2009 Dodge Durango

Based on 736 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

reliable

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "SUV gas mileage. Comfort for a crowd"

Cons: "small rust issue. Gas tank fill ups blow back gas"

"Bought the vehicle used because of the good reviews and have not been disappointed. Comfortable for 8. Great to take to the ballgames and tailgate. Decent mileage for a Suv. 20 on the highway 16 in town. A little rust issue on the back driver side fender. Seems to be a frequent problem. Blow back of gas if you fill the tank to the top."

310,000 Reliable miles

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, heavy, good looking"

Cons: "16.5 MPG"

"I drove this beast into the ground. It looked great until it hit a ditch last week and was totaled. I definitely got my moneys worth and consider the vehicle a great value for the miles I received from it. It had some AC issues, and some sunroof leaking issues. The local Dodge dealer is not that customer/service friendly. Luckily I did not have to deal with them often."

like this car

By on Friday, April 03, 2009

"I just totaled out our 2006 in a 50 mph head on collision.....walked away unharmed. Had 67,000 problem free miles on it, will buy another one."

Extremely Happy!

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I love my 2004 Durango. I bought mine new in '04 and have put 155,000 miles on it so far. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of storage when the 3rd row is being used. It is easy to get the kids in the back and it's fairly comfortable for adults. Beware of the maintenance cost. I haven't had to do much to mine however, routine maintenance does cost$$$. I was able to get 110K miles on the origional spark plugs but it cost me almost $300.00 to change them. Tires over $200ea. Overall GREAT VEHICLE!!!"

Quite nice!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "much vehicle for the money"

Cons: "likes to drink"

"Actually, this is not my vehicle - it's my Sister's. According to her, she has had minimum-to-no problems out of her Durango and she refuses to give it up - higher gas prices and all. I'm a living witness, for I've driven it, rode in it, and did some minor work to it. All that I can say is it IS quite a vehicle. We can use that truck to do almost anything with it. Gas goes a little quicker than I'm accustomed to, yet one thing must be considered - it's a Magnum engine. What people don't get is fuel delivery in both Magnum and HEMI engines of the Mopar sector DO tend to be a little more thirsty than most. However, the power in them both is awesome! They have terrific pull and they don't play around on the road. The turning ratio is top-notch as well. Here's a tip to those who have "knocking" issues: use mid-grade gasoline. It burns a little slower and more complete, and gives the vehicle the power that regular unleaded robs from them. If mid-grade is used, the knocking should stop almost immediately - unless there's a more serious problem. Sure enough, though, I'd recommend one to anybody. I won't buy one because Sis already has one ; that's the ONLY reason. Why have two of the same thing in the immediate family? :-)"

My favorite vehicle ever....

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

"Love Love Love this truck. Wish the back was a little bigger. But... we are able to use it with the back seat down when we travel. Just limits passengers. Nice ride. For an SUV it gets good gas mileage, but we knew when we bought it it would be expensive for gas but was surprised when it got better mileage than our ranger. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. Worth every penny so far. We bought it used."

Love everything about this suv

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Size, motor, handles well, 3rd row seat, interior"

Cons: "No back u p help, vision in rear."

"One of the most reliable,dependable, vehicle's I have ever own. I am totally sold on this model, am sorry the discontinued. Loved the motor, 5.7 hemi, did get terrible mileage, but low cost maintenance makes up for it in the long run (170000) ."

Loved this vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Reason: Mileage getting high

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "Maintenance costs high, interior road noise"

"We loved our 2005 Dodge Durango w/Hemi engine. We finally decided to sell it when it reached 142,000 miles as we no longer needed to tow anything. I agree that maintenance was costly and we did notice some road noise, but overall we were more than pleased, and with the Hemi even our gas mileage was good."

great family vehicle

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "lots of room, drives great, great price, good for all weather"

"I have had my 2008 Durango for 3 years now and still LOVE it! I went to the dealership with 3 requirements: 1. 4-wheel drive 2. room for 3 carseats and 3. lower payments. We all fit in comfortably with plenty of storage in the back for toys, groceries, luggage, strollers, etc. or we can flip the backseat up and take along friends. We've taken several road trips in the Durango and have not had a single problem nor have we had to do any major work on the vehicle yet. The bonus is that living in the midwest, winters are a pain and I have never been stuck in the snow nor slid off the road on ice. This truck handles like a dream. I plan on keeping this truck for another 100,000 miles!"

Great value

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Great value (IF bought used) and drives good for a big SUV. Perfect size for 90% of us - smaller than the Suburban/Expedition crowd but bigger than the Pathfinders/Explorers out there. We have 4 kids and bought to pull a trailer, which it does a fine job doing (we have the HEMI). The back seat and rear storage is a bit tight but certainly adeqaute. Mechanically very dependable but some minor quality issues. Lots of vehicle for the money, but don't buy new because of the enormous initial depreciation!"