2009 Dodge Durango

Based on 736 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

reliable

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "SUV gas mileage. Comfort for a crowd"

Cons: "small rust issue. Gas tank fill ups blow back gas"

"Bought the vehicle used because of the good reviews and have not been disappointed. Comfortable for 8. Great to take to the ballgames and tailgate. Decent mileage for a Suv. 20 on the highway 16 in town. A little rust issue on the back driver side fender. Seems to be a frequent problem. Blow back of gas if you fill the tank to the top."

310,000 Reliable miles

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, heavy, good looking"

Cons: "16.5 MPG"

"I drove this beast into the ground. It looked great until it hit a ditch last week and was totaled. I definitely got my moneys worth and consider the vehicle a great value for the miles I received from it. It had some AC issues, and some sunroof leaking issues. The local Dodge dealer is not that customer/service friendly. Luckily I did not have to deal with them often."

like this car

By on Friday, April 03, 2009

"I just totaled out our 2006 in a 50 mph head on collision.....walked away unharmed. Had 67,000 problem free miles on it, will buy another one."

Extremely Happy!

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I love my 2004 Durango. I bought mine new in '04 and have put 155,000 miles on it so far. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of storage when the 3rd row is being used. It is easy to get the kids in the back and it's fairly comfortable for adults. Beware of the maintenance cost. I haven't had to do much to mine however, routine maintenance does cost$$$. I was able to get 110K miles on the origional spark plugs but it cost me almost $300.00 to change them. Tires over $200ea. Overall GREAT VEHICLE!!!"

Quite nice!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "much vehicle for the money"

Cons: "likes to drink"

"Actually, this is not my vehicle - it's my Sister's. According to her, she has had minimum-to-no problems out of her Durango and she refuses to give it up - higher gas prices and all. I'm a living witness, for I've driven it, rode in it, and did some minor work to it. All that I can say is it IS quite a vehicle. We can use that truck to do almost anything with it. Gas goes a little quicker than I'm accustomed to, yet one thing must be considered - it's a Magnum engine. What people don't get is fuel delivery in both Magnum and HEMI engines of the Mopar sector DO tend to be a little more thirsty than most. However, the power in them both is awesome! They have terrific pull and they don't play around on the road. The turning ratio is top-notch as well. Here's a tip to those who have "knocking" issues: use mid-grade gasoline. It burns a little slower and more complete, and gives the vehicle the power that regular unleaded robs from them. If mid-grade is used, the knocking should stop almost immediately - unless there's a more serious problem. Sure enough, though, I'd recommend one to anybody. I won't buy one because Sis already has one ; that's the ONLY reason. Why have two of the same thing in the immediate family? :-)"