2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 106 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Good Car - Have had it for 3 months

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"This vehicle looks nice and rides very smooth. I like the dashboard features that come with the basic model; the amount of space is nice too. I don't get as good of gas milage as I would like; I get on average 19 mpg highway, but have gotten up to 21. I did have to have my Durango in to replace parts for my A/C shortly after I bought the car, and was not too thrilled by that. Another thing I worry about is that I may end up breaking the fog lights and the piece that holds them out when going through snow this winter (South Dakota winters are not very friendly!). That part rides a little too low in my opinion and could be designed higher like the old Durangos, and made with higher quality material (have a fog light already out of place in my Durango)."

Very nice and fun to drive

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, interior and exterior, ride"

Cons: "Seat is a touch narrow"

"Have only had my Durango a few weeks but can honestly say (after owning many SUV's) it is one of my favorites. Bought the RT model with the Hemi and it is a lot of fun to drive for a large vehicle. Good acceleration but of course the fuel mileage suffers because even in the eco mode it am still getting 16 mpg average. Vehicle is comfortable although the seats are a little narrow and I am not a wide bodied person. Other then that the interior is top notch. One of the best(and easy to use) touch screens I have seen and I have owned a good number of vehicles. IT has to rate right at the top. Very convenient with the third seat that folds and I usually keep it folded since I don't carry more then five people usually. Exterior wise the Durango gets a lot of looks and I have had numerous people come up and comment on how they like the looks. All in all for the short time I have owned it I would say I am very glad I decided to buy a Durango. Definitely consider one if you are shopping in this category."

I Love it!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "space, agile, options packages, lots o cup holders"

Cons: "cargo with 3rd row up"

"I LOVE my Durango. I traded in an Acadia and this is by far better. More agility, I opted for more options, have heated second row seats, and good standard sound system. The MPG could be better but I consider it average. That's not a setback IMO as I have 3 kids with 3 carseats right now and the space is great. OH! And when things fall in between the console and front seat there is actually enough space to put your hand in there and get it out! I don't think I could make a better more functional pick. It's an attractive vehicle and we love driving it."

Great SUV

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "High quality, super interior design, great ride, better that avertised mpg"

Cons: "would have liked leather included in the base Crew as standard"

"I've owned four Jeeps (2 Wranglers and 2 Gr. Cherokees) my last was a 2004 Grand Cherokee Special Edition. I started looking at Dodges (Journey, Grand Caravan, Durango) as I wanted a vehicle with a 3rd row seat. I decided on a 2011 Durango Crew and am sure glad I did. The fit and finish is 1st class and the ride is great. I think its a great vehicle for the money and the bluetooth, power liftgate, radio/HD/SAT are awsome. This is one vehicle that I will be keeping for a long time. By the way I just averaged over 25mpg on the highway, not too bad for a big sport ute."

Best V6 SUV

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "A great all purpose vehicle."

Cons: "Not one"

"We needed a truck or SUV to pull our new boat. After a great deal of research we decided on the Durango. It pulls our 19' Jet Boat with ease. Even on steep ramps we have never had an issue. Towing or not, the ride is just fantastic. The quiet cabin and smooth ride, makes us glad we didn't choose a truck. A great choice for long trips too."

Best SUV I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Very little out of pocket expenses in 2+ years"

Cons: "Automatic dimming dashboard lights."

"Very low maintenance cost, basically to take it to the dealership for "free" oil changes every 3,000 miles. Excellent quality and reliability. The 3.6L V6 24 valve VVT engine towed my 6,000lb trailer pretty handily, only steep hills seemed to slow it down. My only regret is not getting the electronic controlled driver side seat."

It's been in the shop 3 times in 10 months

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "nice features, major warranty covers rental car"

Cons: "seems to break frequently"

"At mile 56 the Power Train Contol module failed. It took 16 days to have this fixed. Multiple calls to dodge, the dealership and many, many others in between. Car was not replaced but was repaired. A/C would turn on and change temperature on it's own. First visit to the dealership they couldn't find a problem. Second visit when the video was shown I was told this is suppose to happen. The car is designed so to drive with the windows up. If I have the windows down and say a truck passes by and blows hot air in the A/C will turn on to compensate. When I showed video of the rear temp chaning from low cool to high heat in the middle of a summer heat wave I was told this was normal. The temperature in the rear of the car is too cold so the car automatically compensates for the temp differance. Meanwhile my infant is sweating in the back. A/C is being fixed. Owned to car 10 months. It's been in the shop for a total of 24 days so far."

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Looks, performance, value..."

Cons: "Gas mileage, low front grill..."

"Pros: Style is sleek, interior is roomy, comfortable and tech friendly, ride is smooth and engine (I have the V6) has all the power I need. Also like the ease of seat changing which is important with the 3rd row. I test drove the Traverse and new Explorer also and liked the looks, handling and functionality of the Durango better and also found it to be a bit of a better value. Very impressed with the improvements Dodge made it is year off ('10) for redesign. Cons: gas mileage so far has been under the guidelines. Front grill panel is too low to the road (easly to damage plastic bottom due to lack of clearance)"

Great family Car

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Technology within the vehicle"

Cons: "Gas Milage even w/VVT, road noise, reaview sight"

"I really like this vehicle. 3RD row seating is a must for our family and the storage space available with the 3rd row in use is the best we've ever had. I wish I had the 8 speed trasnmission because the 5 speed is not really very good with the HEMI. But hey, It's got a HEMI!! It's difficult to see around you using only the rear view mirror, but the blind spot indicator is really helpfull."

Great choice for performance Suv

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Power, technology, Great looks and well designed"

Cons: "None yet"

"I researched for 2 months the best bang for my buck around a well built suv that offers both Performance, technology and value. The 2014 Durango RT is awesome and delivers a tremendous performance for the dollar. High tech, quality feel and great looks are all blended into this Suv. I bought this for my wife but get behind the wheel often. No regrets. So far we LOVE our new Durango!"

Best SUV every

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Best ride for an SUV, more like a car than truck"

"Purchase 2013 Durango SXT in April 2013 to replace my older 2004 Hemi that had 252,000 miles. Performance, ride and quality far improved over older Durango designs. Chrysler / Fiat did a fine job on this new chassis design also shared by the Jeep Grand Cherokee."

Very nice ride

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "none so far"

"i just buy 2013 Durango i love the nice espace inside ride very smooth i have the V6 pentastar nice motor so far need litle more power but no complains to new to tell you more but so far niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Truck for the money"

Dodge finally got it right!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Driving ease, drivetrain is excellent, fuel econ"

Cons: "Paint could be a bit better, some orange peel"

"Bought this vehicle new, tried Chevy, GMC and Buick, but needed 7 passenger to replace minivan capability third seat way too small and none drove as nice as the Durango. Looked at the Infinity JX, too expensive, small and no power, although presentation was nice. Looked at Toyota Highlander, too small, loud road noise, bubble lights looked terrible, no power, could not get wife interested in it. Dodge is averaging 20 mpg mixed, has over 3oo hp, has excellent driveability, spacious, AWD is handy in our last 14" snow - didn't slip a bit. Well equipped with everything available and reasonably priced. Completely satisfied with this purchase, now considering trade of my Silverado for new Ram - just made Motor Trend Truck of the year. Dodge is doing things right.....finally."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "Good looks, good gas milage, fun to drive."

Cons: "Front seats too narrow for big people."

"Very impressed with this vehicle, it's powerful (I have the V-6) and fun to drive. I am averaging 22 MPG combined City"

Best SUV I ever owned

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Gret Looks and fun to drive"

"Truly a SUV (Sport Utility) Traded in a Buick Enclave which also was a great vehicle. The Durango's fit and trim and options available on my Cidadel are superior to anything on the market today. My other car is a Corvette so I am used to performance and the Durango has that especially with the Hemi. Only owned it a month but did a lot of research before I purchased. I don't know wht Dodge does not advertise the Durango as it is HOT."

Great vehicle for our family of 5 and 24 mpg city

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "MPG - Room for 6 - ZOOM!! - sure footed -"

Cons: "put ac outlets in the back seat on all vehicles"

"When searching for a replacement for Camry, the criteria was seating for 5, I must be able to put my 6"4" body in front and back seats. The two captians chairs allow for easy access to the third row. The heated seats/steering wheel, and LARGE touch screen is great. The rear camera allows for flawless parking. Turn on the eco button and configurating the gas effiency meter and we are getting 24 mpg city - 28 mpg in comfort. Love the keyless entry and rotary shifter. Essentially it is a Grand Cherokee XL."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "seating capacity, comfort, great navi and Uconnect"

"Good looking, good running, not a single problem."

love it drives like a luxery car!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive roomy 3rd seat is great quiet"

"great suv love it has all the room i need and more great gas milage lots of power rides like a luxery car very quiet"

I love this thing

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, practical vehicle"

Cons: "recalls adding up aslow to get done, fron facia"

"Great gas mileage (24 mpg highway in summer, 17-18 around town in winter). Heated steering wheel Comfortable Plenty of room, 'v6 tows my smallish boat fine Early on in cold winter day, brakes seemed to hang and make noise when backing up. They came and picked it up on a flat bed, said no problem seen and it never happened again - all free, so I cannot complain. Front air dam is low and busted off in snow bank. Was worried about chrysler quality (been burned before) but so far so good except for recalls (see cons). Love the 8 speed auto, turn knob selector ok now that I am used to it and it is less intrusive. Not as cool as push buttons on old dodge darts though!"

Best SUV ever owned!

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Safety features are huge. Interior very comfy."

Cons: "Manual side mirrors."

"We decide that we wanted a SUV after attending the Baltimore Car Show in Feb. 2013. I have to admit I walked right pass the Durango, didn't even see it. Saw everything else and paid attention to what we saw. Getting home, we made our list of SUV's and what they offered.Then I came across the Durango and liked everything I read. So time for the test drive and we were in love! Rugged looks, comfortable interior and EVIC system is awesome! I cant tell you enough how much we have enjoyed driving our Citadel V6.It has so many conveniences, too many to mention and you feel safe in this thing. I only wish it had electric side mirrors. Other than that, totally happy! :)"

Best SUV I've ever owned

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

"My Durango is the best SUV I've ever owned. I pull a 3500 lb. boat with the 6 cylinder engine and can't even tell it's back there, even in the hills. It is comfortable, quiet and the fuel economy is unbelievable, considering the size of the vehicle. 20-21 mpg around town and 27-28 on the highway. Even pulling the boat I get an impressive 15-16 mpg, far better than friends with other brands. I've owned this Durango for 1 year and have had 0 problems except for a minor recall which was a computer reprogram that took about 5 minutes to correct. My friends are so impressed with the Durango that three of them have traded in their SUVs for new Durangos or Gran Cherokees. The only negative is that I hear Dodge is discontinuing the Durango in 2016, and I have one question: What could Dodge possibly be thinking?"

Okay car I guess

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride, plenty of room. Good in snow"

"First time I purchased an american made brand. Not terribly disappointed, but not overly happy with it either. It starts every morning and it gets me where I need to go, but it often hesitates when I accelerate (doesn't seem to know what gear to pick. The same happens when going up a slight incline. Rear shockbreaker broke and needs replacement (warranty). Chrysler seems to have a lot of issues with backorders and so far I have been waiting for a month. MPG experience is about 16-17 MPG on average. When driving highway, it gets as high as 21 MPG, but trips in town and stop and go traffic quickly reduces that to about 14-15 MPG. This car requires premium unleaded, so expect to open your wallet. Other than that, not a bad car, but for me, nothing really to write home about either."

An Unexpected Choice

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Pros: "tight turning radius, narrow body, ride quality"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I was looking for a 3-row SUV to replace our old minivan and unexpectedly found the Durango meeting almost all of the criteria, except for the gas mileage. I especially appreciate the narrow body and tight turning radius which make parking into garage and in parking lots much easier than other wide-body SUVs. In addition, the 3rd row seat has enough legroom for adults, the ride quality is balanced and smooth thanks to its rear-wheel drive, the rear-view camera with cross-traffic and lane-change detection are very useful, and the interior design and material are superior to its competitors."

Nice looking and that's it

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pros: "Nice looking"

Cons: "Heavy, needs more power"

"Very heavy,marginal handling with a full load (6 adults) lacks power, takes forever to accelerate from a standstill but once it reaches 4k rpm hold on so it is hard to control, brakes are marginal too, needs at least another 100 ponies or lower the weight like ford did with the F 150."

Been a great SUV. Power of a truck and functional

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "Fits 7 comfortably. Great in Utah winters."

Cons: "Not much cargo space with seats up."

"This was our step out of a minivan now that we have moved out of car seats. It had handled better than any vehicle we have own. I would definitely recommend this to anyone else needing room and functionality. Only drawback is the lack of cargo space behind the third row. Even that is better then most comparisons."