2014 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,395 - $32,386.

10/7.0

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Chrysler's best effort to date!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Good quality build. AWD for me a must."

Cons: "Service cost for petty items after 12 months."

"They're almost there. American auto makers still haven't figured out what they have to do with service. That's one of the reasons they never catch foreign car makers. Things like loaner cars and no hassle servicing. I have owned my Dodge Durango Citadel for 14 months and think it's the best Chrysler I've owned to date. Last month both of my fog light bulbs went out and found out they are not covered under the "bumper to bumper" warranty. The service associate told me in short terms, "nope, bulbs aren't covered after 12months/12,000 miles." Cost to replace both lamps, $90. for parts and min. hour labor.I went to O'Reilly's and replaced them myself for $62. You wouldn't think a 14 month old car would need lamps yet? At 45K for a Dodge I may go a little more and look at BMW next time around."

Once loyal Toyota owner, trades both in for TWO!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Ex. ride, handling, int. quality, looks & towing!"

Cons: "resale, Durango name & association with it"

"As a sales rep. and auto enthusiast, I drive and have owned many cars, this by far is the most under appreciated design on the market for the money! I was buying new Toyotas every year or 2, I traded my '11 Tundra Crew for my work Durango, 13' SXT Rallye AWD, love the handling, the interior design and quality, loved it so much, I traded my wife's '10 Venza Limited for a '13 Durango R/T AWD with every option, inc. the Adaptive cruise control (MB tech.) this is must have option. The car my wife had prior was a '06 MB R350 4Matic, this design and quality (also ML, GL class) are very much related, the dash, all the electronics, elec. key and keyless go, seats, layout inside and the 5 spd transmission on my SXT/main platform are all Mercedes tech. and borrowed parts, the trans, is borrowed directly from MB (not sure on the 6-spd in R/T, but great). The Toyotas would be more reliable, but nothing to complain about with the Dodge's so far, I have 38000+ on mine and 8000 on the wife's R/T. We still respect Toyota for what they build, but they had no vehicle in this tow class, we have a large boat and tow an enclosed trailer. The ride on the Durango is as good or better than the MB R Class, it's smoother. The R-Class had the air ride suspension, we traded it for a Toyota, after 2 trips to the dealer for the air ride pump, under warranty, but no local dealers. Dodge has a great vehicle here, hopefully the new ownership, Fiat, respect that and don't kill this heavily Daimler/MB influenced quality design they inherited with the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge-Ram buyout! Only issue is they should have changed the name, Durango to me, before, meant truck based unreliable SUV, I think it might hurt the resale due to that, though this Durango shares nothing with that uglier/aged design, luckily!"

Love this SUV

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, dependability, adrenalin rush!"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"This thing has power. We pull our 29ft (5,000lb) camper behind it and the 5.7 Hemi has no problem towing it. Ours has the tow package so it is equipped with a transmission cooler and I wouldn't tow anything that big without that feature. I never thought that I'd really care for a backup camera, until I started hooking up my camper or my flatbed trailer. With the camera, I can do it without getting out of the vehicle 20 times or needing a helper. We just took this on a family trip (about 1,200 miles). The fuel economy isn't great (avg. 18-20mpg) on a long trip, but hey, this thing's got a Hemi, what do you expect. 360HP, AWD. We've had our worst snow in 20 years here and I never worry about which vehicle to take out. This one can do it all and when you pull up beside someone at a stoplight, the dual exhaust sounds great. They think twice about "seeing what you've got under the hood". When you push it to the floor, you feel it. I've always been a "Ford" man (still am), until I bought this machine, now I've come around to the great things Dodge has done."

Great choice for performance Suv

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Power, technology, Great looks and well designed"

Cons: "None yet"

"I researched for 2 months the best bang for my buck around a well built suv that offers both Performance, technology and value. The 2014 Durango RT is awesome and delivers a tremendous performance for the dollar. High tech, quality feel and great looks are all blended into this Suv. I bought this for my wife but get behind the wheel often. No regrets. So far we LOVE our new Durango!"

Great suv

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "everhthing is great minus small issue"

Cons: "had issues with sun sensor"

"This is my fourth Durango, first new one, I loved my older ones all were 1998's. This one has great ride more featers than my Escalade had, love not having to pay additional for the phone with the bluetooth, love the floor shift and being able to down gear in bad weather. Lots of room more than I need but its great. These are great in the bad weather due to their weight."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25