2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Transmission is a PROBLEM!!!

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, easy to handle"

Cons: "transmission"

"Love the comfort of my Citadel, but I owned the 2011 Dodge Citadel and the transmission went out at 32,000 miles & I am noticing that the 2013 that replaced my 2011 is showing the same problems and it only has 12,000 miles on it. The only reason I agreed to purchase the '13 was because I could not trade in my '11 in for something othr than a Dodge without a transmission. I was fairly stuck with either renting a car while they repaired my vehicle or suck up the loss and just drive away with a new one and hoped that it would be better. I was wrong. I should have demanded they fix mine and traded it in for something more reliable. I would love to know if anyone else is having this problem, because all I see are perfect scores???"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "I'm impressed with everything this vehicle offers."

Cons: "Haven't found anything I wish that it had."

"I researched SUV's prior to deciding to purchase my Durango. The restyling is right on point, the V6/8speed combo is exceptional. Have taken 2 road trips and the Durango is extremely comfortable. The interior made these trips quite effortless, from the Navigation System to the Sound System MOPAR got it right. When I'm not taking road trips, I use this vehicle as a commuter and average 23mpg, which is impressive compared to the 16mpg I use to get."

good looking suv

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "good on gas for big suv"

Cons: "no reese hitch on v6. not ipod friendly"

"Great suv. Good on gas, 22-25. Needs dual exhaust and gps as standard. Also ipod cant be downloaded to hard drive."

Best SUV ever owned!

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Safety features are huge. Interior very comfy."

Cons: "Manual side mirrors."

"We decide that we wanted a SUV after attending the Baltimore Car Show in Feb. 2013. I have to admit I walked right pass the Durango, didn't even see it. Saw everything else and paid attention to what we saw. Getting home, we made our list of SUV's and what they offered.Then I came across the Durango and liked everything I read. So time for the test drive and we were in love! Rugged looks, comfortable interior and EVIC system is awesome! I cant tell you enough how much we have enjoyed driving our Citadel V6.It has so many conveniences, too many to mention and you feel safe in this thing. I only wish it had electric side mirrors. Other than that, totally happy! :)"

The Durango is all it is advertised to be.....

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

"Maybe even more....we often get 25 mpg on the highway. Spacious interior and comfortable ride.....what more is there?"

Best SUV every

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Best ride for an SUV, more like a car than truck"

"Purchase 2013 Durango SXT in April 2013 to replace my older 2004 Hemi that had 252,000 miles. Performance, ride and quality far improved over older Durango designs. Chrysler / Fiat did a fine job on this new chassis design also shared by the Jeep Grand Cherokee."

Love It

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"I've had a Durango before and this one is world's apart from my 2004. Bought this in 2012 and I couldn't be happier. Only issue I would gripe about is the brakes squeek when backing out of my driveway first thing in the morning. The dealership told me that's normal but i've never had that problem before. Other than that, it's an excellent vehicle and looks great."

Best engineered full size suv

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Engineering and Design"

"We bought a loaded 2012 crew with the Hemi for a cross country camping trip, and we definitely made the right choice. All of the features were useful, well designed, comfortable, and worked perfectly. The kids actually wanted to drive longer and never once asked are we there yet. It was a pleasure to drive for many miles with six passengers on board and trailer in tow. I have owned many vehicles both foreign and domestic and can honestly say that this is one full size SUV worth keeping!"

Very nice ride

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "none so far"

"i just buy 2013 Durango i love the nice espace inside ride very smooth i have the V6 pentastar nice motor so far need litle more power but no complains to new to tell you more but so far niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Truck for the money"

best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

"Best new car I ever owned. Owed it for two years never had a problem The only service was Oil&filter&tire rotation"

Great SUV for road trips and daily driving

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Perfect size, MPG, great driving dynamics for SUV"

Cons: "paint quality"

"Put on over 5K miles this year on road trips so far. Can't think of a better SUV to travel. The V6 offers plenty of power. Been averaging about 75 mph on the interstates with 2 adults, 2 teens and 2 weeks worth of luggage, averaging nearly 25 mpg. It's comfortable for the 8+ hour drives between the next stop. We use this as our main DD and average about 16 mpg around town, which is OK with the short drives. Overall, it's been excellent so far. I'm not sure what I'd replace with it if I had to get a new vehicle. There are a few small issues: 1. It's extremely difficult to remove any bug/road stains off the white paint. Even with multiple waxing, nothing comes off the paint without major scrubbing. 2. There a a handful of paint chips/imperfections throught out the body. Most can be fixed with touch up, but paint quality seems to be an issue. 3. There is an annoying rattle/click somewhere near the front of the drive side. Seems to rattle more with throttle. Multiple dealers still can't figure it out and have replaced a shock thinking it was defective. Still rattles."

Dodge finally got it right!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Driving ease, drivetrain is excellent, fuel econ"

Cons: "Paint could be a bit better, some orange peel"

"Bought this vehicle new, tried Chevy, GMC and Buick, but needed 7 passenger to replace minivan capability third seat way too small and none drove as nice as the Durango. Looked at the Infinity JX, too expensive, small and no power, although presentation was nice. Looked at Toyota Highlander, too small, loud road noise, bubble lights looked terrible, no power, could not get wife interested in it. Dodge is averaging 20 mpg mixed, has over 3oo hp, has excellent driveability, spacious, AWD is handy in our last 14" snow - didn't slip a bit. Well equipped with everything available and reasonably priced. Completely satisfied with this purchase, now considering trade of my Silverado for new Ram - just made Motor Trend Truck of the year. Dodge is doing things right.....finally."

Truly the best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, power, features, looks, ride"

Cons: "vehcle must be running for rear power outlet?"

"I purchased the Citadel with a Hemi and all options except the captain seats. The day I drove it home, I received two compliments on the appearance of the vehicle. One guy even followed me when I exited the highway to make sure of the make and model. "that is really an awesome car". He was driving an Escalade. I have received many other compliments and inquiries. There are not a lot of them on the road. That's cool too. The bluetooth is there for my Iphone, my sons Ipad and pandora and someone else can watch a dvd at the same time. The addaptive cruise control is phenominal when on a long trip. The Hemi has plenty of passing power. The vehicle is so quiet. It seems to float down the highway. Just load one up and buy it. You won't be disappointed."

Greatest overlooked SUV

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Before the Durango I had an Infinity FX 35 and a GMC Acadia. This Durango has them beat. The engineering and the features are the greatest and work flawlessly. It's a dream to own."

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"we traded a 2007 Tahoe for our Durango and haven't looked back. My wife loves it and its a fun car to drive. Not to mention the fuel mileage. Always stays in the twenties MPG!"

Great Car!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, smooth turning"

Cons: "low front profile scapes on curbs/parking blocks"

"Bought new in October - what can I say? Great car, cushy ride, quiet interior. Leather is nice and soft, back seat fits my 13 year old comfortably. If you want better gas mileage - go with the V6."

CITADEL, AWD, HEMI, 7 seats, need I say more...

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "HEMI POWER, Adaptive Cruise Control. Awesome truck"

Cons: "Oil Change not set interval it asks for oil change"

No words needed.

"I bought my fully loaded 2012 Citadel new for a steal and set out on a long road trip, after 102 hours behind the wheel and over 6000 miles, I can say I have tried all things possible: below freezing temps, snow, sand, mud, and rain and endurance 2100 miles stopping only to fuel it and the family. Comfort is beyond, my 6 month pregnant wife, 4 and 6 year olds all liked the heated seats and tri-zone climate control just to name a few things. I love the traffic and weather live updates. Also auto everything, headlights (to include high beam off and on), wipers, blind spot, forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control all I have to do is steer. Minus is the oil change interval is determined by the truck, by speed, time idling, and time in general, not by milage. Oil change average 30-ish dollars, not bad."

No words needed.

Love my car!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great MPG for an SUV. Rides smooth."

Cons: "Touchy gas cap."

"I rarely would rate a vehicle this high. I had a 2010 Ford Expedition before my 2011 Durango and thought I loved that car. The drive in this vehicle is comfortable, reliable and fun. I purchase this Durango new and feel that I received a great value for the Express model. I have the back up sensors, parking camera, moon roof and towing package. Towing is great, it's got wonderful power. Driving on the highway for a long trip is comfortable. The third row seat is roomy. My only gripe was that my check engine light would come on when I didn't close my gas cap as directed. You have to stop just at the click, not beyond, or the light will come on. I average 18.8 mpg and have recently gotten 23.8 on a 5 1/2 hour trip. Hope my satisfaction continues. This is a sharp and fun vehicle. Highly recommend. I was not a fan of Dodge. I am now!"

Great SUV

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive for an SUV"

Cons: "slow acceleration, sits higher than a car"

"I bought a 2013 AWD Dodge Durango Crew three weeks ago because of the cargo room, third row seat, second row captian chairs option, AWD option and towing package option. I chose the captians chairs because they felt more comfortable than the bench and also allows easy access to the third row. Also the manufacturers towing package has some engine upgrades that you won't get if the towing package is after market. I did get the back-up camera and it is the feature that I love the most. GET THE BACK UP CAMERA, you won't be sorry."

LONG TIME WAITING

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Great price for all the features, gadgets, & value"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"I have been looking at several vehicles. I almost got the 2012 early this year but I'm glad I waited for the 2013. The features of the crew is the best. More than I can ask for epecially for being a techy guy. Most dealers wanted 36-42k for the this SUV, but I found a local dealer that sold it for $32600 out the door. I love this Durango!"

Very nice drivingand ashort turning radius.

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Very nice suv overall"

Cons: "seat molding"

"Ilike my Durango except the molding around the seat keeps breaking. It handles very well in snow and on dry roads. we get 24-26mpg, so I can't complain about anything but the seat. i like my Durango"

No buyer's remorese :)

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "no lumbar support for passenger."

"the first time I actually did my homework before purchasing a car. I am a lifetime BMW driver, and after purchasing a new 3series, first baby was on the way. After one year of struggling with car seat and stroller, I decided it was time for a SUV. I test drove the BMW SUV of course, but found it still too small. I then decided to expand my views elsewhere. Honda, Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, then here we are. Absolutely love it. It is very spacious for us, we are all tall in the family, average 5'11" so leg room is very important. The handling is quite different for me compared to my previous car, but it is a smooth ride and the safety, i.e. bluetooth, hands free, ect is very comforting for me as a a new mom. Also, after working 12 hours, it is great not to have to bend down to get into a car. I strongly recommend this car. Haven't had any issues yet, (besides the salesman who really got me good, don't buy a car after working 12 hours!)."

Won me over from the imports

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Great cruiser, very practical for an active family"

Cons: "Transmission tuned for fuel economy, not speed"

"I looked at Honda Pilot, Ford Explorer and GMC Acadia as alternatives. We ruled out Honda as our 08 Odyssey developed some problems that dealer did not handle well. The Durango's handling and incredible stereo won me over from the other two good options. From day one, I was very impressed by the ride and handling. The power of the V6 was weak at first but as it has broken in it seems to have come to life and is more eager to rev. However, the transmission is sometimes slower to downshift than I would like. Interior quality is great. Features on my loaded crew model are a techies dream. GPS and subwoofer perform well. Paint quality on the exterior shows more "orange peel" texture than I think it should, but not enough to expect anyone to do anything about it. MPG is typically around 20mpg in mixed city/freeway driving, and I have a lead foot. I have seen around 24mpg on extended trips on 60mph backroads."

I love this truck!

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "Reasonal price, good gas mileage, nice base model"

Cons: "Rear shock went at 800 miles"

"Before this truck I owned a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, a 2008 Jeep Wrangler, and a 2011 Jeep Liberty and this is by far my favorite truck so far. Now the Durango is obviously not as fun as the Wrangler was but for a family hauler it cant be beat. This trucks engine is amazing! Its the perfect balance of power and fuel economy. The handling is very impressive and very carlike. Who knew a 5000 pound truck can ever handle like this? The styling is also very mean looking which is awesome! I can haul 7 people like a minivan can but still feel cool. The Durango also has crazy amount of space. I always have enough room to fit everything I need. I even was able to fit a stack of 10 foot 2x6's in it and close the back tailgate. Pretty impressive in my book. All in all, I love this truck!"

Love this rig!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Drives like a car, not a people hauler!"

Cons: "Very firm seats"

"I researched the 2012 Dodge Durango R/T extensively before buying and all reviews I read came down to a few negatives that made me wonder if buying one was a good idea. Many reviewers talked about the ride comfort being compromised with the sport tuned suspension. After driving both the Crew version and the R/T let me say that the main difference in the suspension is that when you hit a bump the Crew will disperse that bump so that you feel less at first and then continue to feel it a little less and then a little less until it is gone. With the R/T you feel the bump and it is gone immediately. It isn't jarring or disturbing unless you expect to feel absolutely no bumps on the road. (I should also clarify for all readers that my previous car was a 2001 Toyota Highlander, so if you are driving something considerably newer maybe the ride would feel different to you. It certainly is not a negative for me.) Gas mileage is the other negative listed in other reviews. We own two other Dodge's that have V-8 engines and I can say that neither of them come close to the 19 mpg highway I can get in this Durango due to the cylinder reduction of the engine. This feature even works in city driving. Pretty much anytime you are not actively stepping down on the gas it will reduce the number of cylinders. (Going up to stop signs, down hills, driving in a flat area, etc.) In straight city driving I would imagine this car would be somewhere between 15-17 miles per gallon. I don't know for sure because I have never done it. Being stuck in traffic idling for a long time would probably cause gas guzzling as well. (My V-6 Toyota would only get somewhere between 17 and 22 mpg, so this mileage seems pretty incredible for a V-8 engine that will haul 7.) Overall I love this vehicle! My main goal with a new car was to get something that was fun to drive with more room. My kids were getting too big to sit 3 across the backseat of my Toyota. My 9 year old would have to lift up his butt so that his siblings in booster seats could get buckled on either side. If need be I can put all three across the back seat of the Durango without the lifting up on the part of the middle passenger, but I haven't had to. It is nice to be able to space them out and the access to the 3rd seat is so easy the kids can do it. My favorite features are the feel of the car while driving, tight turning radius, sunroof, bluetooth, 3rd row seat, and the storage space under the floor behind the 3rd row. My kids love all the places to charge/plug in their electronics. The only small disappointment I have is that on a long drive the seats can be a bit uncomfortable. However, they are easily adjusted to take the pressure off the numb parts. This car is very well designed and planned out, plus I love that it was made in the good old USA! I gave it a 9 on value, but I should clarify we got ours for a great deal; it's just a lot of money to pay for a car regardless. Price wise stacked up against the competition it is very competitive, plus many of it's competitors don't even offer an eight cylinder engine."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next