2009 Dodge Durango

Based on 714 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Love my Durango

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cons: "The remote key doesn't last long"

"Would love to buy a new Durango but we are empty nesters and haven't been able to convince my husband we need a vehcile the size of the Durango. We have taken a lot of cross country trips and its ride and comfort are great."

Love my 2004 Durango

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "loved the 4 X 4 lock in the snow"

Cons: "No longer a 4 X 4 option in 2012"

"I love my 2004 Durango. I find it comfortable, and it drives well in the snow. The vehicle rides up to 8 passengers with the 3rd row seat. When I have the 3rd row folded, there is plenty of room for cargo. I have several complaints about this vehicle. #1 I had a remote car starter installed(not at Chrysler), and no matter what I did, it ran the car battery down enough so that the car wouldn't start. I have had them installed in 4 other vehicles with no problems. I was told by the dealer that this vehicle needed the $400 one that the dealer would install. #2 complaint is the wind noise when highway driving at high speeds. #3 Plastic parts My seat base panel in the side of the driver's seat cracked and had to be replaced. #4 MPG is 14. Would I buy a 2012 DURANGO? NO---because It's called an SUV, has SUV styling, but there is NO 4 X 4 option available. I might as well buy a Toyota Sienna mini van with all wheel drive. The Durango is now unibody construction so I don't know if it can have 4 wheel drive. SO It seems as if it is more of a crossover vehicle at the present. I liked it the way it was. If it becomes a 4 X 4 again, I would definitely consider buying one."

my truck

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cons: "i get 13 mpg"

"i have had my durango for a little over a year now and since then i have lifted it, put 33's underneath it and taken it off road multiple times. i have yet to get stuck with it. i have put over 34000 miles on the truck in the year that i have owned it and all i have replaced was tires and a idler pulley. extremely reliable"

Very good quality vehicle

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle for the entire family!"

"I have owned my Durango since new and have not had one issue with it. I have added trailer brakes and a hitch. It is great for towing a mid size camper and having plenty of room for 2 adults and 4 kids. Last year when we went to cut our own christmas tree we had 6 kids and 2 adults and came back with 2 large trees. Excellent! Fuel mileage on the 8 cylinder is okay. Nothing to brag about but nothing to complain about either. My wife drives this in the winter time and is now not afraid to drive in the snow and ice. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable SUV that wont break the bank."

best vehicle i have ever owned

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, spacious, powerful, smooth riding"

Cons: "not up to date with navigation/technology"

"I have 3 young kids and i absolutely LOVE this vehicle!!! It is perfect for when the kids are fighting cause we can easily put one in the rear seat and seperate the other 2 in the middle row with the drop down cup holder. And for those long trips the dvd player is perfect!! Its a family vehicle that still has that "cool, sporty" look....not like a mini van."