2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Cargo

6.9

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

These vans EAT BRAKES! Comfortable enough

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable ride, nice interior amenities"

Cons: "Premature brake wear, suspension noises"

"Over the past couple years we have purchased 7 Grand Caravans (2011-2014 models) for our elder transportation business. We also have bought a few Toyota Siennas. The Grand Caravans are adequate; they're comfortable, smooth driving for the most part, and user friendly. CON: We have been VERY DISAPPOINTED in the brake quality on these vans. I used to work for a Dodge dealer as a tech in the 90s, and we had consistent problems with Caravan brakes. Well, it seems nothing has changed in that department; in fact, I think they're worse now! We're seeing stuck calipers (leading to brake pad and rotor destruction) at 20K- 25K miles intervals on several of the vans. And, we're talking front AND rear brakes! And no, they don't salt the roads in our community and we don't drive them hard. Our local shop says they're seeing this all the time on late model GCs. I wrote to Chrysler and got the usual "We're sorry for your inconvenience but brakes are a wear item, blah, blah, blah. We won't be offering any assistance. End of story." Meanwhile, our Siennas go at least 50K miles (often 70K) before they need brakes. So, long story short, if you can do your own brake jobs (not a hard job for most home mechanics) or you can live with paying a shop $300 - $400 every 25K miles to do the job, then the Grand Caravan is not a bad ride."

best vehicle we have ever owned. Won't by anything

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "easiest vehicle ever to drive,"

Cons: "gas mileage is soso"

"We have owned the Dodge Grand Caravan since 2005. Not only is it roomy to travel in with 2 big dogs and a cat, the ride is very comfortable. My husband falls asleep all the time because it is that comfortable. The Grand Caravan is the easiest vehicle I have ever driven. I would recommend the Dodge Grand Caravan in a heart beat."

Servers.....

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Great Value, Very Comfortable"

Cons: "Spare tire hard to get to."

"Servers the purpose it was designed for very, very well. I've had this vehicle for 5 years and have had zero work done on it other than the routine maintenance. Tires and Battery has been replaced and tires of course. Visibility it excellent and very comfortable on the highway and in the city. With the seats down, you can haul just about anything you can haul in a pickup. Also have pulled a very small trailer without any extra effort. While this is an old design, it continues to fulfill expectations."

front seats more comfortable than Odyssey/Sienna

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Cons: "car starts making lots of noises around 75,000"

"I've been driving Caravans since 1984, starting with 4-speed manual trans on floor (that's right). I take them into deep snow with 4 snow tires to top of VT, great cars; stow'n go seats are very good, drop the middle seats and kids sleep on the floor, plenty of leg room. Have had good luck with my vehicles despite complaints by others. Could be because I take good care of them and don't beat them. Front seats are designed to cup your body like a baseball glove vs. arched lower-back seats in Odyssey and Sienna. For long drives this makes a huge difference. No, I don't work for Dodge or Fiat, just a loyal customer going back to 1970's slant six engines in Dodge vans and Darts"

Drives nice

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "inside only has 1 small (tiny) hole in drver's sea"

Cons: "CV joints clicking barely, right rotor not the bes"

"Needs CV Joints they're clicking real quietly right now. Back passenger tail-light still works at least, but the light cover is glued, but at least still works. Small (tiny) dent on the right of the rear light.....I mean tiny."

Comfortable, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "about 18 to 19 mpg in everyday driving"

Cons: "no heat vent to warm up feet area"

"Only bought it to carry my handicapped dad around, but do really like it. Comfortable, drives good and has been very dependable with no mechanical problems."

Excellent minivan

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great combination of sports car and dump truck"

Cons: "Poor cruise control speed maintenance on hills"

"Not eye catching; blends in with the crowd. Excellent acceleration, braking and handling. Cruise control loses 5 mph on highway hills (most annoying feature of vehicle). Interior is spacious, comfortable and well laid out. Lots of space for cargo and passengers. I'll keep this until one of us dies (me or the van)."

Love my van. Alas! Someone rear ended me!

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"Drives great! The only negative I have is we had to add blue tooth. It was not stock."

cheap but adequate...mostly

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

Pros: "Good mileage, good acceleration, good traveling ca"

Cons: "brakes, supsension noise, flaky tranmisson."

"Had to replace brake rotors.....suspension noise in rear cannot be found nor solved. Car drives ok, good mileage..but seems cheap...lousy resale. Previously had a 98 Gr Caravan. Great vehicle. Bought an 05 and hated it...traded it with 2000 miles...for a 2008...had transmission issues, lousy rear suspension. Traded that for the 2011...transmission is flaky. Most likely will NOT buy another. EXCEPT--they are (minivans) the most sensible vehicle on the market and can't find an equal for the price. A true conundrum.."

Adequate Transport

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "cheap, convenient stow and go seats"

Cons: "it's just a mini van"

"Adequate transportation for a family of six and their stuff. Our SXT has some convenient features but lacks a lot of little things that would make it a really nice vehicle. You get what you pay for. Unfortunately they don't hold their value very well so unless you pay cash or put a LOT down you'll be upside down in your loan really fast."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Grand Caravan Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals