2011 Dodge Durango

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

I love it...

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Wish I knew it came in Mango tango...I would have picked that color. Have 3rd row seating...wish headrest would not be on the third row...blocks some of rear view. And mine has black interior..some floor mats would have been nice."

Good Car - Have had it for 3 months

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"This vehicle looks nice and rides very smooth. I like the dashboard features that come with the basic model; the amount of space is nice too. I don't get as good of gas milage as I would like; I get on average 19 mpg highway, but have gotten up to 21. I did have to have my Durango in to replace parts for my A/C shortly after I bought the car, and was not too thrilled by that. Another thing I worry about is that I may end up breaking the fog lights and the piece that holds them out when going through snow this winter (South Dakota winters are not very friendly!). That part rides a little too low in my opinion and could be designed higher like the old Durangos, and made with higher quality material (have a fog light already out of place in my Durango)."

More bang for your buck.

By on Friday, October 2, 2015

Pros: "Price, exterior, interior, handeling, fuel,"

Cons: "more standard features, no backup camera"

One more for our Dodge family.

"Im in my mid 30's and needed a "family" car. I didn't want a big ole SUV. The new 2015 Durango design was what drew me in. I got the SXT Rallye blacktop edition I like how it looks mean but gentle enough for my little princess to ride in. The fuel is great on this. I took it on a mini road trip the ride is smooth as butter as one of my passengers stated at high speeds. The interior is great love all of it. Cons.... I wished my SXT Rallye black top would of came with Standard Nav installed, power liftgate, and I really needed a back up camera. But other than that its an awesome SUV."

One more for our Dodge family.

Best SUV I've ever owned

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

"My Durango is the best SUV I've ever owned. I pull a 3500 lb. boat with the 6 cylinder engine and can't even tell it's back there, even in the hills. It is comfortable, quiet and the fuel economy is unbelievable, considering the size of the vehicle. 20-21 mpg around town and 27-28 on the highway. Even pulling the boat I get an impressive 15-16 mpg, far better than friends with other brands. I've owned this Durango for 1 year and have had 0 problems except for a minor recall which was a computer reprogram that took about 5 minutes to correct. My friends are so impressed with the Durango that three of them have traded in their SUVs for new Durangos or Gran Cherokees. The only negative is that I hear Dodge is discontinuing the Durango in 2016, and I have one question: What could Dodge possibly be thinking?"

Been a great SUV. Power of a truck and functional

By on Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pros: "Fits 7 comfortably. Great in Utah winters."

Cons: "Not much cargo space with seats up."

"This was our step out of a minivan now that we have moved out of car seats. It had handled better than any vehicle we have own. I would definitely recommend this to anyone else needing room and functionality. Only drawback is the lack of cargo space behind the third row. Even that is better then most comparisons."

Great looking and comfortable. I feel safe.

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Stylish and comfortable with all the electronics."

Cons: "Fuel economy in town."

Style and comfort with a boss engine.

"This is my dream car. I have to sell it because my finances have changed. This car would make a great family vehicle and also a great vehicle to drive your clients around. I have owned many cross over vehicle and I have not enjoyed this one far more than any of the others. The only negative is the gas mileage in town. I now do more in town driving because I am retired."

Style and comfort with a boss engine.

My first lemon

By on Saturday, April 2, 2016

Pros: "Loaded Citadel thats Fun to drive, Looks great"

Cons: "8 speed transmission constantly slips"

"After having this car made to order at the 30 mile mark, the whole back end came out. Little did I know that this would be the start of all this vehicles issues I never thought were possible. The brakes were never the same after they attempted to repair the back end twice. When I stop the vehicle it sounds like an old metal can coming to a stop. My navigation went crazy while I was on vacation and it took me and my family to another side of Virginia while traveling from New York. And one of the most important problems for this vehicle is that the 8 speed transmission,constantly slips while your driving. The dealership has no fix for it, but wont say that to you."

50,000 miles and extremely satisfied

By on Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pros: "Best car I've ever owned over 39 years of driving"

Cons: "Boomy stereo, resale is fair at best"

"I am an engineer who took a new job approximately 18 months ago that requires me to travel extensively for work using my own vehicle. Sometimes I carry clients to dinner or job sites while other times I carry work-related cargo that requires a relatively spacious vehicle. Additionally, I knew that I would be driving long distances, often traveling in the evening after a long day. So, I wanted something with adaptive cruise control and automated collision warning systems plus excellent headlights to reduce my fatigue and enhance safety. It needed to be reasonably spacious as I am a relatively big person at 6'2" and 220 pounds and my associate who travels with me frequently is 6'7". Finally, I wanted something relatively fuel efficient for its size because my mileage reimbursement is the same whether I get 15 or 30 mpg, while still having decent power. After studying the vehicles available, I bought a 2014 Durango Citadel V-6 RWD with the Tech Package. It also came with the rear buckets, which I might have otherwise skipped but it was the least optioned Citadel with Tech Package and black interior I could locate in my area. (I find that I can't keep a tan interior looking clean.) After 18 months and 50,000 miles, I have come to love my Durango and feel I made the right choice. Compared to my previous vehicle, a 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche, the Durango feels downright nimble. The independent rear suspension keeps it on track even on rough roads and the ride is firm but not harsh. It seems to drive smaller than it is. I've had exactly two problems, neither of which I consider a big deal. First, the Malfunction Indicator Light came on around 40k miles although it was running fine. I finally got it to the dealer about 500 miles later and it turned out to be a faulty oil pressure sensor. The service writer at the dealer noted that they had seen about 15 other Pentastar V-6s with the same problem. He also noted that the replacement part was a different part number and had been revised by Chrysler. Consequently, he said it was unlikely the problem would occur again. It was repaired under warranty and should be covered by the 5/100 powertrain warranty if if occurs again. The other problem I noted at about the 30k miles was that one of the taillights had accumulated moisture inside. The dealer replaced the entire taillight housing, also under warranty. Other than those things, it has been as reliable as the sunrise. The car has been squeak and rattle-free so far. The upgraded Napa leather that comes with the Citadel trim (I think it's optional on the R/T) still looks like new, especially on the outside driver seat bolster where I slide in and out. My Avalanche, by comparison, suffered considerable wear on this area. Living in the southeastern US, I really like the ventilated seats. The effect is subtle; you don't really feel a blast of air on your backside. But, it keeps your back and posterior from getting all sweaty. I also like the heated wheel, which comes as a surprise. It gets toasty in a hurry. The seats themselves are pretty firm, but I find them to be supportive for seven or eight hour trips. I find the V-6 to have plenty of power for my needs. I test drove the Hemi and it's quite sweet, but I didn't think it was so much better that I could justify the increase in fuel consumption. I like the way the Pentastar sounds when it's winding up, it's a pleasant growl. The 8 speed transmission works very smoothly, but it does take a moment to drop several gears if you make a sudden call for acceleration. Once it finally drops to the right gear, it gets up and goes quite nicely. The fuel economy has gotten better as the car has accumulated miles and gotten broken in. If you can keep the speed down to below 75 mph, it gets great highway mileage. I routinely get 26 to 28 mpg on long trips. If I use the adaptive cruise control and get behind a semi doing 65-70 mph, I can get 30 mpg. However, if you are driving in the upper 70s to 80 mph and/or are in hilly country the mileage goes down to the low 20s. It's amazing the difference 5 mph makes. If you go much over around 73 mph, the transmission drops from super-duper overdrive 8th gear to super overdrive 7th. If you are in hilly country or risking a speeding ticket, it will hold 7th even downhill, presumably as part of the programming to keep it from hunting between gears. No car is perfect, so there are a few things I might change. First the stereo makes a lot of bass, but the crossover must be pretty high because it's obvious it's coming from the subwoofer in the back. One review summed it up pretty well when they noted it was like living next door to a disco. Some tracks (such as "Whiskey" by Marian Hill) give it fits to the point that I had to turn the bass down. That said, when I am alone in the car I sometimes play it pretty loud... The GPS works okay, but when you ask it to search for POIs it only gives you the distance but not direction. So, if you ask it for the nearest McDonald's, for example, it may tell you the nearest one is 3 miles away but you don't know if that's in front of you or behind. I wish you could search along the route and it would indicate if it's ahead or behind. I know they can do this because the fuel prices app tells you this. The trim plate at the edge of the cargo area looks like metal but it's really just metallic-looking plastic. It's all scarred up from sliding cases and luggage in and out of the back. Real metal or less scuff-prone plastic without the faux metal look would be preferable. Finally, the biggest problem is one of perception. The Dodge nameplate is not very upscale and Chrysler is not known for its stellar reliability. While I am not particularly worried about driving a prestigious brand, the resale value doesn't appear to be the greatest for these reasons. This is offset, however, by the fact that I was able to get the car at a reasonably big discount relative to MSRP. So, I don't think I will take too much of a beating but I would not buy unless given a good deal to compensate for mediocre resale compared to a Toyota or Honda. Overall, though, it's been smooth, fast, economical, comfortable, and reliable. The adaptive cruise control makes long trips on crowded interstates vastly less tiring and the forward collision warning has been useful once or twice while giving few false alarms. If a meteorite fell out of the sky and smashed it tonight, I would go buy another one tomorrow."

Okay car I guess

By on Friday, August 1, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride, plenty of room. Good in snow"

"First time I purchased an american made brand. Not terribly disappointed, but not overly happy with it either. It starts every morning and it gets me where I need to go, but it often hesitates when I accelerate (doesn't seem to know what gear to pick. The same happens when going up a slight incline. Rear shockbreaker broke and needs replacement (warranty). Chrysler seems to have a lot of issues with backorders and so far I have been waiting for a month. MPG experience is about 16-17 MPG on average. When driving highway, it gets as high as 21 MPG, but trips in town and stop and go traffic quickly reduces that to about 14-15 MPG. This car requires premium unleaded, so expect to open your wallet. Other than that, not a bad car, but for me, nothing really to write home about either."

Extremely happy with purchase!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

"I own the 2014 Durango SXT AWD. Incredible vehicle! I bought this for many reasons: roominess, appearance (man, this thing looks cool), driving comfort, towing capacity, power, versatility, fuel economy, affordability, blue-tooth, and quiet ride. Best vehicle I've ever owned, period. Dodge has created a luxury-feel SUV but with an affordable price tag. Also looked at Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, and Chevy Traverse. After extensive online research, went to test drive the Durango and LOVED it immediately. Only problems: 1) radio malfunctioned and needed to be replaced, 2) transmission shifts rough between 1-3 gears after initial start up. Smooths out after warming up. I've learned not to push it too soon and to accelerate slow and easy to allow smoother shifting. Transmission does seem to "think" too much. I've installed running boards, mud flaps, Husky floor liners, and a bug guard. Now looks like a custom, sporty SUV instead of a base model. I love that I can use to transport our 3 dogs around, then flip the 3rd row up for more passengers. I can also haul large cargo by flipping down 2nd row and it acts like a truck bed. Best of all, the Durango rides smooth and quiet at cruising speeds. My wife loves it! Great sound system, too. Lastly, the rear racetrack tail light is super stylish and unique."

Excellent vehicle.

By on Sunday, February 1, 2015

"Have no issue or problems since I purchased this vehicle brand new."

Love It

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Power, Perfect Size"

Cons: "Gas Mileage is not great, but better than some"

"Fun ride. Power and style. Perfect size with plenty of passenger and cargo space, but not too big for a lady to handle. Also great for the husband who enjoys the towing package and the Hemi. When I am ready I will likely buy a new one and keep it as a back up. Haved owned Mercedes, Toyota 4-Runner and other vehicles, but this is my favorite so far."

Manufacture Defect!!!

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "not reliable"

"There has been problem after problems with this car. We are in the mix of lemon laws to get this car to the junk yard and off the road. And reimbursed for all the headaches and grief!"

I love this thing

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, practical vehicle"

Cons: "recalls adding up aslow to get done, fron facia"

"Great gas mileage (24 mpg highway in summer, 17-18 around town in winter). Heated steering wheel Comfortable Plenty of room, 'v6 tows my smallish boat fine Early on in cold winter day, brakes seemed to hang and make noise when backing up. They came and picked it up on a flat bed, said no problem seen and it never happened again - all free, so I cannot complain. Front air dam is low and busted off in snow bank. Was worried about chrysler quality (been burned before) but so far so good except for recalls (see cons). Love the 8 speed auto, turn knob selector ok now that I am used to it and it is less intrusive. Not as cool as push buttons on old dodge darts though!"

Comfortable and Refined Boat Tower

By on Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pros: "Ride, towing, seats, dash, quiet, turning radius"

Cons: "Has needed several software updates"

Rest stop on a fishing trip up north.

"We purchased a 2014 Durango Limited V6 All Wheel Drive. My wife and I wanted a vehicle that provided comfortable seats, smooth car-like ride, plenty of cargo space, and excellent towing ability. We have a 3,000 pound fishing boat that we tow to fishing spots in Minnesota and Wisconsin each summer. We looked at Durango, Enclave, Explorer, Pathfinder, Santa Fe, and Traverse. In addition, we looked at the Ram 1500 which my wife was leaning toward. In the end, we both agreed that the Durango best met all our needs, and after 13000 miles, we are very satisfied with our decision. We average 24.6 MPG highway without the boat, which is helped by the smooth 8-speed transmission. We got the tow package which I highly recommend."

Rest stop on a fishing trip up north.

Durango Citidal

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Looks, power, great sound system"

Cons: "none that i can think of"

"My first dodge vehicle. Did'nt ever think I would have one cause I am a chevy guy. This suv has greatly exceeded my expectations! The durango citidal is awesome. I only have driven it about 350 miles and is in love with it so far. Quiet, very upscale interior, and the sound system sounds veryyyy good. It has plenty power with the V6. I had narrowed my choices to this and the acura mdx. I choose durango cause it just looks soo much better to me."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"We have a 2011 Durango Heat. It's been a great vehicle so far, no issues. Very comfortable, drives very nice. Get a lot of compliments on the styling. Would definitely buy again."

The best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"This is a great car. Very well designed and engineered. A European style driving experience. Handles well and the technology is awesome. Very reliable as I have properly maintained it. I am impressed with every feature on this car. I love the ventilated seats and the blind spot warning. I will never forget this car."

Excellent Vehicle. Highly Recommended

By on Sunday, January 3, 2016

Pros: "Great utility and comfort."

Cons: "Nav System standard is anemic auto industry fare."

"Quiet comfortable ride, excellent handling for class of vehicle. Plenty of power (5.7 Hemi), great hauling/cargo capacity, very comfortable seats and plenty of interior room even in the 3rd row seat. I've had absolutely no problems with my car (purchased October 2013) whatsoever. Sharp looking all round, nicely finished interior appointments...just a really well done vehicle. Great for long distance family trips, fishing/hunting trips, canoe hauling, mild "off-roading" and regular suburbia day to day use. I haven't towed with it yet. This is my favorite car so far and I've had a lot of vehicles over the past 47 years. For all the hype, Nav system doesn't "blow my hair back". It's okay...but my phone does a better job of it to be honest. With that said, this is the 4th built in navigation system I've had (300C, Lexus RX350, Lincoln MKX previously) and this one is as good as the others. I don't know why the manufacturers don't cough up a few extra bucks for a decent CPU in these things. If you're looking for a gas sipper, this is not the car for you (overall for my lead foot about 17.5 MPG). Otherwise, if you after well styled utility and the solid feel that only comes with a large vehicle, this will float your boat for sure!"

Exciting

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "Looks fantastic, great electronics, fun to drive"

Cons: "Driver leg room if you are tall, gas mileage"

"Very simply put. I wanted a Dodge Charger R/T but my practical side said in the North East I still need a hefty SUV. This vehicle has given me a taste of both worlds. It is fun to drive with its racy feel and it is practical when I need it to be. I am 6'5" and I am surprisingly having a slight problem with my right leg, I either could use a little more back tilt on the seat or about one more inch leg room. A small price to pay for a very exciting to drive vehicle."

Buying new vehicles since 1980. Best one yet.

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pros: "Look, Performance, Mileage, Value, Space, Features"

Cons: "Option choices (packages)"

"My only issue so far was with the option choices. I wanted heated ventilated seats but had to take the Nav. and sunroof to get them. I didn't want either so I went with the SXT Plus pkg. with heated cloth seats. I've had the HEMI before and planned to get it again. When I test drove a Citadel with the V6 I was amazed by the power. The 3.6L combined with the 8 speed transmission hooked me. I love the size of the Durango and the 3rd row seat is surprisingly comfortable. It's a shame to call the paint job grey when the Maximum Steel Metallic is gorgeous and the exterior has just enough chrome looking trim. The 8.4" touch screen, Bluetooth and Sirius have been great for me. Solid, quiet interior with plenty of useful features and a classy look and feel. I never thought I would want a back up camera but I'm glad I got one. For a larger vehicle it handles surprisingly well. I had only had the vehicle a short time when another driver decided to change lanes abruptly and into my driver's side. I was clear to my right and swerved 2 lanes to miss him but the ESC quickly took control and had me back on my (not so) merry way. Between my wife and I we have owned/leased vehicles from Jeep, Ford, Chrysler, Mazda, Plymouth, Pontiac, Dodge and Oldsmobile. This one is the best of the bunch."

only positive things to say about the 2014 Durango

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Big vehicle. Decent fuel economy 21mpg average"

Cons: "some body parts don't stay in place"

"love it"

The Durango is all it is advertised to be.....

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

"Maybe even more....we often get 25 mpg on the highway. Spacious interior and comfortable ride.....what more is there?"

Solid SUV for the Money

By on Sunday, September 27, 2015

Pros: "Smooth V-8, Styling and 30G hard-drive for MP3!"

Cons: "Transmission gasket leak at 25k!"

2013 Durango RT

"Compared other vehicles in its class. Happy with the Hemi for long road trips and hauling the family. Enough room for four children to stretch out. Easily can creep over the speed limit, 90 mph the Hemi V-8 is really smooth. Like the styling, not the mini-van type."

2013 Durango RT

Unbelievably comfortable and solid!

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"By FAR the best of the class if you like a quiet ride with power, agility and the ability to tow a large pontoon! Amazing touches throughout and was the cheapest to boot (compared to comparably equipped competition we drove) Everyone who sees it says "What is it?" and then wants one."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next