2014 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,106 - $32,097.

10/7.0

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Manufacture Defect!!!

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "not reliable"

"There has been problem after problems with this car. We are in the mix of lemon laws to get this car to the junk yard and off the road. And reimbursed for all the headaches and grief!"

The best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"This is a great car. Very well designed and engineered. A European style driving experience. Handles well and the technology is awesome. Very reliable as I have properly maintained it. I am impressed with every feature on this car. I love the ventilated seats and the blind spot warning. I will never forget this car."

Great vehicle for our family of 5 and 24 mpg city

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "MPG - Room for 6 - ZOOM!! - sure footed -"

Cons: "put ac outlets in the back seat on all vehicles"

"When searching for a replacement for Camry, the criteria was seating for 5, I must be able to put my 6"4" body in front and back seats. The two captians chairs allow for easy access to the third row. The heated seats/steering wheel, and LARGE touch screen is great. The rear camera allows for flawless parking. Turn on the eco button and configurating the gas effiency meter and we are getting 24 mpg city - 28 mpg in comfort. Love the keyless entry and rotary shifter. Essentially it is a Grand Cherokee XL."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "seating capacity, comfort, great navi and Uconnect"

"Good looking, good running, not a single problem."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"We have a 2011 Durango Heat. It's been a great vehicle so far, no issues. Very comfortable, drives very nice. Get a lot of compliments on the styling. Would definitely buy again."

love it drives like a luxery car!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive roomy 3rd seat is great quiet"

"great suv love it has all the room i need and more great gas milage lots of power rides like a luxery car very quiet"

Very nice and fun to drive

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, interior and exterior, ride"

Cons: "Seat is a touch narrow"

"Have only had my Durango a few weeks but can honestly say (after owning many SUV's) it is one of my favorites. Bought the RT model with the Hemi and it is a lot of fun to drive for a large vehicle. Good acceleration but of course the fuel mileage suffers because even in the eco mode it am still getting 16 mpg average. Vehicle is comfortable although the seats are a little narrow and I am not a wide bodied person. Other then that the interior is top notch. One of the best(and easy to use) touch screens I have seen and I have owned a good number of vehicles. IT has to rate right at the top. Very convenient with the third seat that folds and I usually keep it folded since I don't carry more then five people usually. Exterior wise the Durango gets a lot of looks and I have had numerous people come up and comment on how they like the looks. All in all for the short time I have owned it I would say I am very glad I decided to buy a Durango. Definitely consider one if you are shopping in this category."

Okay car I guess

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride, plenty of room. Good in snow"

"First time I purchased an american made brand. Not terribly disappointed, but not overly happy with it either. It starts every morning and it gets me where I need to go, but it often hesitates when I accelerate (doesn't seem to know what gear to pick. The same happens when going up a slight incline. Rear shockbreaker broke and needs replacement (warranty). Chrysler seems to have a lot of issues with backorders and so far I have been waiting for a month. MPG experience is about 16-17 MPG on average. When driving highway, it gets as high as 21 MPG, but trips in town and stop and go traffic quickly reduces that to about 14-15 MPG. This car requires premium unleaded, so expect to open your wallet. Other than that, not a bad car, but for me, nothing really to write home about either."

Great value, very versatile

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Handling, smooth highway drive, utlility,"

Cons: "I opted for black cloth interior, shows dirt"

"I've had my 2014 Durango SXT Plus AWD for four months now and am very happy with it. I opted for the Captain's Chairs in the second row as I have four kids and did not want to have to flip part of the bench seat forward every time kids loaded or unloaded. This configuration is perfect for us. The SUV drives great, handles well with ample power for passing. The price was very cheap when compared with the Tahoe, Expedition or the Suburban which I also shopped. I also like how easily the rear seats flip forward to expand the cargo space in the rear. I can throw my dog in the converted back and still carry four people, then it's just a pull of a strap to reconfigure to seat 6. I opted for the AWD since we are skiers. Can't wait to try it out on snowy mountain roads in Winter. I also like the look of the vehicle. It's got nice lines with a much more manly look than a mini van. I didn't opt for the leather interior, which I should have with 4 kids and a dog to haul around. The touch screen control panel is user friendly and intuitive. Overall I'm very satisfied and would recommend this SUV to anyone. Just great value and utility for the price."

Unbelievably comfortable and solid!

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"By FAR the best of the class if you like a quiet ride with power, agility and the ability to tow a large pontoon! Amazing touches throughout and was the cheapest to boot (compared to comparably equipped competition we drove) Everyone who sees it says "What is it?" and then wants one."

Great looking and comfortable. I feel safe.

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Stylish and comfortable with all the electronics."

Cons: "Fuel economy in town."

Style and comfort with a boss engine.

"This is my dream car. I have to sell it because my finances have changed. This car would make a great family vehicle and also a great vehicle to drive your clients around. I have owned many cross over vehicle and I have not enjoyed this one far more than any of the others. The only negative is the gas mileage in town. I now do more in town driving because I am retired."

Style and comfort with a boss engine.

Best V6 SUV

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "A great all purpose vehicle."

Cons: "Not one"

"We needed a truck or SUV to pull our new boat. After a great deal of research we decided on the Durango. It pulls our 19' Jet Boat with ease. Even on steep ramps we have never had an issue. Towing or not, the ride is just fantastic. The quiet cabin and smooth ride, makes us glad we didn't choose a truck. A great choice for long trips too."

Great family Car

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Technology within the vehicle"

Cons: "Gas Milage even w/VVT, road noise, reaview sight"

"I really like this vehicle. 3RD row seating is a must for our family and the storage space available with the 3rd row in use is the best we've ever had. I wish I had the 8 speed trasnmission because the 5 speed is not really very good with the HEMI. But hey, It's got a HEMI!! It's difficult to see around you using only the rear view mirror, but the blind spot indicator is really helpfull."

DODGE ROCKS!!!

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Performance ride, UCONNECT, quiet, value, towing"

"I have owned my 2014 Durango since Dec 2013 and enjoyed every bit of the material on it. My wife drives a BMW X5 but rather steal my Durango because of the better ride gives and luxury in its class. This nice crossover handles the roads absolutely well on a smooth quiet drive have every time sit in comfortable bucket seats inside with UCONNECT NAV/Ventilated seats, blue tooth, audio includes Pandora and 1 year Sirius satellite radio. I love cruising around my Durango because of responsive handling get from it on lots of sleek performance. Its a fun SUV than ever I am not disappointed on features nor shortcomings that can be listed a really bargain. Towing capacity is excellent tow a 5,000lbs boat hooked on this small SUV which seems smaller on outside but have better quality inside from better options than my wife's X5 which she loves but likes the Durango more its been a great crossover for 4 months now there hasn't been not one problem out of it. I'm looking at another Chrysler/Dodge product searching for a new Ram truck while all our vehicles paid cash on and drive them for another 10 years keeping the Durango and buying a truck because I do travel a lot even work on a long distance business so have bit more room and better fuel economy which done researching on Ram 1500 on reliability and finding something with a great ride as test drove one making a new purchase next week probably order one with more features if can't found a equipped model. Back to my Durango love this SUV its better from Tahoe or Expedition in a greater ride and more room this was my Chrysler product I'm very thrilled with it because while driving it for couple months showed me what the Chrysler vehicles are like now in better rides includes fit and finish materials."

No Dodge for 25 years, will be buying again!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

"Bought this SUV for my many trips to Mexico towing my boat. Highway driving is very comfortable and the Durango with the V-8 handles like a charm. Overall gas mileage on trips is 18+. Interior is quality and exterior is attractive. The console for radio/cd/sat/GPS is challenging to use (especially while driving). Only real dislikes so far; transmission is jerky periodically on some auto shifts between 1-3rd gears and clunky/rough/noisy when first shifting manually from Park to Drive. Lastly, annoying brake squeal with pedal pressure but only for last few feet before complete stop? Dealer says its "normal" but I refuse to believe that. Overall I am very happy I decided to violate my 25 year boycott of Dodge/Chrysler."

Worryfree and economical

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "reliabilty, fuel economy, ride"

Cons: "No diesel available"

"89,000 miles in 34 months. Never been to the dealer for any service or repair. All maintenance suggested completed and probably a few beyond the recommendations. Factory tires and brakes exceeded my expectations. Reliability, Ride, fuel economy and towing exceeded my expectations. If they would let us have the diesel it would be close to the perfect vehicle with the 2014 upgrades."

Best SUV I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Very little out of pocket expenses in 2+ years"

Cons: "Automatic dimming dashboard lights."

"Very low maintenance cost, basically to take it to the dealership for "free" oil changes every 3,000 miles. Excellent quality and reliability. The 3.6L V6 24 valve VVT engine towed my 6,000lb trailer pretty handily, only steep hills seemed to slow it down. My only regret is not getting the electronic controlled driver side seat."

Best 7 passenger suv period!!!!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "mpg could say what it is."

"I love this 2014 Dodge Durango limited. I bought this with a penastar v6 with 8 speed transmission and AWD. The interior is very nice with no cheap plastic. Lots of soft touch plastic,and the heated leather front and back seats are great. The v6 has a ton of power,and the transmission is smooth as silk. I upgraded to the dual blue ray dvd in the middle seats which work great. The infotainment system works great with a 8.4" touch screen that is just simply amazing. The third row is very large and comfy with great head and leg room. Everything in this suv has screams luxury!The price point was a little bit on the high end,but compared to everything else i looked at there is no competition. If your in the market for a great 7 passenger suv look no further than here. The only slight gripe i have is the mpg says 19 combined,but as of now i am only getting about 15."

Love It

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Power, Perfect Size"

Cons: "Gas Mileage is not great, but better than some"

"Fun ride. Power and style. Perfect size with plenty of passenger and cargo space, but not too big for a lady to handle. Also great for the husband who enjoys the towing package and the Hemi. When I am ready I will likely buy a new one and keep it as a back up. Haved owned Mercedes, Toyota 4-Runner and other vehicles, but this is my favorite so far."

it good like it sister the jeep the dodge

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

I want this car

"it good on gas and better than a chevy cause it a dodge"

Excellent quality & handling. Great value.

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Great all around vehicle."

Cons: "None so far"

"Purchase Limited package with 6 cylinder. So far with very limited miles everything has been great. No issues at all. Confortable, handles well. To soon to determine how gas mileage will average out. Getting 25mpg during highway driving."

Loving the Durango

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "POWER, Transmission, quiet and smooth- FAST!!"

Cons: "Fold the 3rd row & it doesn't sit perfectly flush"

"I was always a Chevy guy- all my life with a short BMW 325Ci stint- and after driving a Tahoe for 11 years and 200,000 miles- Chevy served me well but $55,000 for a new Tahoe didn't seem like the way to go and to heck with the Traverse Equinox Acadia I'm sorry I used to drive an SUV so now I drive this all wheel drive minivan. I was sick of seeing all of this wanna-be SUV crossover junk and looked towards the Grand Cherokee but man- the trunk was tight. After some detailed research I bought a 2014 Durango Limited with the Hemi- and have been loving every minute of it. Yeah- it's Grand Cherokee with an extra 12 inches on it. Same guts, same assembly line, same dealer. For $40K- it wasn't cheap- but it's good value. Driving is a thrill- GET THE HEMI- the V6 had plenty of power- but man- get a big block V8 before the E.P.A. bans them. Yeah- 14 MPG around town, 20 on the highway, 15MPG avg since I got it a month ago PAYING FOR THE GAS IS WORTH THE THRILL THIS THING SCREAMS. This is by far the fastest vehicle I ever had- including an 01 BMW. Never saw myself as a Dodge guy- figured it would be a cold day in heck and I'd need to get a tattoo and start smoking- but they got this vehicle right, and this former Chevy guy is now a Dodge guy. I'm in construction and was worried about the AWD vs 4 Wheel Drive- cause I do a bit of off roading- well, guess what- this is the same transfer case as the Grand Cherokee- the Magna 3022 a.k.a. Quadra Trac II minus a computer program sequence. I'll put it this way- the "AWD" is functionally as good as the 4WD in my 2000 Tahoe- add a little traction and stability control, and a baboon could drive this thing well in the snow or mud. Frankly it's too perfect- I want to be able to get sideways (and you can, just turn off the traction control). In short, it's a well made, well mannered, civilized brute, with more space than the Grand Cherokee at the same price. Go buy one."

Chrysler's best effort to date!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Good quality build. AWD for me a must."

Cons: "Service cost for petty items after 12 months."

"They're almost there. American auto makers still haven't figured out what they have to do with service. That's one of the reasons they never catch foreign car makers. Things like loaner cars and no hassle servicing. I have owned my Dodge Durango Citadel for 14 months and think it's the best Chrysler I've owned to date. Last month both of my fog light bulbs went out and found out they are not covered under the "bumper to bumper" warranty. The service associate told me in short terms, "nope, bulbs aren't covered after 12months/12,000 miles." Cost to replace both lamps, $90. for parts and min. hour labor.I went to O'Reilly's and replaced them myself for $62. You wouldn't think a 14 month old car would need lamps yet? At 45K for a Dodge I may go a little more and look at BMW next time around."

Once loyal Toyota owner, trades both in for TWO!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Ex. ride, handling, int. quality, looks & towing!"

Cons: "resale, Durango name & association with it"

"As a sales rep. and auto enthusiast, I drive and have owned many cars, this by far is the most under appreciated design on the market for the money! I was buying new Toyotas every year or 2, I traded my '11 Tundra Crew for my work Durango, 13' SXT Rallye AWD, love the handling, the interior design and quality, loved it so much, I traded my wife's '10 Venza Limited for a '13 Durango R/T AWD with every option, inc. the Adaptive cruise control (MB tech.) this is must have option. The car my wife had prior was a '06 MB R350 4Matic, this design and quality (also ML, GL class) are very much related, the dash, all the electronics, elec. key and keyless go, seats, layout inside and the 5 spd transmission on my SXT/main platform are all Mercedes tech. and borrowed parts, the trans, is borrowed directly from MB (not sure on the 6-spd in R/T, but great). The Toyotas would be more reliable, but nothing to complain about with the Dodge's so far, I have 38000+ on mine and 8000 on the wife's R/T. We still respect Toyota for what they build, but they had no vehicle in this tow class, we have a large boat and tow an enclosed trailer. The ride on the Durango is as good or better than the MB R Class, it's smoother. The R-Class had the air ride suspension, we traded it for a Toyota, after 2 trips to the dealer for the air ride pump, under warranty, but no local dealers. Dodge has a great vehicle here, hopefully the new ownership, Fiat, respect that and don't kill this heavily Daimler/MB influenced quality design they inherited with the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge-Ram buyout! Only issue is they should have changed the name, Durango to me, before, meant truck based unreliable SUV, I think it might hurt the resale due to that, though this Durango shares nothing with that uglier/aged design, luckily!"

Love this SUV

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, dependability, adrenalin rush!"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"This thing has power. We pull our 29ft (5,000lb) camper behind it and the 5.7 Hemi has no problem towing it. Ours has the tow package so it is equipped with a transmission cooler and I wouldn't tow anything that big without that feature. I never thought that I'd really care for a backup camera, until I started hooking up my camper or my flatbed trailer. With the camera, I can do it without getting out of the vehicle 20 times or needing a helper. We just took this on a family trip (about 1,200 miles). The fuel economy isn't great (avg. 18-20mpg) on a long trip, but hey, this thing's got a Hemi, what do you expect. 360HP, AWD. We've had our worst snow in 20 years here and I never worry about which vehicle to take out. This one can do it all and when you pull up beside someone at a stoplight, the dual exhaust sounds great. They think twice about "seeing what you've got under the hood". When you push it to the floor, you feel it. I've always been a "Ford" man (still am), until I bought this machine, now I've come around to the great things Dodge has done."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next