2014 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,758 - $31,674.

10/7.0

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Most SUV for the money. By far.

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG, Looks, Room, Handling"

Cons: "Finish of the cloth interior could be better."

"This SUV is way less expensive than most others out there. It looks awesome, has plenty of power in the V6, and is actually fun to drive. It corners well for an SUV. The next closest SUV I was looking at was about $10,000 more, and after comparing this to the others, there is no way they are $10,000 better. This is a great vehicle and for the size of the interior you can expect to spend a lot more for something else."

Should be on your short list

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Features, safety, flexability, looks, towing, AWD"

Cons: "Gas mileage; averaging 14/20"

"When I compared to other mide to large sized SUVs the Durgano had the best looks, quality and value for the money. Owned for 2 months and no problems. With positive Consumer Report ratings with regards to reliability I do not anticipate problems. There are so many things to like about the vehicle: easy to use Bluetooh, back up camera, heated seats, AWD, easy to use nav system in a great looking vehicle. Priced very competively. Slightly downgraded comfort as it does transmit bumps slightly more then standard model. In my opinion this is more then offset by the improved handling and road feel. It is fun to drive."

I love it...

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Wish I knew it came in Mango tango...I would have picked that color. Have 3rd row seating...wish headrest would not be on the third row...blocks some of rear view. And mine has black interior..some floor mats would have been nice."

HEMI POWER! R/T Great BUY!

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "R/T Trim interior, HEMI engine, Comfort, roomy!"

Cons: "5 speed tranny? Still good..."

"I have had the R/T for about 2-3 months, and this thing just loves to get abused. It asks for more and gives more. Amazing comfortable ride and interior is first class! Car has a nice sporty look, but the wife thinks it is cute as well, so you can't go wrong either way! Dodge nailed it on the head with this car. Only complaint is that it should have a higher gear transmission, for possible gas savings? But still, gears feel right in car and not too spaced out."

Great choice for performance Suv

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Power, technology, Great looks and well designed"

Cons: "None yet"

"I researched for 2 months the best bang for my buck around a well built suv that offers both Performance, technology and value. The 2014 Durango RT is awesome and delivers a tremendous performance for the dollar. High tech, quality feel and great looks are all blended into this Suv. I bought this for my wife but get behind the wheel often. No regrets. So far we LOVE our new Durango!"

Blown away!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "value, solid chassis, luxury"

Cons: "low tech stereo graphics, no mid row capt chairs"

"I've never been a Dodge fan, but when we started shopping for a mid size suv/crossover it ended up on the short list quickly. We were just coming out of a minivan and wanted something with a bit of style. We were able to pickup a loaded Citadel for about the same money as a mid level Explorer or GM SUV. The only other vehicle that we seriously considered was the CX9. We went for the Citadel because it had a few extra options and was a fresher design. I don't regret it for a minute. It is constantly getting stares from people and my wife says she is often complemented by both men and woman. It rides amazingly quite and handles like a sports sedan. Two minor gripes, it needs the newer radio and display from the Journey and Charger. The current radio/nav works well, but looks low tech and cheesy compared to the rest of the truck. The other, and this is now an option in the 12's, is I wish we had captains chairs like the Lamda's. It is a pain in the neck, even with child boosters, if you have a car seat."

Best SUV in class

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Of SUVs the most fun. Not as boring as a Highlande"

Cons: "Not thrilled with the dark fake wood(?)."

"Only V8 in class. Only rear wheel drive in class making it a better 4 wheel drive. Bells and whistles on the Citadel great. Towing capablility exceptional for class. Excellent turning radius, again, best in class. Styling is subjective but in our opinion,best in class and prefer it over the BMW X5. Do I love it? No. I hate driving SUVs but my wife wanted a 4WD SUV. If you want an SUV then get this one."

One of the best on the road.

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Cons: "I really can't say anything bad about this SUV."

"I am surprised at the gas mileage as we get 24-26mpg on the hiway, it drops in the city but overall we get 22mpg most of the time with a combination of city and hiway. It handles amazingly well for a bigger SUV. My granddaughters love the 3rd seat. I really can't complain about the Durago as we have 14,00 miles on it, with only one minor problem with the seat. We can go through the snow like crazy(we had this last year). It really handled great on the snow, better than anything else I have driven."

Dodge Durango Citadel is the best SUV in all areas

By on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pros: "You have to drive one to know that this is truly the best of the best"

"I tested Explorer, Highlander, Piliot, Arcadia, Traverse. None came close if your looking for a 5-7 passenger SUV - Inovation - style - Power (The V-8 Hemi turns to a powerful 4 cylinder when cruising and wil get 25 mpg) - Value - Comfort A Hybrid gets good gas mileage but is heavy and what happens to the battery when it dies? A Diesel is better for the environment than any Hybrid but it's a shame the clean Diesel SuV are so costly or would have preferred to buy. I am extremely happy and proud of my Durango that shows America can make great vehicles!!! Toyota or Honda had none of the high tech options the Citadel has."

CITADEL, AWD, HEMI, 7 seats, need I say more...

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "HEMI POWER, Adaptive Cruise Control. Awesome truck"

Cons: "Oil Change not set interval it asks for oil change"

No words needed.

"I bought my fully loaded 2012 Citadel new for a steal and set out on a long road trip, after 102 hours behind the wheel and over 6000 miles, I can say I have tried all things possible: below freezing temps, snow, sand, mud, and rain and endurance 2100 miles stopping only to fuel it and the family. Comfort is beyond, my 6 month pregnant wife, 4 and 6 year olds all liked the heated seats and tri-zone climate control just to name a few things. I love the traffic and weather live updates. Also auto everything, headlights (to include high beam off and on), wipers, blind spot, forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control all I have to do is steer. Minus is the oil change interval is determined by the truck, by speed, time idling, and time in general, not by milage. Oil change average 30-ish dollars, not bad."

No words needed.