1996 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 360 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Great Rig!! LOVE THIS VAN!

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, Spacious, Comfortable, Easy parts access"

Cons: "transmission"

"I have the grand caravan with the 3.8, First off the power this thing puts out is impressive. the acceleration by far is better then any other mini i have driving, and it even handles well when you put the pedal down. The torque is pretty impressive as well. i pull a 4x8 utility trailer with about 1100 pounds of garbage in it, with no problem at all. As i don't have any children yet i rarely have the back seats in my van, this makes for a compact cargo van with the comforts of driving a sedan. Besides the known transmission problems, there is nothing about this van i would change. I hope this might have helped for anyone debating purchasing one of these butes."

It's been a great car for out family

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "Lots of room"

Cons: "Rear lift gate latch is still flakey"

"I wasn't sold on a minivan, but my wife was correct, it has been a great vehicle for us. I really like that our current caravan (we're on our third!) has the Sport suspension option."

Poor service

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

"Great van for 14 years. It was great while it ran. Currently at a dealership service dept. for 90 plus days with PCM problem and confusing diagnosis and service. I will never purchase a Chrysler product again."

Very good value, still running like a dream

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "great value, dependable overall, drives nicely"

Cons: "Poor reliability (typical American car)"

"We bought this car new in April 2000, and although its reliability was as is typical of Dodge and other American cars [e.g. needed minor transmission work a few times during its life, needed a new transmission at about 7 years (56k miles), needed more frequent brake pad replacement than normal (front), etc.], its overall value was unsurpassed. We paid about 21k for it, and when it was about 5 years old it started to cost (maintenance and repairs) about $100 monthly overall. When it got a few years older it started to average about $150, and that's about where it has remained thru today. This average cost includes the rebuilding of the transmission, brake jobs once every 1.5 - 2 years, oil changes, tire replacements, everything. So we got a great value, and the car runs nicer than many new cars today, smooth, supple, quiet, responsive, etc."

The best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Longevity of life with regular oil changes."

Cons: "Cup holders in front of A/C and heat controls"

"I bought this van brand new. My first new car ever. It has been a great car with VERY LITTLE mechanical issues. I have only had 1 major repair and that was while it was under warrantee. I got between 20-24MPG, but the comfort and space was worth it. I am would definitely buy a new van with the same features."