1996 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 364 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Solid Machine

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"This is our second Caravan and I'm looking forward to owning a third. It's super reliable, economical, comfortable, versatile and a joy to drive or ride in. We've used it on long road-trips and it's perfect for that as well. I'd recommend it to anyone. Pull out the back seats and you have a covered pickup truck or a camper. Buy one if you get the chance! Our current one has over 275,000 miles and it's still going strong."

Comfortable workhorse

By on Monday, September 17, 2007

"I have loved this car for the 7 seven years I have owned it. It is like an old friend - low maintenance and dependable. Only recently has it started costing a few bucks to repair as it now has 136,000 miles on it. Engine shows no signs of wear or of giving up any time soon and it runs smoothly and quietly. We have traveled extensively in this vehicle, most recently on college tours driving over 3,000 miles in a month - all of them comfortable and worry-free. Had replaced both the condenser and the compressor in the AC unit and recently had a leak in that system fixed for short money. But other than that it has been routine maintenance. Wish I still needed a minivan, but I'm reluctantly trading into a hybrid for the mileage. It has still been cheaper to run this car at 18.4 MPG (onboard computer not reset in several months) with it's cheap insurance and no car payments, than to buy a new car. I'm still struggling with trading it in and might just keep it for an extra vehicle - it's been that much fun and that reliable."

The best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Longevity of life with regular oil changes."

Cons: "Cup holders in front of A/C and heat controls"

"I bought this van brand new. My first new car ever. It has been a great car with VERY LITTLE mechanical issues. I have only had 1 major repair and that was while it was under warrantee. I got between 20-24MPG, but the comfort and space was worth it. I am would definitely buy a new van with the same features."

van happy

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I have had my van since nov 98 and have not had any problems with it. The gas mileage has always held wonderful. My van currently has over 120k miles and is still running excellent. The only thing that I could complain is on long trips the front seats are not the most comfortable. I did not have power seats and that may make a difference. My van has been worth it."

Amazing Longevity!

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great reliability, parts easy to get"

Cons: "boring, some body rust, weak A/C"

"I bought my Grand Caravan while on a trip to southwestern Minnesota. The thing had 220,000 miles on it, but I took a chance anyway for $800. I've now had it more than three years and it's still running. It has not needed any major repairs, maybe just brakes once. I also use it for my painting and outdoor services business, and it often tows a trailer. I really, really did not expect it to last this long."