2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"we traded a 2007 Tahoe for our Durango and haven't looked back. My wife loves it and its a fun car to drive. Not to mention the fuel mileage. Always stays in the twenties MPG!"

Love It

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"I've had a Durango before and this one is world's apart from my 2004. Bought this in 2012 and I couldn't be happier. Only issue I would gripe about is the brakes squeek when backing out of my driveway first thing in the morning. The dealership told me that's normal but i've never had that problem before. Other than that, it's an excellent vehicle and looks great."

Great suv

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Style and comfort."

"I traded a Buick Enclave for my Citadel what a wonderful choice I made. The Buick was a great car but I love my Durango. The Durango is a head turner for sure. Handles great and the features are perfect. I feel like a Queen in this car and will own it for a long time. Gas mileage has been great. My grown children actually like riding in it they love the style."

Best engineered full size suv

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Engineering and Design"

"We bought a loaded 2012 crew with the Hemi for a cross country camping trip, and we definitely made the right choice. All of the features were useful, well designed, comfortable, and worked perfectly. The kids actually wanted to drive longer and never once asked are we there yet. It was a pleasure to drive for many miles with six passengers on board and trailer in tow. I have owned many vehicles both foreign and domestic and can honestly say that this is one full size SUV worth keeping!"

Great Value

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

"This SUV continues to impress me with both the major issues like driving dynamics, comfort and quiet as well as minor conveniences like automatic seat and sterring wheel warmer when remote-starting the car in cold weather. It has good power, acceptable gas mileage, and great comfort. I had an incident on the freeway where I had to make an emergency lane change at 65 MPH. I was amazed at the quick lane change and immediate return to stright line progress in the next lane with no oversteer, most likely attributable to a very good stability control system. Good on the big picture, good on the details."

Love my car!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great MPG for an SUV. Rides smooth."

Cons: "Touchy gas cap."

"I rarely would rate a vehicle this high. I had a 2010 Ford Expedition before my 2011 Durango and thought I loved that car. The drive in this vehicle is comfortable, reliable and fun. I purchase this Durango new and feel that I received a great value for the Express model. I have the back up sensors, parking camera, moon roof and towing package. Towing is great, it's got wonderful power. Driving on the highway for a long trip is comfortable. The third row seat is roomy. My only gripe was that my check engine light would come on when I didn't close my gas cap as directed. You have to stop just at the click, not beyond, or the light will come on. I average 18.8 mpg and have recently gotten 23.8 on a 5 1/2 hour trip. Hope my satisfaction continues. This is a sharp and fun vehicle. Highly recommend. I was not a fan of Dodge. I am now!"

Great SUV, good mpg for a large suv, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "MPG, handling, interior/exterior design, great V6"

Cons: "Bit heavy, no 3rd row on the Heat model"

"I purchased a I4 GMC Terrain FWD as I still wanted an SUV, but wanted decent MPG. What a disappointment. Seven months later I decided I couldn't handle the disappointing real world MPG and weak engine that I compromised in hopes of getting somewhere near the MPG claim. So I traded in the Terrain for a '11 Durango Heat AWD and I couldn't be happier. I get near full size SUV capacity, a very strong V6 and I'm only off by 2 MPG vs the Terrain in city driving and it only has 500 miles on it. I have had a couple of 50 mile HWY trips so far and based on the EVIC I'm averaging 23 MPG HWY now, I was getting about 25 MPG max on the Terrain. This was with a FWD vs the AWD in the Durango. Plus I didn't have to deal with the gear hunting of the 6 speed tranny in the Terrain. Disregard the negative comments about the 5 speed tranny in the Durango. It does just fine. I'd rather give up 1 or 2 MPG than deal with the potential of the gears always hunting. Fit and finish is great and the Heat trim handles very good for such a large SUV. This one is a keeper."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pros: "Great SUV"

"completed 3 trips from Chicago to Florida. Love driving this SUV. Tested others and the Dodge came out on top."

Great SUV for road trips and daily driving

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Perfect size, MPG, great driving dynamics for SUV"

Cons: "paint quality"

"Put on over 5K miles this year on road trips so far. Can't think of a better SUV to travel. The V6 offers plenty of power. Been averaging about 75 mph on the interstates with 2 adults, 2 teens and 2 weeks worth of luggage, averaging nearly 25 mpg. It's comfortable for the 8+ hour drives between the next stop. We use this as our main DD and average about 16 mpg around town, which is OK with the short drives. Overall, it's been excellent so far. I'm not sure what I'd replace with it if I had to get a new vehicle. There are a few small issues: 1. It's extremely difficult to remove any bug/road stains off the white paint. Even with multiple waxing, nothing comes off the paint without major scrubbing. 2. There a a handful of paint chips/imperfections throught out the body. Most can be fixed with touch up, but paint quality seems to be an issue. 3. There is an annoying rattle/click somewhere near the front of the drive side. Seems to rattle more with throttle. Multiple dealers still can't figure it out and have replaced a shock thinking it was defective. Still rattles."

I love this truck!

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "Reasonal price, good gas mileage, nice base model"

Cons: "Rear shock went at 800 miles"

"Before this truck I owned a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, a 2008 Jeep Wrangler, and a 2011 Jeep Liberty and this is by far my favorite truck so far. Now the Durango is obviously not as fun as the Wrangler was but for a family hauler it cant be beat. This trucks engine is amazing! Its the perfect balance of power and fuel economy. The handling is very impressive and very carlike. Who knew a 5000 pound truck can ever handle like this? The styling is also very mean looking which is awesome! I can haul 7 people like a minivan can but still feel cool. The Durango also has crazy amount of space. I always have enough room to fit everything I need. I even was able to fit a stack of 10 foot 2x6's in it and close the back tailgate. Pretty impressive in my book. All in all, I love this truck!"