2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Most SUV for the money. By far.

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG, Looks, Room, Handling"

Cons: "Finish of the cloth interior could be better."

"This SUV is way less expensive than most others out there. It looks awesome, has plenty of power in the V6, and is actually fun to drive. It corners well for an SUV. The next closest SUV I was looking at was about $10,000 more, and after comparing this to the others, there is no way they are $10,000 better. This is a great vehicle and for the size of the interior you can expect to spend a lot more for something else."

Great for a family

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "wonderful price,looks great,drives well"

Cons: "no step/running board to get into suv"

"I just got my car a week ago and bought it certified and I love it. I got the crew awd and my son who is almost 2 years old loves sitting up high and I have a baby on the way, who will be here shortly. When I took the car for a test drive I got in the third row(yes, I did 8 months pregnant and all) and I had plenty of room and that was very important to me because when my husband is driving and the kids are fussy I can go to the third row to make sure they are fine.There is alot of leg room in the second row plus I love the fact that there is an outlet in the second row so my son can watch his dvd. The voice connect works very well and I love the touch screen radio. The car gives you a lot for its money and it drives very well and looks great. I am so happy with this vehicle as it sits high, has great steering, and nice features including the rear view camera,fog lamps,blue tooth and sooo much more.. I can say that I am a proud owner, the trunk space is much bigger than the highlander and the acura mdx so Im glad i chose the durango cause at first I was skeptical about an american car as I use to have a toyota and my husband has nissan but OVERALL WE MADE A GREAT CHOOSE.... I HOPE THIS REVIEW HELPS:)"

Kept us alive

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"I was in an accident where I was hit from the passengers side in an intersection. I had 3 children ages 5 and under in my backseat. My Durango was knocked on its side slid and finally came back up resting on its wheels. All of us exited the vehicles with minor bumps and bruises. May I say by the Grace Of God"

Won me over from the imports

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Great cruiser, very practical for an active family"

Cons: "Transmission tuned for fuel economy, not speed"

"I looked at Honda Pilot, Ford Explorer and GMC Acadia as alternatives. We ruled out Honda as our 08 Odyssey developed some problems that dealer did not handle well. The Durango's handling and incredible stereo won me over from the other two good options. From day one, I was very impressed by the ride and handling. The power of the V6 was weak at first but as it has broken in it seems to have come to life and is more eager to rev. However, the transmission is sometimes slower to downshift than I would like. Interior quality is great. Features on my loaded crew model are a techies dream. GPS and subwoofer perform well. Paint quality on the exterior shows more "orange peel" texture than I think it should, but not enough to expect anyone to do anything about it. MPG is typically around 20mpg in mixed city/freeway driving, and I have a lead foot. I have seen around 24mpg on extended trips on 60mph backroads."

Dodge Durango Citadel is the best SUV in all areas

By on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pros: "You have to drive one to know that this is truly the best of the best"

"I tested Explorer, Highlander, Piliot, Arcadia, Traverse. None came close if your looking for a 5-7 passenger SUV - Inovation - style - Power (The V-8 Hemi turns to a powerful 4 cylinder when cruising and wil get 25 mpg) - Value - Comfort A Hybrid gets good gas mileage but is heavy and what happens to the battery when it dies? A Diesel is better for the environment than any Hybrid but it's a shame the clean Diesel SuV are so costly or would have preferred to buy. I am extremely happy and proud of my Durango that shows America can make great vehicles!!! Toyota or Honda had none of the high tech options the Citadel has."

Love my car!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great MPG for an SUV. Rides smooth."

Cons: "Touchy gas cap."

"I rarely would rate a vehicle this high. I had a 2010 Ford Expedition before my 2011 Durango and thought I loved that car. The drive in this vehicle is comfortable, reliable and fun. I purchase this Durango new and feel that I received a great value for the Express model. I have the back up sensors, parking camera, moon roof and towing package. Towing is great, it's got wonderful power. Driving on the highway for a long trip is comfortable. The third row seat is roomy. My only gripe was that my check engine light would come on when I didn't close my gas cap as directed. You have to stop just at the click, not beyond, or the light will come on. I average 18.8 mpg and have recently gotten 23.8 on a 5 1/2 hour trip. Hope my satisfaction continues. This is a sharp and fun vehicle. Highly recommend. I was not a fan of Dodge. I am now!"

The right one.

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"We own the Durango Crew and we love it. It really handles nice in the snow. I have gotten 26MPG, which is very surprising for a SUV. It turns very short and I can't say enough about it. The second row seats have plenty of room. The ride is very smooth. The wind does affect gas mileage like any other SUV. We have not noticed any wind noise. The seats arew very comfortable."

Great Car!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, smooth turning"

Cons: "low front profile scapes on curbs/parking blocks"

"Bought new in October - what can I say? Great car, cushy ride, quiet interior. Leather is nice and soft, back seat fits my 13 year old comfortably. If you want better gas mileage - go with the V6."

Nice Updated SUV with a HEMI

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, bigger than it looks, updated"

Cons: "lack of storage space"

"Coming from a Fully loaded Tahoe, I was very apprehensive about the room in the Durango, or lack there of. It is ridiculously spacious with great head and leg room. The ride is comfortable and equipped with the latest technoligies that a mom could ask for! DVD player, Navagation, Cruise Control, power everything, Reachable Rear Climate controls, etc. The negative to this vehicle is the storage space. With two small children, full size carseats, double stroller, baby bags, etc. I cannot make use of the thrid row seating because they need to be folded down to accomdate all the extra baggage. The one feature I LOVE is the that the doors swing FULLY open for easy access to back seats. There is no more, removing the third row seats to make room, they simply fold down flat with a simple pull of a cord. The comfort and drive are spectacular and it handles nice in all TEXAS weather conditions. Very responsive to turning and braking. I love that I no longer need to change my oil every 3000 miles. I can go up to 10K without changing. The pricing was a little sttep but you really get what you pay for! Overall, it was a good purchase!"

CITADEL, AWD, HEMI, 7 seats, need I say more...

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "HEMI POWER, Adaptive Cruise Control. Awesome truck"

Cons: "Oil Change not set interval it asks for oil change"

No words needed.

"I bought my fully loaded 2012 Citadel new for a steal and set out on a long road trip, after 102 hours behind the wheel and over 6000 miles, I can say I have tried all things possible: below freezing temps, snow, sand, mud, and rain and endurance 2100 miles stopping only to fuel it and the family. Comfort is beyond, my 6 month pregnant wife, 4 and 6 year olds all liked the heated seats and tri-zone climate control just to name a few things. I love the traffic and weather live updates. Also auto everything, headlights (to include high beam off and on), wipers, blind spot, forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control all I have to do is steer. Minus is the oil change interval is determined by the truck, by speed, time idling, and time in general, not by milage. Oil change average 30-ish dollars, not bad."

No words needed.

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"we traded a 2007 Tahoe for our Durango and haven't looked back. My wife loves it and its a fun car to drive. Not to mention the fuel mileage. Always stays in the twenties MPG!"

Greatest overlooked SUV

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Before the Durango I had an Infinity FX 35 and a GMC Acadia. This Durango has them beat. The engineering and the features are the greatest and work flawlessly. It's a dream to own."

Beautiful and hauls stuff

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pros: "Stylish, fantastic handling, quality for less money, growly engine"

Cons: "Outdated transmission"

"I just bought the R/T version with the leather group. The leather interior is black with red stitching and is extremely comfortable. I ended up with most of the options except for the dvd package or sunroof. It handles almost as nicely as the 2004 Mercedes s500 I traded in. The 5.7 Hemi is quick, but let's face it, it's an American SUV really meant to haul stuff. So, if you're looking for a race car, this is not it. If you're looking for a stylish, fun to drive SUV with some muscle, this is the one to have."

Dodge Durango Express AWD

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"I just bought a new 2011 Durango this week and I love it. I have owned 5 mini vans, a Suburban and a Traverse and this is the most stylish 7 seat vehicle on the road. The ride is awesome. You know you are in a truck with power but it's ride is smooth with tight handling. I have the convenience of a mini van with the looks of a "bad" SUV. I finally have a vehicle my 4 sons love to be picked up in with out being embarrassed and me, "Dad", feeling like a soccer mom. I feel cool again. I have the black with black interior base model Express but I have more standard options than other vehicles I paid extra for the upgraded versions. I am very pleased. I thought Dodge was dead. I never considered Dodge as an option for years. I could have bought nearly the whole line up. The Dodge Challenger, Charger would make this 48 year old Dad feel 10 years younger. Having Jeep and Chrysler all selling together under the same roof was a good move to save on overhead and provide many options for people of all likes to find something to suit them. Take a new look at Dodge. I am happy that I did."

Truly the best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, power, features, looks, ride"

Cons: "vehcle must be running for rear power outlet?"

"I purchased the Citadel with a Hemi and all options except the captain seats. The day I drove it home, I received two compliments on the appearance of the vehicle. One guy even followed me when I exited the highway to make sure of the make and model. "that is really an awesome car". He was driving an Escalade. I have received many other compliments and inquiries. There are not a lot of them on the road. That's cool too. The bluetooth is there for my Iphone, my sons Ipad and pandora and someone else can watch a dvd at the same time. The addaptive cruise control is phenominal when on a long trip. The Hemi has plenty of passing power. The vehicle is so quiet. It seems to float down the highway. Just load one up and buy it. You won't be disappointed."

Great Overall Product, Dodge has stepped up!

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, great standard features, comfortable"

"You get a lot for the money. Great value in the packages and add-ons. We looked at the Explorer, Pilot, Traverse, Armada, Acadia, and we chose the Durango. The fit and finish of the Durango seemed superior to the competition. The RWD was a plus. The interior is amazingly soft and attractive. Fun to drive, and has a great turning radius. Voice activated Navi works well, as compared to the very negatively reviewed MyFordTouch. We can't speak to reliabilty, it's too early to tell."

Best looking SUV on the market

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "A blast to drive. good power, lots of room!"

Cons: "trailer package not standard on Crew"

"We have owned our Durango crew for a litle over a month. We were looking at an explorer and highlander. Needed a 3row suv to transport 2 kids and 2 dogs. Decided to stop at the Dodge dealership just to test out a 3rd vehicle. We immediatly fell in love with the Durango. Our kids felt that they had the most room in the third row in the Durango. In my opinion its the best looking suv out there. We have a cabin in the mountains and we have been there 3 times already in our new Durango! It accelerates nicely on the hills (I have the V6). Does well off road in the mud and snow. I have been pleasently suprised with the gas mileage. We have been averaging between 20-22. On the highway we're getting close to 26! The uconnect system is great. Automatic high beams and automatic windshield wipers were also a nice suprise! If I had any complaints it would be that Dodge is really pushing the towing capacity yet my Durango with a 37k sticker price does not have a standard tow hitch! Didnt even realize that since i enjoyed everything else so much."

Once loyal Toyota owner, trades both in for TWO!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Ex. ride, handling, int. quality, looks & towing!"

Cons: "resale, Durango name & association with it"

"As a sales rep. and auto enthusiast, I drive and have owned many cars, this by far is the most under appreciated design on the market for the money! I was buying new Toyotas every year or 2, I traded my '11 Tundra Crew for my work Durango, 13' SXT Rallye AWD, love the handling, the interior design and quality, loved it so much, I traded my wife's '10 Venza Limited for a '13 Durango R/T AWD with every option, inc. the Adaptive cruise control (MB tech.) this is must have option. The car my wife had prior was a '06 MB R350 4Matic, this design and quality (also ML, GL class) are very much related, the dash, all the electronics, elec. key and keyless go, seats, layout inside and the 5 spd transmission on my SXT/main platform are all Mercedes tech. and borrowed parts, the trans, is borrowed directly from MB (not sure on the 6-spd in R/T, but great). The Toyotas would be more reliable, but nothing to complain about with the Dodge's so far, I have 38000+ on mine and 8000 on the wife's R/T. We still respect Toyota for what they build, but they had no vehicle in this tow class, we have a large boat and tow an enclosed trailer. The ride on the Durango is as good or better than the MB R Class, it's smoother. The R-Class had the air ride suspension, we traded it for a Toyota, after 2 trips to the dealer for the air ride pump, under warranty, but no local dealers. Dodge has a great vehicle here, hopefully the new ownership, Fiat, respect that and don't kill this heavily Daimler/MB influenced quality design they inherited with the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge-Ram buyout! Only issue is they should have changed the name, Durango to me, before, meant truck based unreliable SUV, I think it might hurt the resale due to that, though this Durango shares nothing with that uglier/aged design, luckily!"

LONG TIME WAITING

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Great price for all the features, gadgets, & value"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"I have been looking at several vehicles. I almost got the 2012 early this year but I'm glad I waited for the 2013. The features of the crew is the best. More than I can ask for epecially for being a techy guy. Most dealers wanted 36-42k for the this SUV, but I found a local dealer that sold it for $32600 out the door. I love this Durango!"

My favorite vehicle so far!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Size, gas mileage, looks, technology"

Cons: "The power for the V6, but the gas mileage makes up"

"I bought my Durango in August 2011. When I went to look at it, I was planning on buying a Ford Explorer or a GMC Acadia. I liked the technology of the Ford and the look of the Acadia. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the Durango. It has the technology and the looks. I have only had it for a few months, but I couldn't be happier with it. I would have to say it is my favorite vehicle so far! I love the adaptive cruise control and the blind spot monitor. They will be a must for any future vehicle that I will own. It also gets great gas mileage. I have found to be getting at least 23 and sometimes higher MPG and I drive 65 miles a day to and from work."

Love It

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"I've had a Durango before and this one is world's apart from my 2004. Bought this in 2012 and I couldn't be happier. Only issue I would gripe about is the brakes squeek when backing out of my driveway first thing in the morning. The dealership told me that's normal but i've never had that problem before. Other than that, it's an excellent vehicle and looks great."

No buyer's remorese :)

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "no lumbar support for passenger."

"the first time I actually did my homework before purchasing a car. I am a lifetime BMW driver, and after purchasing a new 3series, first baby was on the way. After one year of struggling with car seat and stroller, I decided it was time for a SUV. I test drove the BMW SUV of course, but found it still too small. I then decided to expand my views elsewhere. Honda, Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, then here we are. Absolutely love it. It is very spacious for us, we are all tall in the family, average 5'11" so leg room is very important. The handling is quite different for me compared to my previous car, but it is a smooth ride and the safety, i.e. bluetooth, hands free, ect is very comforting for me as a a new mom. Also, after working 12 hours, it is great not to have to bend down to get into a car. I strongly recommend this car. Haven't had any issues yet, (besides the salesman who really got me good, don't buy a car after working 12 hours!)."

Great suv

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Style and comfort."

"I traded a Buick Enclave for my Citadel what a wonderful choice I made. The Buick was a great car but I love my Durango. The Durango is a head turner for sure. Handles great and the features are perfect. I feel like a Queen in this car and will own it for a long time. Gas mileage has been great. My grown children actually like riding in it they love the style."

Loving the Durango

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "POWER, Transmission, quiet and smooth- FAST!!"

Cons: "Fold the 3rd row & it doesn't sit perfectly flush"

"I was always a Chevy guy- all my life with a short BMW 325Ci stint- and after driving a Tahoe for 11 years and 200,000 miles- Chevy served me well but $55,000 for a new Tahoe didn't seem like the way to go and to heck with the Traverse Equinox Acadia I'm sorry I used to drive an SUV so now I drive this all wheel drive minivan. I was sick of seeing all of this wanna-be SUV crossover junk and looked towards the Grand Cherokee but man- the trunk was tight. After some detailed research I bought a 2014 Durango Limited with the Hemi- and have been loving every minute of it. Yeah- it's Grand Cherokee with an extra 12 inches on it. Same guts, same assembly line, same dealer. For $40K- it wasn't cheap- but it's good value. Driving is a thrill- GET THE HEMI- the V6 had plenty of power- but man- get a big block V8 before the E.P.A. bans them. Yeah- 14 MPG around town, 20 on the highway, 15MPG avg since I got it a month ago PAYING FOR THE GAS IS WORTH THE THRILL THIS THING SCREAMS. This is by far the fastest vehicle I ever had- including an 01 BMW. Never saw myself as a Dodge guy- figured it would be a cold day in heck and I'd need to get a tattoo and start smoking- but they got this vehicle right, and this former Chevy guy is now a Dodge guy. I'm in construction and was worried about the AWD vs 4 Wheel Drive- cause I do a bit of off roading- well, guess what- this is the same transfer case as the Grand Cherokee- the Magna 3022 a.k.a. Quadra Trac II minus a computer program sequence. I'll put it this way- the "AWD" is functionally as good as the 4WD in my 2000 Tahoe- add a little traction and stability control, and a baboon could drive this thing well in the snow or mud. Frankly it's too perfect- I want to be able to get sideways (and you can, just turn off the traction control). In short, it's a well made, well mannered, civilized brute, with more space than the Grand Cherokee at the same price. Go buy one."

Best engineered full size suv

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Engineering and Design"

"We bought a loaded 2012 crew with the Hemi for a cross country camping trip, and we definitely made the right choice. All of the features were useful, well designed, comfortable, and worked perfectly. The kids actually wanted to drive longer and never once asked are we there yet. It was a pleasure to drive for many miles with six passengers on board and trailer in tow. I have owned many vehicles both foreign and domestic and can honestly say that this is one full size SUV worth keeping!"