2014 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,606 - $29,255.

10/7.0

Based on 106 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Blown away!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "value, solid chassis, luxury"

Cons: "low tech stereo graphics, no mid row capt chairs"

"I've never been a Dodge fan, but when we started shopping for a mid size suv/crossover it ended up on the short list quickly. We were just coming out of a minivan and wanted something with a bit of style. We were able to pickup a loaded Citadel for about the same money as a mid level Explorer or GM SUV. The only other vehicle that we seriously considered was the CX9. We went for the Citadel because it had a few extra options and was a fresher design. I don't regret it for a minute. It is constantly getting stares from people and my wife says she is often complemented by both men and woman. It rides amazingly quite and handles like a sports sedan. Two minor gripes, it needs the newer radio and display from the Journey and Charger. The current radio/nav works well, but looks low tech and cheesy compared to the rest of the truck. The other, and this is now an option in the 12's, is I wish we had captains chairs like the Lamda's. It is a pain in the neck, even with child boosters, if you have a car seat."

Been a great SUV. Power of a truck and functional

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "Fits 7 comfortably. Great in Utah winters."

Cons: "Not much cargo space with seats up."

"This was our step out of a minivan now that we have moved out of car seats. It had handled better than any vehicle we have own. I would definitely recommend this to anyone else needing room and functionality. Only drawback is the lack of cargo space behind the third row. Even that is better then most comparisons."

Great looking and comfortable. I feel safe.

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Stylish and comfortable with all the electronics."

Cons: "Fuel economy in town."

Style and comfort with a boss engine.

"This is my dream car. I have to sell it because my finances have changed. This car would make a great family vehicle and also a great vehicle to drive your clients around. I have owned many cross over vehicle and I have not enjoyed this one far more than any of the others. The only negative is the gas mileage in town. I now do more in town driving because I am retired."

Style and comfort with a boss engine.

Manufacture Defect!!!

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "not reliable"

"There has been problem after problems with this car. We are in the mix of lemon laws to get this car to the junk yard and off the road. And reimbursed for all the headaches and grief!"

Extremely happy with purchase!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

"I own the 2014 Durango SXT AWD. Incredible vehicle! I bought this for many reasons: roominess, appearance (man, this thing looks cool), driving comfort, towing capacity, power, versatility, fuel economy, affordability, blue-tooth, and quiet ride. Best vehicle I've ever owned, period. Dodge has created a luxury-feel SUV but with an affordable price tag. Also looked at Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, and Chevy Traverse. After extensive online research, went to test drive the Durango and LOVED it immediately. Only problems: 1) radio malfunctioned and needed to be replaced, 2) transmission shifts rough between 1-3 gears after initial start up. Smooths out after warming up. I've learned not to push it too soon and to accelerate slow and easy to allow smoother shifting. Transmission does seem to "think" too much. I've installed running boards, mud flaps, Husky floor liners, and a bug guard. Now looks like a custom, sporty SUV instead of a base model. I love that I can use to transport our 3 dogs around, then flip the 3rd row up for more passengers. I can also haul large cargo by flipping down 2nd row and it acts like a truck bed. Best of all, the Durango rides smooth and quiet at cruising speeds. My wife loves it! Great sound system, too. Lastly, the rear racetrack tail light is super stylish and unique."