2011 Dodge Durango

Based on 106 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Won me over from the imports

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Great cruiser, very practical for an active family"

Cons: "Transmission tuned for fuel economy, not speed"

"I looked at Honda Pilot, Ford Explorer and GMC Acadia as alternatives. We ruled out Honda as our 08 Odyssey developed some problems that dealer did not handle well. The Durango's handling and incredible stereo won me over from the other two good options. From day one, I was very impressed by the ride and handling. The power of the V6 was weak at first but as it has broken in it seems to have come to life and is more eager to rev. However, the transmission is sometimes slower to downshift than I would like. Interior quality is great. Features on my loaded crew model are a techies dream. GPS and subwoofer perform well. Paint quality on the exterior shows more "orange peel" texture than I think it should, but not enough to expect anyone to do anything about it. MPG is typically around 20mpg in mixed city/freeway driving, and I have a lead foot. I have seen around 24mpg on extended trips on 60mph backroads."

Love my car!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great MPG for an SUV. Rides smooth."

Cons: "Touchy gas cap."

"I rarely would rate a vehicle this high. I had a 2010 Ford Expedition before my 2011 Durango and thought I loved that car. The drive in this vehicle is comfortable, reliable and fun. I purchase this Durango new and feel that I received a great value for the Express model. I have the back up sensors, parking camera, moon roof and towing package. Towing is great, it's got wonderful power. Driving on the highway for a long trip is comfortable. The third row seat is roomy. My only gripe was that my check engine light would come on when I didn't close my gas cap as directed. You have to stop just at the click, not beyond, or the light will come on. I average 18.8 mpg and have recently gotten 23.8 on a 5 1/2 hour trip. Hope my satisfaction continues. This is a sharp and fun vehicle. Highly recommend. I was not a fan of Dodge. I am now!"

The right one.

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"We own the Durango Crew and we love it. It really handles nice in the snow. I have gotten 26MPG, which is very surprising for a SUV. It turns very short and I can't say enough about it. The second row seats have plenty of room. The ride is very smooth. The wind does affect gas mileage like any other SUV. We have not noticed any wind noise. The seats arew very comfortable."

Great Car!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Nice ride, smooth turning"

Cons: "low front profile scapes on curbs/parking blocks"

"Bought new in October - what can I say? Great car, cushy ride, quiet interior. Leather is nice and soft, back seat fits my 13 year old comfortably. If you want better gas mileage - go with the V6."

Nice Updated SUV with a HEMI

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, bigger than it looks, updated"

Cons: "lack of storage space"

"Coming from a Fully loaded Tahoe, I was very apprehensive about the room in the Durango, or lack there of. It is ridiculously spacious with great head and leg room. The ride is comfortable and equipped with the latest technoligies that a mom could ask for! DVD player, Navagation, Cruise Control, power everything, Reachable Rear Climate controls, etc. The negative to this vehicle is the storage space. With two small children, full size carseats, double stroller, baby bags, etc. I cannot make use of the thrid row seating because they need to be folded down to accomdate all the extra baggage. The one feature I LOVE is the that the doors swing FULLY open for easy access to back seats. There is no more, removing the third row seats to make room, they simply fold down flat with a simple pull of a cord. The comfort and drive are spectacular and it handles nice in all TEXAS weather conditions. Very responsive to turning and braking. I love that I no longer need to change my oil every 3000 miles. I can go up to 10K without changing. The pricing was a little sttep but you really get what you pay for! Overall, it was a good purchase!"