2014 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,131 - $32,124.

10/7.0

Based on 97 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

only positive things to say about the 2014 Durango

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Big vehicle. Decent fuel economy 21mpg average"

Cons: "some body parts don't stay in place"

"love it"

Been a great SUV. Power of a truck and functional

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "Fits 7 comfortably. Great in Utah winters."

Cons: "Not much cargo space with seats up."

"This was our step out of a minivan now that we have moved out of car seats. It had handled better than any vehicle we have own. I would definitely recommend this to anyone else needing room and functionality. Only drawback is the lack of cargo space behind the third row. Even that is better then most comparisons."

Excellent vehicle.

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

"Have no issue or problems since I purchased this vehicle brand new."

Exciting

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "Looks fantastic, great electronics, fun to drive"

Cons: "Driver leg room if you are tall, gas mileage"

"Very simply put. I wanted a Dodge Charger R/T but my practical side said in the North East I still need a hefty SUV. This vehicle has given me a taste of both worlds. It is fun to drive with its racy feel and it is practical when I need it to be. I am 6'5" and I am surprisingly having a slight problem with my right leg, I either could use a little more back tilt on the seat or about one more inch leg room. A small price to pay for a very exciting to drive vehicle."

Durango Citidal

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Looks, power, great sound system"

Cons: "none that i can think of"

"My first dodge vehicle. Did'nt ever think I would have one cause I am a chevy guy. This suv has greatly exceeded my expectations! The durango citidal is awesome. I only have driven it about 350 miles and is in love with it so far. Quiet, very upscale interior, and the sound system sounds veryyyy good. It has plenty power with the V6. I had narrowed my choices to this and the acura mdx. I choose durango cause it just looks soo much better to me."

Extremely happy with purchase!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

"I own the 2014 Durango SXT AWD. Incredible vehicle! I bought this for many reasons: roominess, appearance (man, this thing looks cool), driving comfort, towing capacity, power, versatility, fuel economy, affordability, blue-tooth, and quiet ride. Best vehicle I've ever owned, period. Dodge has created a luxury-feel SUV but with an affordable price tag. Also looked at Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, and Chevy Traverse. After extensive online research, went to test drive the Durango and LOVED it immediately. Only problems: 1) radio malfunctioned and needed to be replaced, 2) transmission shifts rough between 1-3 gears after initial start up. Smooths out after warming up. I've learned not to push it too soon and to accelerate slow and easy to allow smoother shifting. Transmission does seem to "think" too much. I've installed running boards, mud flaps, Husky floor liners, and a bug guard. Now looks like a custom, sporty SUV instead of a base model. I love that I can use to transport our 3 dogs around, then flip the 3rd row up for more passengers. I can also haul large cargo by flipping down 2nd row and it acts like a truck bed. Best of all, the Durango rides smooth and quiet at cruising speeds. My wife loves it! Great sound system, too. Lastly, the rear racetrack tail light is super stylish and unique."

Manufacture Defect!!!

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "not reliable"

"There has been problem after problems with this car. We are in the mix of lemon laws to get this car to the junk yard and off the road. And reimbursed for all the headaches and grief!"

The best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"This is a great car. Very well designed and engineered. A European style driving experience. Handles well and the technology is awesome. Very reliable as I have properly maintained it. I am impressed with every feature on this car. I love the ventilated seats and the blind spot warning. I will never forget this car."

Great vehicle for our family of 5 and 24 mpg city

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "MPG - Room for 6 - ZOOM!! - sure footed -"

Cons: "put ac outlets in the back seat on all vehicles"

"When searching for a replacement for Camry, the criteria was seating for 5, I must be able to put my 6"4" body in front and back seats. The two captians chairs allow for easy access to the third row. The heated seats/steering wheel, and LARGE touch screen is great. The rear camera allows for flawless parking. Turn on the eco button and configurating the gas effiency meter and we are getting 24 mpg city - 28 mpg in comfort. Love the keyless entry and rotary shifter. Essentially it is a Grand Cherokee XL."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "seating capacity, comfort, great navi and Uconnect"

"Good looking, good running, not a single problem."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"We have a 2011 Durango Heat. It's been a great vehicle so far, no issues. Very comfortable, drives very nice. Get a lot of compliments on the styling. Would definitely buy again."

love it drives like a luxery car!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive roomy 3rd seat is great quiet"

"great suv love it has all the room i need and more great gas milage lots of power rides like a luxery car very quiet"

Very nice and fun to drive

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, interior and exterior, ride"

Cons: "Seat is a touch narrow"

"Have only had my Durango a few weeks but can honestly say (after owning many SUV's) it is one of my favorites. Bought the RT model with the Hemi and it is a lot of fun to drive for a large vehicle. Good acceleration but of course the fuel mileage suffers because even in the eco mode it am still getting 16 mpg average. Vehicle is comfortable although the seats are a little narrow and I am not a wide bodied person. Other then that the interior is top notch. One of the best(and easy to use) touch screens I have seen and I have owned a good number of vehicles. IT has to rate right at the top. Very convenient with the third seat that folds and I usually keep it folded since I don't carry more then five people usually. Exterior wise the Durango gets a lot of looks and I have had numerous people come up and comment on how they like the looks. All in all for the short time I have owned it I would say I am very glad I decided to buy a Durango. Definitely consider one if you are shopping in this category."

Okay car I guess

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride, plenty of room. Good in snow"

"First time I purchased an american made brand. Not terribly disappointed, but not overly happy with it either. It starts every morning and it gets me where I need to go, but it often hesitates when I accelerate (doesn't seem to know what gear to pick. The same happens when going up a slight incline. Rear shockbreaker broke and needs replacement (warranty). Chrysler seems to have a lot of issues with backorders and so far I have been waiting for a month. MPG experience is about 16-17 MPG on average. When driving highway, it gets as high as 21 MPG, but trips in town and stop and go traffic quickly reduces that to about 14-15 MPG. This car requires premium unleaded, so expect to open your wallet. Other than that, not a bad car, but for me, nothing really to write home about either."

Great value, very versatile

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Handling, smooth highway drive, utlility,"

Cons: "I opted for black cloth interior, shows dirt"

"I've had my 2014 Durango SXT Plus AWD for four months now and am very happy with it. I opted for the Captain's Chairs in the second row as I have four kids and did not want to have to flip part of the bench seat forward every time kids loaded or unloaded. This configuration is perfect for us. The SUV drives great, handles well with ample power for passing. The price was very cheap when compared with the Tahoe, Expedition or the Suburban which I also shopped. I also like how easily the rear seats flip forward to expand the cargo space in the rear. I can throw my dog in the converted back and still carry four people, then it's just a pull of a strap to reconfigure to seat 6. I opted for the AWD since we are skiers. Can't wait to try it out on snowy mountain roads in Winter. I also like the look of the vehicle. It's got nice lines with a much more manly look than a mini van. I didn't opt for the leather interior, which I should have with 4 kids and a dog to haul around. The touch screen control panel is user friendly and intuitive. Overall I'm very satisfied and would recommend this SUV to anyone. Just great value and utility for the price."

Unbelievably comfortable and solid!

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"By FAR the best of the class if you like a quiet ride with power, agility and the ability to tow a large pontoon! Amazing touches throughout and was the cheapest to boot (compared to comparably equipped competition we drove) Everyone who sees it says "What is it?" and then wants one."

Great looking and comfortable. I feel safe.

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Stylish and comfortable with all the electronics."

Cons: "Fuel economy in town."

Style and comfort with a boss engine.

"This is my dream car. I have to sell it because my finances have changed. This car would make a great family vehicle and also a great vehicle to drive your clients around. I have owned many cross over vehicle and I have not enjoyed this one far more than any of the others. The only negative is the gas mileage in town. I now do more in town driving because I am retired."

Style and comfort with a boss engine.

Best V6 SUV

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "A great all purpose vehicle."

Cons: "Not one"

"We needed a truck or SUV to pull our new boat. After a great deal of research we decided on the Durango. It pulls our 19' Jet Boat with ease. Even on steep ramps we have never had an issue. Towing or not, the ride is just fantastic. The quiet cabin and smooth ride, makes us glad we didn't choose a truck. A great choice for long trips too."

Great family Car

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Technology within the vehicle"

Cons: "Gas Milage even w/VVT, road noise, reaview sight"

"I really like this vehicle. 3RD row seating is a must for our family and the storage space available with the 3rd row in use is the best we've ever had. I wish I had the 8 speed trasnmission because the 5 speed is not really very good with the HEMI. But hey, It's got a HEMI!! It's difficult to see around you using only the rear view mirror, but the blind spot indicator is really helpfull."

DODGE ROCKS!!!

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Performance ride, UCONNECT, quiet, value, towing"

"I have owned my 2014 Durango since Dec 2013 and enjoyed every bit of the material on it. My wife drives a BMW X5 but rather steal my Durango because of the better ride gives and luxury in its class. This nice crossover handles the roads absolutely well on a smooth quiet drive have every time sit in comfortable bucket seats inside with UCONNECT NAV/Ventilated seats, blue tooth, audio includes Pandora and 1 year Sirius satellite radio. I love cruising around my Durango because of responsive handling get from it on lots of sleek performance. Its a fun SUV than ever I am not disappointed on features nor shortcomings that can be listed a really bargain. Towing capacity is excellent tow a 5,000lbs boat hooked on this small SUV which seems smaller on outside but have better quality inside from better options than my wife's X5 which she loves but likes the Durango more its been a great crossover for 4 months now there hasn't been not one problem out of it. I'm looking at another Chrysler/Dodge product searching for a new Ram truck while all our vehicles paid cash on and drive them for another 10 years keeping the Durango and buying a truck because I do travel a lot even work on a long distance business so have bit more room and better fuel economy which done researching on Ram 1500 on reliability and finding something with a great ride as test drove one making a new purchase next week probably order one with more features if can't found a equipped model. Back to my Durango love this SUV its better from Tahoe or Expedition in a greater ride and more room this was my Chrysler product I'm very thrilled with it because while driving it for couple months showed me what the Chrysler vehicles are like now in better rides includes fit and finish materials."

No Dodge for 25 years, will be buying again!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

"Bought this SUV for my many trips to Mexico towing my boat. Highway driving is very comfortable and the Durango with the V-8 handles like a charm. Overall gas mileage on trips is 18+. Interior is quality and exterior is attractive. The console for radio/cd/sat/GPS is challenging to use (especially while driving). Only real dislikes so far; transmission is jerky periodically on some auto shifts between 1-3rd gears and clunky/rough/noisy when first shifting manually from Park to Drive. Lastly, annoying brake squeal with pedal pressure but only for last few feet before complete stop? Dealer says its "normal" but I refuse to believe that. Overall I am very happy I decided to violate my 25 year boycott of Dodge/Chrysler."

Worryfree and economical

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "reliabilty, fuel economy, ride"

Cons: "No diesel available"

"89,000 miles in 34 months. Never been to the dealer for any service or repair. All maintenance suggested completed and probably a few beyond the recommendations. Factory tires and brakes exceeded my expectations. Reliability, Ride, fuel economy and towing exceeded my expectations. If they would let us have the diesel it would be close to the perfect vehicle with the 2014 upgrades."

Best SUV I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Very little out of pocket expenses in 2+ years"

Cons: "Automatic dimming dashboard lights."

"Very low maintenance cost, basically to take it to the dealership for "free" oil changes every 3,000 miles. Excellent quality and reliability. The 3.6L V6 24 valve VVT engine towed my 6,000lb trailer pretty handily, only steep hills seemed to slow it down. My only regret is not getting the electronic controlled driver side seat."

Best 7 passenger suv period!!!!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "mpg could say what it is."

"I love this 2014 Dodge Durango limited. I bought this with a penastar v6 with 8 speed transmission and AWD. The interior is very nice with no cheap plastic. Lots of soft touch plastic,and the heated leather front and back seats are great. The v6 has a ton of power,and the transmission is smooth as silk. I upgraded to the dual blue ray dvd in the middle seats which work great. The infotainment system works great with a 8.4" touch screen that is just simply amazing. The third row is very large and comfy with great head and leg room. Everything in this suv has screams luxury!The price point was a little bit on the high end,but compared to everything else i looked at there is no competition. If your in the market for a great 7 passenger suv look no further than here. The only slight gripe i have is the mpg says 19 combined,but as of now i am only getting about 15."

Love It

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Power, Perfect Size"

Cons: "Gas Mileage is not great, but better than some"

"Fun ride. Power and style. Perfect size with plenty of passenger and cargo space, but not too big for a lady to handle. Also great for the husband who enjoys the towing package and the Hemi. When I am ready I will likely buy a new one and keep it as a back up. Haved owned Mercedes, Toyota 4-Runner and other vehicles, but this is my favorite so far."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next