2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Love It

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Power, Perfect Size"

Cons: "Gas Mileage is not great, but better than some"

"Fun ride. Power and style. Perfect size with plenty of passenger and cargo space, but not too big for a lady to handle. Also great for the husband who enjoys the towing package and the Hemi. When I am ready I will likely buy a new one and keep it as a back up. Haved owned Mercedes, Toyota 4-Runner and other vehicles, but this is my favorite so far."

it good like it sister the jeep the dodge

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

I want this car

"it good on gas and better than a chevy cause it a dodge"

Excellent quality & handling. Great value.

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Great all around vehicle."

Cons: "None so far"

"Purchase Limited package with 6 cylinder. So far with very limited miles everything has been great. No issues at all. Confortable, handles well. To soon to determine how gas mileage will average out. Getting 25mpg during highway driving."

Loving the Durango

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "POWER, Transmission, quiet and smooth- FAST!!"

Cons: "Fold the 3rd row & it doesn't sit perfectly flush"

"I was always a Chevy guy- all my life with a short BMW 325Ci stint- and after driving a Tahoe for 11 years and 200,000 miles- Chevy served me well but $55,000 for a new Tahoe didn't seem like the way to go and to heck with the Traverse Equinox Acadia I'm sorry I used to drive an SUV so now I drive this all wheel drive minivan. I was sick of seeing all of this wanna-be SUV crossover junk and looked towards the Grand Cherokee but man- the trunk was tight. After some detailed research I bought a 2014 Durango Limited with the Hemi- and have been loving every minute of it. Yeah- it's Grand Cherokee with an extra 12 inches on it. Same guts, same assembly line, same dealer. For $40K- it wasn't cheap- but it's good value. Driving is a thrill- GET THE HEMI- the V6 had plenty of power- but man- get a big block V8 before the E.P.A. bans them. Yeah- 14 MPG around town, 20 on the highway, 15MPG avg since I got it a month ago PAYING FOR THE GAS IS WORTH THE THRILL THIS THING SCREAMS. This is by far the fastest vehicle I ever had- including an 01 BMW. Never saw myself as a Dodge guy- figured it would be a cold day in heck and I'd need to get a tattoo and start smoking- but they got this vehicle right, and this former Chevy guy is now a Dodge guy. I'm in construction and was worried about the AWD vs 4 Wheel Drive- cause I do a bit of off roading- well, guess what- this is the same transfer case as the Grand Cherokee- the Magna 3022 a.k.a. Quadra Trac II minus a computer program sequence. I'll put it this way- the "AWD" is functionally as good as the 4WD in my 2000 Tahoe- add a little traction and stability control, and a baboon could drive this thing well in the snow or mud. Frankly it's too perfect- I want to be able to get sideways (and you can, just turn off the traction control). In short, it's a well made, well mannered, civilized brute, with more space than the Grand Cherokee at the same price. Go buy one."

Chrysler's best effort to date!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Good quality build. AWD for me a must."

Cons: "Service cost for petty items after 12 months."

"They're almost there. American auto makers still haven't figured out what they have to do with service. That's one of the reasons they never catch foreign car makers. Things like loaner cars and no hassle servicing. I have owned my Dodge Durango Citadel for 14 months and think it's the best Chrysler I've owned to date. Last month both of my fog light bulbs went out and found out they are not covered under the "bumper to bumper" warranty. The service associate told me in short terms, "nope, bulbs aren't covered after 12months/12,000 miles." Cost to replace both lamps, $90. for parts and min. hour labor.I went to O'Reilly's and replaced them myself for $62. You wouldn't think a 14 month old car would need lamps yet? At 45K for a Dodge I may go a little more and look at BMW next time around."