even though it has significantly lower fuel economy than our four-door sedan, we almost exclusively take it on long road trips in lieu of the sedan because it is so much more comfortable. When we sell it in a few years, we will most likely buy another Dodge mini van. Great car!"

Worst van ive ever owned

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Roomy,comfortable,nice for big family"

Cons: "inferior qauility parts used.repairs nonstop"

"I bought this van 2 years ago for $2900 with a little over 143000 Engine was very strong no complaints there..its everything else that is poorly built.Air conditioner quit within a month of purchase along with electric rear windows,rear heat went out as Dodge uses a steel line from the front to rear heater core and it had rusted through so left us stranded.For first inspection I ended up replacing Exhaust system,rear shocks rear wheel cylinders,numerous front end suspension parts,both front Axels,Oxygen sensor,for a grand total of close to $2000..Ok figured was all done with problems..next the transmission went leaving family stranded again..another $1200 for a used tranny.Next inspection needed new tires all new brakes..tune up,Egr valve new igniction switch as it went out as we were getting ready to leave for inspection station lucky we got it started.rotors brake parts for rear brakes,horn switch .Also Cd player spits out cds never worked.Cruise control quit working shortly after purchase as well.I will never buy anything american made again.Last inspection $1750..now it runs excellent engine is wonderful.Do I keep or get out now after the $$ put into it."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25