1996 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 361 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Wonderful long lasting used vehicle!

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "easy access for ids"

Cons: "transmission is shifty"

"I purchased this car in early 2009 so it was already 10 years old when I bought it. We were going on a trip across the state and the vehicle performed nicely. I think It did good going in the mountains too. About 2 years into owning it the transmission became shifty. Now 4 years after that it is still running without the transmission being replaced so I can't really complain. Twice it did something where you had to shut the car off and restart it and it seemed to fix the problem where it would lock in 2nd gear. I only had to replace the exhaust this year during our state inspection which is not too bad for an older vehicle. I actually miss driving it daily. My husband now drives this and I have an Envoy. This car was much easier to get the kids in and out of than my envoy. When my Caravan dies, I will probably buy another one."

Great Rig!! LOVE THIS VAN!

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, Spacious, Comfortable, Easy parts access"

Cons: "transmission"

"I have the grand caravan with the 3.8, First off the power this thing puts out is impressive. the acceleration by far is better then any other mini i have driving, and it even handles well when you put the pedal down. The torque is pretty impressive as well. i pull a 4x8 utility trailer with about 1100 pounds of garbage in it, with no problem at all. As i don't have any children yet i rarely have the back seats in my van, this makes for a compact cargo van with the comforts of driving a sedan. Besides the known transmission problems, there is nothing about this van i would change. I hope this might have helped for anyone debating purchasing one of these butes."

It's been a great car for out family

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "Lots of room"

Cons: "Rear lift gate latch is still flakey"

"I wasn't sold on a minivan, but my wife was correct, it has been a great vehicle for us. I really like that our current caravan (we're on our third!) has the Sport suspension option."

Poor service

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

"Great van for 14 years. It was great while it ran. Currently at a dealership service dept. for 90 plus days with PCM problem and confusing diagnosis and service. I will never purchase a Chrysler product again."

Very good value, still running like a dream

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "great value, dependable overall, drives nicely"

Cons: "Poor reliability (typical American car)"

"We bought this car new in April 2000, and although its reliability was as is typical of Dodge and other American cars [e.g. needed minor transmission work a few times during its life, needed a new transmission at about 7 years (56k miles), needed more frequent brake pad replacement than normal (front), etc.], its overall value was unsurpassed. We paid about 21k for it, and when it was about 5 years old it started to cost (maintenance and repairs) about $100 monthly overall. When it got a few years older it started to average about $150, and that's about where it has remained thru today. This average cost includes the rebuilding of the transmission, brake jobs once every 1.5 - 2 years, oil changes, tire replacements, everything. So we got a great value, and the car runs nicer than many new cars today, smooth, supple, quiet, responsive, etc."

The best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Longevity of life with regular oil changes."

Cons: "Cup holders in front of A/C and heat controls"

"I bought this van brand new. My first new car ever. It has been a great car with VERY LITTLE mechanical issues. I have only had 1 major repair and that was while it was under warrantee. I got between 20-24MPG, but the comfort and space was worth it. I am would definitely buy a new van with the same features."

My Nascar Caravan

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "performance, reliable, Comfort, longjevity"

Cons: "Rust"

"I have had this van for about 8 years now, It is the best car I have ever owned. I have about 200,000 and it still runs brand new although when I start it sometimes, it sounds like its tired, the valves sound a little week, but I would have no problem driving this van anywhere, I call it my gift from GOD, it has never let me down although, when it rains and I hit a puddle of water just right, the belt will pop off for some reason. I must not have the cover on the bottom off. In the 8 years I've had this, I think I've just had to replace the altenator and the belt and that was it. I drive this van really hard to, I like zipping around corners and driving fast, I accelerate pretty fast and like to do about 70 on the highway and she drives just perfectly. I love this van but my wife is on me about replacing it. It has lots of rust in the corner panels, and she says it dated. I have the 3.8 ES model so I don't know if that the only one were reporting on in these reviews, but even if I get another mini van, I'm still going to keep this baby, I might just do the body work and paint it blue. Were thinking about a 2006 Odyssey, nice looking and 240 hp, I just like performance and how the touring Van looks. I havn't did my research on the 2000's dodge Caravans, I like the body style of the Honda's, and they are made in America, it mainly performance and the way it looks, If I can find a nice Dodge for around 10,000, I will defently buy one but it has to have the 4 liter in it."

I would recommend Dodge Mini-Vans

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Greta all around family car"

"This car has given me nothing but the best service with normal maintenance."

Great Family Vehicle!

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

"This van has a lot of room! Great for traveling, shopping, moving and great with kids.This van is fun,comfortable and reliable for just every day."

great c ar for large family, camping &transporting

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "priced to sell easy drive full roof rack air dual"

Cons: "no gps"

"this car was bought new, has had only one owner, has been well maintained, has good tires and for the age of the car has low mileage. It has been a highly dependable car for travel and around town driving."