2011 Dodge Durango

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Dodge Durango Express AWD

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"I just bought a new 2011 Durango this week and I love it. I have owned 5 mini vans, a Suburban and a Traverse and this is the most stylish 7 seat vehicle on the road. The ride is awesome. You know you are in a truck with power but it's ride is smooth with tight handling. I have the convenience of a mini van with the looks of a "bad" SUV. I finally have a vehicle my 4 sons love to be picked up in with out being embarrassed and me, "Dad", feeling like a soccer mom. I feel cool again. I have the black with black interior base model Express but I have more standard options than other vehicles I paid extra for the upgraded versions. I am very pleased. I thought Dodge was dead. I never considered Dodge as an option for years. I could have bought nearly the whole line up. The Dodge Challenger, Charger would make this 48 year old Dad feel 10 years younger. Having Jeep and Chrysler all selling together under the same roof was a good move to save on overhead and provide many options for people of all likes to find something to suit them. Take a new look at Dodge. I am happy that I did."

Most SUV for the money. By far.

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG, Looks, Room, Handling"

Cons: "Finish of the cloth interior could be better."

"This SUV is way less expensive than most others out there. It looks awesome, has plenty of power in the V6, and is actually fun to drive. It corners well for an SUV. The next closest SUV I was looking at was about $10,000 more, and after comparing this to the others, there is no way they are $10,000 better. This is a great vehicle and for the size of the interior you can expect to spend a lot more for something else."

LONG TIME WAITING

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Great price for all the features, gadgets, & value"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"I have been looking at several vehicles. I almost got the 2012 early this year but I'm glad I waited for the 2013. The features of the crew is the best. More than I can ask for epecially for being a techy guy. Most dealers wanted 36-42k for the this SUV, but I found a local dealer that sold it for $32600 out the door. I love this Durango!"

No buyer's remorese :)

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "no lumbar support for passenger."

"the first time I actually did my homework before purchasing a car. I am a lifetime BMW driver, and after purchasing a new 3series, first baby was on the way. After one year of struggling with car seat and stroller, I decided it was time for a SUV. I test drove the BMW SUV of course, but found it still too small. I then decided to expand my views elsewhere. Honda, Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, then here we are. Absolutely love it. It is very spacious for us, we are all tall in the family, average 5'11" so leg room is very important. The handling is quite different for me compared to my previous car, but it is a smooth ride and the safety, i.e. bluetooth, hands free, ect is very comforting for me as a a new mom. Also, after working 12 hours, it is great not to have to bend down to get into a car. I strongly recommend this car. Haven't had any issues yet, (besides the salesman who really got me good, don't buy a car after working 12 hours!)."

Loving the Durango

By on Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pros: "POWER, Transmission, quiet and smooth- FAST!!"

Cons: "Fold the 3rd row & it doesn't sit perfectly flush"

"I was always a Chevy guy- all my life with a short BMW 325Ci stint- and after driving a Tahoe for 11 years and 200,000 miles- Chevy served me well but $55,000 for a new Tahoe didn't seem like the way to go and to heck with the Traverse Equinox Acadia I'm sorry I used to drive an SUV so now I drive this all wheel drive minivan. I was sick of seeing all of this wanna-be SUV crossover junk and looked towards the Grand Cherokee but man- the trunk was tight. After some detailed research I bought a 2014 Durango Limited with the Hemi- and have been loving every minute of it. Yeah- it's Grand Cherokee with an extra 12 inches on it. Same guts, same assembly line, same dealer. For $40K- it wasn't cheap- but it's good value. Driving is a thrill- GET THE HEMI- the V6 had plenty of power- but man- get a big block V8 before the E.P.A. bans them. Yeah- 14 MPG around town, 20 on the highway, 15MPG avg since I got it a month ago PAYING FOR THE GAS IS WORTH THE THRILL THIS THING SCREAMS. This is by far the fastest vehicle I ever had- including an 01 BMW. Never saw myself as a Dodge guy- figured it would be a cold day in heck and I'd need to get a tattoo and start smoking- but they got this vehicle right, and this former Chevy guy is now a Dodge guy. I'm in construction and was worried about the AWD vs 4 Wheel Drive- cause I do a bit of off roading- well, guess what- this is the same transfer case as the Grand Cherokee- the Magna 3022 a.k.a. Quadra Trac II minus a computer program sequence. I'll put it this way- the "AWD" is functionally as good as the 4WD in my 2000 Tahoe- add a little traction and stability control, and a baboon could drive this thing well in the snow or mud. Frankly it's too perfect- I want to be able to get sideways (and you can, just turn off the traction control). In short, it's a well made, well mannered, civilized brute, with more space than the Grand Cherokee at the same price. Go buy one."