2011 Dodge Durango

Based on 124 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Great looking and driving. Hemi

By on Monday, December 14, 2015

Pros: "acceleration, maneuverability, Hemi"

Cons: "none really"

"I love getting into my Durango each day. The Hemi is so strong and responsive and delivers smooth power to the wheels which almost never slip regardless of weather conditions due to the near 50/50 weight distribution, it is very surefooted. It is also very easy to maneuver and has a tighter turning circle than many sedans and every other SUV of its size. No issues besides normal maintenance. got 60k out of original pads and rotors."

one of the best cars I have owned, and am a senior

By on Friday, May 27, 2016

Pros: "looks good, I get many nice comments"

Cons: "resale value is not that great"

"It is hard for me to find a car I really like..but I do really like this one. It is a Citadel and I think that makes a difference. I wanted one comfortable for travel, able to haul dogs, luggage, pull a horse trailer, easy to get in and out of, AND I wanted it to look Upscale! I kept two cars for years for this reason, now I only have this one. The gas mileage is not bad, I can get 21-22 on a trip. I esp appreciate the Blind spot warning, so many SUVs have such poor visibility. This vehicle has Many more options than my Cadillac SRX had."

stunning

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Great options for the price. Spacious. Safe."

Cons: "accelleration from a stop (we have the V6 engine)"

"Purchased 2011 Citadel at end of model year and found a great deal. Prior to driving this automobile, Dodge/Jeep were at the bottom of my wish list. The vehicle is loaded with options. I could not find anything even close in other large SUVs for the price. Great for family with kids and for parents not ready for a minivan. Plenty of room even for adults in the 2nd and 3rd row seating. Entertainment system is very worthwhile for people with children. Much more comfortable ride than similar large SUVs. Safety features are wonderful. Only downside is it is a bit slow in accellerating from a stop (V6 engine). Not so much of an issue between 50-70 mph. Handles very well in winter weather as well."

Won me over from the imports

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Great cruiser, very practical for an active family"

Cons: "Transmission tuned for fuel economy, not speed"

"I looked at Honda Pilot, Ford Explorer and GMC Acadia as alternatives. We ruled out Honda as our 08 Odyssey developed some problems that dealer did not handle well. The Durango's handling and incredible stereo won me over from the other two good options. From day one, I was very impressed by the ride and handling. The power of the V6 was weak at first but as it has broken in it seems to have come to life and is more eager to rev. However, the transmission is sometimes slower to downshift than I would like. Interior quality is great. Features on my loaded crew model are a techies dream. GPS and subwoofer perform well. Paint quality on the exterior shows more "orange peel" texture than I think it should, but not enough to expect anyone to do anything about it. MPG is typically around 20mpg in mixed city/freeway driving, and I have a lead foot. I have seen around 24mpg on extended trips on 60mph backroads."

Greatest overlooked SUV

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Before the Durango I had an Infinity FX 35 and a GMC Acadia. This Durango has them beat. The engineering and the features are the greatest and work flawlessly. It's a dream to own."