2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Truly the best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, power, features, looks, ride"

Cons: "vehcle must be running for rear power outlet?"

"I purchased the Citadel with a Hemi and all options except the captain seats. The day I drove it home, I received two compliments on the appearance of the vehicle. One guy even followed me when I exited the highway to make sure of the make and model. "that is really an awesome car". He was driving an Escalade. I have received many other compliments and inquiries. There are not a lot of them on the road. That's cool too. The bluetooth is there for my Iphone, my sons Ipad and pandora and someone else can watch a dvd at the same time. The addaptive cruise control is phenominal when on a long trip. The Hemi has plenty of passing power. The vehicle is so quiet. It seems to float down the highway. Just load one up and buy it. You won't be disappointed."

Great Overall Product, Dodge has stepped up!

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, great standard features, comfortable"

"You get a lot for the money. Great value in the packages and add-ons. We looked at the Explorer, Pilot, Traverse, Armada, Acadia, and we chose the Durango. The fit and finish of the Durango seemed superior to the competition. The RWD was a plus. The interior is amazingly soft and attractive. Fun to drive, and has a great turning radius. Voice activated Navi works well, as compared to the very negatively reviewed MyFordTouch. We can't speak to reliabilty, it's too early to tell."

Great for a family

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "wonderful price,looks great,drives well"

Cons: "no step/running board to get into suv"

"I just got my car a week ago and bought it certified and I love it. I got the crew awd and my son who is almost 2 years old loves sitting up high and I have a baby on the way, who will be here shortly. When I took the car for a test drive I got in the third row(yes, I did 8 months pregnant and all) and I had plenty of room and that was very important to me because when my husband is driving and the kids are fussy I can go to the third row to make sure they are fine.There is alot of leg room in the second row plus I love the fact that there is an outlet in the second row so my son can watch his dvd. The voice connect works very well and I love the touch screen radio. The car gives you a lot for its money and it drives very well and looks great. I am so happy with this vehicle as it sits high, has great steering, and nice features including the rear view camera,fog lamps,blue tooth and sooo much more.. I can say that I am a proud owner, the trunk space is much bigger than the highlander and the acura mdx so Im glad i chose the durango cause at first I was skeptical about an american car as I use to have a toyota and my husband has nissan but OVERALL WE MADE A GREAT CHOOSE.... I HOPE THIS REVIEW HELPS:)"

Once loyal Toyota owner, trades both in for TWO!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Ex. ride, handling, int. quality, looks & towing!"

Cons: "resale, Durango name & association with it"

"As a sales rep. and auto enthusiast, I drive and have owned many cars, this by far is the most under appreciated design on the market for the money! I was buying new Toyotas every year or 2, I traded my '11 Tundra Crew for my work Durango, 13' SXT Rallye AWD, love the handling, the interior design and quality, loved it so much, I traded my wife's '10 Venza Limited for a '13 Durango R/T AWD with every option, inc. the Adaptive cruise control (MB tech.) this is must have option. The car my wife had prior was a '06 MB R350 4Matic, this design and quality (also ML, GL class) are very much related, the dash, all the electronics, elec. key and keyless go, seats, layout inside and the 5 spd transmission on my SXT/main platform are all Mercedes tech. and borrowed parts, the trans, is borrowed directly from MB (not sure on the 6-spd in R/T, but great). The Toyotas would be more reliable, but nothing to complain about with the Dodge's so far, I have 38000+ on mine and 8000 on the wife's R/T. We still respect Toyota for what they build, but they had no vehicle in this tow class, we have a large boat and tow an enclosed trailer. The ride on the Durango is as good or better than the MB R Class, it's smoother. The R-Class had the air ride suspension, we traded it for a Toyota, after 2 trips to the dealer for the air ride pump, under warranty, but no local dealers. Dodge has a great vehicle here, hopefully the new ownership, Fiat, respect that and don't kill this heavily Daimler/MB influenced quality design they inherited with the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge-Ram buyout! Only issue is they should have changed the name, Durango to me, before, meant truck based unreliable SUV, I think it might hurt the resale due to that, though this Durango shares nothing with that uglier/aged design, luckily!"

Dodge Durango Express AWD

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"I just bought a new 2011 Durango this week and I love it. I have owned 5 mini vans, a Suburban and a Traverse and this is the most stylish 7 seat vehicle on the road. The ride is awesome. You know you are in a truck with power but it's ride is smooth with tight handling. I have the convenience of a mini van with the looks of a "bad" SUV. I finally have a vehicle my 4 sons love to be picked up in with out being embarrassed and me, "Dad", feeling like a soccer mom. I feel cool again. I have the black with black interior base model Express but I have more standard options than other vehicles I paid extra for the upgraded versions. I am very pleased. I thought Dodge was dead. I never considered Dodge as an option for years. I could have bought nearly the whole line up. The Dodge Challenger, Charger would make this 48 year old Dad feel 10 years younger. Having Jeep and Chrysler all selling together under the same roof was a good move to save on overhead and provide many options for people of all likes to find something to suit them. Take a new look at Dodge. I am happy that I did."

LONG TIME WAITING

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Great price for all the features, gadgets, & value"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"I have been looking at several vehicles. I almost got the 2012 early this year but I'm glad I waited for the 2013. The features of the crew is the best. More than I can ask for epecially for being a techy guy. Most dealers wanted 36-42k for the this SUV, but I found a local dealer that sold it for $32600 out the door. I love this Durango!"

My favorite vehicle so far!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Size, gas mileage, looks, technology"

Cons: "The power for the V6, but the gas mileage makes up"

"I bought my Durango in August 2011. When I went to look at it, I was planning on buying a Ford Explorer or a GMC Acadia. I liked the technology of the Ford and the look of the Acadia. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the Durango. It has the technology and the looks. I have only had it for a few months, but I couldn't be happier with it. I would have to say it is my favorite vehicle so far! I love the adaptive cruise control and the blind spot monitor. They will be a must for any future vehicle that I will own. It also gets great gas mileage. I have found to be getting at least 23 and sometimes higher MPG and I drive 65 miles a day to and from work."

Loving the Durango

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "POWER, Transmission, quiet and smooth- FAST!!"

Cons: "Fold the 3rd row & it doesn't sit perfectly flush"

"I was always a Chevy guy- all my life with a short BMW 325Ci stint- and after driving a Tahoe for 11 years and 200,000 miles- Chevy served me well but $55,000 for a new Tahoe didn't seem like the way to go and to heck with the Traverse Equinox Acadia I'm sorry I used to drive an SUV so now I drive this all wheel drive minivan. I was sick of seeing all of this wanna-be SUV crossover junk and looked towards the Grand Cherokee but man- the trunk was tight. After some detailed research I bought a 2014 Durango Limited with the Hemi- and have been loving every minute of it. Yeah- it's Grand Cherokee with an extra 12 inches on it. Same guts, same assembly line, same dealer. For $40K- it wasn't cheap- but it's good value. Driving is a thrill- GET THE HEMI- the V6 had plenty of power- but man- get a big block V8 before the E.P.A. bans them. Yeah- 14 MPG around town, 20 on the highway, 15MPG avg since I got it a month ago PAYING FOR THE GAS IS WORTH THE THRILL THIS THING SCREAMS. This is by far the fastest vehicle I ever had- including an 01 BMW. Never saw myself as a Dodge guy- figured it would be a cold day in heck and I'd need to get a tattoo and start smoking- but they got this vehicle right, and this former Chevy guy is now a Dodge guy. I'm in construction and was worried about the AWD vs 4 Wheel Drive- cause I do a bit of off roading- well, guess what- this is the same transfer case as the Grand Cherokee- the Magna 3022 a.k.a. Quadra Trac II minus a computer program sequence. I'll put it this way- the "AWD" is functionally as good as the 4WD in my 2000 Tahoe- add a little traction and stability control, and a baboon could drive this thing well in the snow or mud. Frankly it's too perfect- I want to be able to get sideways (and you can, just turn off the traction control). In short, it's a well made, well mannered, civilized brute, with more space than the Grand Cherokee at the same price. Go buy one."

Love It

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"I've had a Durango before and this one is world's apart from my 2004. Bought this in 2012 and I couldn't be happier. Only issue I would gripe about is the brakes squeek when backing out of my driveway first thing in the morning. The dealership told me that's normal but i've never had that problem before. Other than that, it's an excellent vehicle and looks great."

No buyer's remorese :)

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "no lumbar support for passenger."

"the first time I actually did my homework before purchasing a car. I am a lifetime BMW driver, and after purchasing a new 3series, first baby was on the way. After one year of struggling with car seat and stroller, I decided it was time for a SUV. I test drove the BMW SUV of course, but found it still too small. I then decided to expand my views elsewhere. Honda, Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, then here we are. Absolutely love it. It is very spacious for us, we are all tall in the family, average 5'11" so leg room is very important. The handling is quite different for me compared to my previous car, but it is a smooth ride and the safety, i.e. bluetooth, hands free, ect is very comforting for me as a a new mom. Also, after working 12 hours, it is great not to have to bend down to get into a car. I strongly recommend this car. Haven't had any issues yet, (besides the salesman who really got me good, don't buy a car after working 12 hours!)."