2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best looking SUV on the market

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "A blast to drive. good power, lots of room!"

Cons: "trailer package not standard on Crew"

"We have owned our Durango crew for a litle over a month. We were looking at an explorer and highlander. Needed a 3row suv to transport 2 kids and 2 dogs. Decided to stop at the Dodge dealership just to test out a 3rd vehicle. We immediatly fell in love with the Durango. Our kids felt that they had the most room in the third row in the Durango. In my opinion its the best looking suv out there. We have a cabin in the mountains and we have been there 3 times already in our new Durango! It accelerates nicely on the hills (I have the V6). Does well off road in the mud and snow. I have been pleasently suprised with the gas mileage. We have been averaging between 20-22. On the highway we're getting close to 26! The uconnect system is great. Automatic high beams and automatic windshield wipers were also a nice suprise! If I had any complaints it would be that Dodge is really pushing the towing capacity yet my Durango with a 37k sticker price does not have a standard tow hitch! Didnt even realize that since i enjoyed everything else so much."

Once loyal Toyota owner, trades both in for TWO!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Ex. ride, handling, int. quality, looks & towing!"

Cons: "resale, Durango name & association with it"

"As a sales rep. and auto enthusiast, I drive and have owned many cars, this by far is the most under appreciated design on the market for the money! I was buying new Toyotas every year or 2, I traded my '11 Tundra Crew for my work Durango, 13' SXT Rallye AWD, love the handling, the interior design and quality, loved it so much, I traded my wife's '10 Venza Limited for a '13 Durango R/T AWD with every option, inc. the Adaptive cruise control (MB tech.) this is must have option. The car my wife had prior was a '06 MB R350 4Matic, this design and quality (also ML, GL class) are very much related, the dash, all the electronics, elec. key and keyless go, seats, layout inside and the 5 spd transmission on my SXT/main platform are all Mercedes tech. and borrowed parts, the trans, is borrowed directly from MB (not sure on the 6-spd in R/T, but great). The Toyotas would be more reliable, but nothing to complain about with the Dodge's so far, I have 38000+ on mine and 8000 on the wife's R/T. We still respect Toyota for what they build, but they had no vehicle in this tow class, we have a large boat and tow an enclosed trailer. The ride on the Durango is as good or better than the MB R Class, it's smoother. The R-Class had the air ride suspension, we traded it for a Toyota, after 2 trips to the dealer for the air ride pump, under warranty, but no local dealers. Dodge has a great vehicle here, hopefully the new ownership, Fiat, respect that and don't kill this heavily Daimler/MB influenced quality design they inherited with the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge-Ram buyout! Only issue is they should have changed the name, Durango to me, before, meant truck based unreliable SUV, I think it might hurt the resale due to that, though this Durango shares nothing with that uglier/aged design, luckily!"

LONG TIME WAITING

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Great price for all the features, gadgets, & value"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"I have been looking at several vehicles. I almost got the 2012 early this year but I'm glad I waited for the 2013. The features of the crew is the best. More than I can ask for epecially for being a techy guy. Most dealers wanted 36-42k for the this SUV, but I found a local dealer that sold it for $32600 out the door. I love this Durango!"

My favorite vehicle so far!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Size, gas mileage, looks, technology"

Cons: "The power for the V6, but the gas mileage makes up"

"I bought my Durango in August 2011. When I went to look at it, I was planning on buying a Ford Explorer or a GMC Acadia. I liked the technology of the Ford and the look of the Acadia. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the Durango. It has the technology and the looks. I have only had it for a few months, but I couldn't be happier with it. I would have to say it is my favorite vehicle so far! I love the adaptive cruise control and the blind spot monitor. They will be a must for any future vehicle that I will own. It also gets great gas mileage. I have found to be getting at least 23 and sometimes higher MPG and I drive 65 miles a day to and from work."

CITADEL, AWD, HEMI, 7 seats, need I say more...

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "HEMI POWER, Adaptive Cruise Control. Awesome truck"

Cons: "Oil Change not set interval it asks for oil change"

No words needed.

"I bought my fully loaded 2012 Citadel new for a steal and set out on a long road trip, after 102 hours behind the wheel and over 6000 miles, I can say I have tried all things possible: below freezing temps, snow, sand, mud, and rain and endurance 2100 miles stopping only to fuel it and the family. Comfort is beyond, my 6 month pregnant wife, 4 and 6 year olds all liked the heated seats and tri-zone climate control just to name a few things. I love the traffic and weather live updates. Also auto everything, headlights (to include high beam off and on), wipers, blind spot, forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control all I have to do is steer. Minus is the oil change interval is determined by the truck, by speed, time idling, and time in general, not by milage. Oil change average 30-ish dollars, not bad."

No words needed.