2008 Dodge Durango

Based on 738 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

By on Thursday, May 28, 2009

"I love my Durango. I got it 2 years ago and it was already a year old. I have had absolutely no problems at all with. The only work I have had to do with it is general matainance. My daughter loves the dvd player in it. Its comfortable and great for family trips. The only reason I gave it 4 stars for value is for the gas mileage, but what do you expect for a suv?!"

Gotta Love it!

By on Monday, April 13, 2009

"I traded in my 2002 Ram 1500 for a used 08 Durango with 13576 miles on it. There is a big difference between a truck and this SUV as far as ride and comfort. The Durango glides on the streets and cruises on the highway. I have the V8 and the power is exceptional. The 08 V8 has been redone and it is definitely noticeable. You obviously don't buy a vehicle like this for gas mileage. I am rural and get about 20 on the roads and highways. In town a little less. Storage is unreal; I actually forget where I put something in it and have to look for it. The comfort is excellent. I can have adults in all seats and everyone is comfortable. I would recommend not purchasing this vehicle new in the $36,000-$40,000 range. As with most vehicles, the value of this vehicle depreciates tremendously. I paid $18,000 and it is well worth every penny I spent. However, I would not shell out $40,000 for it."

Powerfull & spacious SUV

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"I need something with more towing capacity, so I purchased a 2004 Dodge Durango SLT to replace my 2003 Suzuki XL-7 (which by the way was an excellent vehicle) The Durango equipted with the 5.7L V8 Hemi is very powerfull, an excellent tow vehicle, and even with all its weight, acceleration is impressive. It also handles good. I have the AWD/4-wheel drive, and it is very capable off-road. The 3-row seats are easy to use and roomy enough for adults to sit in comfort. Fold up the 3-row seats, and you have a nice large cargo area. The factory stereo system is awesome! The only drawbacks to this vehicle is, like all big SUVs, it gets poor gas mileage. Also it has rust issues, that I am having a problem getting the dealer to honor a warranty claim under the anti-corrosion part of the warranty. Over all, I like my Dodge Durango which I bought used, with 48k miles for $11k in the middle of 2008."

Great All-Around SUV with Power to spare

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"This is primaraly my wife's vehicle, and it serves as "The Family Car" as well. With 3 kids, 3 rows is practically a must of long and short trips alike. We chose a loaded SLT version with the Hemi engine option and couldn't be happier. Our's is a 2007 model year. SOme of the other ntable options we have are the 18" tires, Moon Roof, Heather Leather Seating, to name a few. What I like about the Durango is that it is as roomy as larger SUV's on the inside, but not nearly as bulky on the outside. On the highway, it rides like a dream. No harshness, yet not too mushy either. Performance with the Hemi is spectacular, yet when highway cruising with the MDS (only 4 cylinders working), Gas mileage improves to over 20 MPG on average. A great feat for SUV full of people. The Durango is a real winner year-round for all tasks that are thrown at it. We are very happy with ours. I see resale (like most large 8 cylinder vehicles) has dropped dramatically, but I would never sell ours at such a ridiculous low price being shown in the used value pricing. I'd keep it as a extra vehicle first when that time came."

Surprising Vehicle

By on Sunday, February 1, 2009

"This is a great SUV, easily the smoothest riding car I've driven in quite some time. Backup camera is priceless as is the HEMI. 21 mpg on the highway, but a not so great 13 in town. But, if your buying a 335 hp HEMI, mpg should be the last thing you are looking at. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this Dodge, it is absolutely perfect for our family with off the charts performance and great safety features all in one."

It's not a truck but....

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"The wife wanted somthing other than my pick up to haul the kids around in. I offered a crew cab, but no dice. I settled on a 2004 Durango with a Hemi. It pulls the 5,000 pound boat with no problem...absolutely no problem! On the highway I have to keep it in check, it wants to run. In the snow, I've tried to get it stuck. It's been in fresh powder up to it's bumper, and sent snow flying! If you have gas, it'll go through anything. Gas milage is about 16 banging around town, and 20 or so on a highway trip. Both numbers go down if you're working the hemi. With the boat on the back you're 14. It's a great vehichle. I still miss my pick up. The Durango doesn't have a tailgate, and really messes it up to haul mulch in the back. Not to mention, no cargo light. But all in all, a very nice rig. A former gear head, turned Dad's sports car."

Great Vehilce

By on Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Really like my car. No major problems with it at all..the HEMI rocks! Rides like a car, very comfortable"

Never buy a dodge after this

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"I purchased the Durango Brand new cause I didn't want the headaches with a used car taking it to the shop. Well I had a bigger headache with the new Durango then I did with my previous used 98 Grand Cherokee. I had to take it in for warning lights coming on, the paint looks like it was rusting after a year. I spent more time in a waiting room at dodge then I have with my past 2 used cars. Very dissappointed that I spent the money on a new truck when I had more problems then I did with my used cars."

MDS is a must

By on Monday, July 14, 2008

"Even with a 5.7 Hemi I get 21.5 MPG if I drive it the right way. I have to tow a trailer and this is a great vehicle for towing and passenger comfort. Even with high gas prices, the mileage I get included with the ability to easily tow a trailer is a major factor in purchasing this vehicle. The MDS system is a wonderful advantage."

Excellent vehicle for the money

By on Friday, May 30, 2008

"People always complain about the gas mileage, but I have gotten as high as 21.6 MPG on a 70 MPH, 550 mile trip. In my opinion this is excellent for a 4WD, 5500 lb truck that can carry 8 people and tow 8800 lbs!"

Durango ok

By on Thursday, March 6, 2008

"I have had this truck 3 yrs now. It runs well, and is comfy, with the leather seats and the DVD for the kids, but with the 5.7 liter hemi, it sucks gas bad! I look at the little computer thing that tells me the gas milage at the current state, it is saying 13 MPG city, that is awful! I would not advise this vehicle for anyone who is wanted to save money on fuel, or who has to drive a lot for work, you will go broke. We paid $40K for this truck in 2005, and it has not held it's value! I would advise going with something that is more likely to hold it's value and something that gets better gas milage."

Awesome

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Though I wasn't impressed with the gas milage, it is to be expected in any SUV. It rides like a champ and looked great. I bought my 06 Durango (used) with 23K miles for about $19K. I felt very safe with my family. Last month I hit black ice, spun around, off the road, down a ravine, and into a tree, gliding over rocks and stumps all the way down. I totaled the vehicle, but walked away without even a sore neck. Now I'm back in another Durango (07) and still very impressed with its performance. I'll have it for some time to come."

Dodge Durango

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"I own a 06 Dodge Durango limited 4x4 w/ the 5.7L Hemi. The power and towing are excellent. The gas mileage even with the MDS system isnt very good, average is 18mpg. My biggest dissapointment is the resale value on the durango, I have a 06 w/ the above options and 26k miles and it is only worth about 20k. The sticker price was 43k, so in two years the vehicle has lost 23k dollars...that is a depreciation rate of over 50% in two years. My advice is if you buy one, keep it till the wheels fall off, if not you wont get you moneies worth. So buyer be ware when buying a dodge, the resale isnt very good!"

great SUV

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"Not too large or too small-does everything very well. Have never had a problem, and if you can keep your foot out of the hemi power it has average 19-20 on several trips. If it had a Japanese name they would have sold thousands more just as is; perseption sells. These are great purchases for the used car buyer."

love it

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"I had a nissan that I traded in on this vehicle The nissan would not stay out of the shop 30,837 mile and 5 yes thats right 5 transmissions american is the only way to buy durango best buy out there would like for it to have a few more gadgets like the nissan but the reliability is there Bought it a few weeks ago with 59 mile on it already took vacation in it and have over 4k on it not a problem one and lifetime warranty with two years free oil changes. The best bang for your buck.."

Good SUV, but some caveats

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"I luv my '05 Durango. I use it almost exclusively for trips, and it tackles the highway with ease. It's very comfortable and I can fit all my friends with ease even large folks in the 3rd row seat. But, beware, there are some issues: - Gas mileage, have gotten as bad as 12 mpg per tank (one time all city driving.) - interior materials could be higher quality (one seat belt piece broke) - Depreciation is horrible, you will not get book value for trade in from anyone except the Dodge dealer. - There is tremendous wind noise with all 4 windows down But, there are plusses: - interior room - cargo room and hauling capability - ease to drive. This is my 4th Chrylser product and more than likely NOT my last. The dealer here treats me like gold, much better than the local Chevrolet dealerships (and I have experience with them with my company car.)"

Durango Diva

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I was so nervous when purchasing a new SUV. I've had several bad experiences. Both from the dealers and the performance of the SUV after I've gotten it home. My 2004 Durango is by far the best SUV I have ever owned. I LOVE THIS THING!!!! All the extras I wanted and then some. Comfortably seats my family. My husband is 6'6.5" and my 3 boys are each a foot above average heights for their ages. Never skipped a beat or required a repair. I would absolutely buy it again and will. Best tip...shop for what you want online before you go to the dealer. Have print outs from several different dealers in hand when you walk through the door. Don't get your financing at the dealer! I went to Road Loans and had a wonderful experience. I ended up with a great deal on a great SUV. $2,500 below Kelly Blue Book...at the dealer. 8% LESS on the financing interest rate than the dealer offered me. Road Loans was $0 down and the dealer wanted 20% (with the higher interest rate). LOVING MY DURANGO!!!"

By on Saturday, September 8, 2007

"I wouldn't recommend this vehicle. Horrendous roar when windows are open and wind tunnel with them closed. Seat belt plastic breaks. Door seals have fallen off twice. Doors vibrate. There's no storage room with 3rd seat. Gas mileage isn't what they advertise. I get 11 in town and sometimes, on rare occasions, 21 on highway. Don't leave in the sun unless you cover the dash, dash turns sticky and can't clean it."

Very Happy

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"We love the power of the Hemi. We love the size and the comfortable third-row seat. We are were even pleasantly surprised by the 21 freeway MPG!"

I am buying a new one!

By on Friday, August 3, 2007

"I love this 2004 Durango, I have had no problems with it except for the power outlets blowing fuses when trying to use more than one device with them. I have put 16,000 miles on it since buying it. The only thing I have had to do is change the oil, but I had all of the recommended services performed at 30,000 miles. Because of all the traveling I do (usually with up to 3 kids in tow) I needed something with USABLE power outlets, so when approached by a sales person today while I was leaving the service department, I decided to go with a 2007 which has a 115V outlet in the dash. My payment may go up, but all the warranties start over... which is just an added bonus as far as I am concerned. I live in the mountains, but mileage averages 22 on the highway and 16-18 in town."

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"Take on many road trips. fits 5 comfortably with luggage. very trust worthy. main computer "died" after one year of purchase dealer fixed with no problems. (warranty covered) great family vehicle.."

ok suv

By on Sunday, July 8, 2007

"There are a few things that need to be perfected on the Durango. For example, the air conditioner doesn't cool the vehicle fast enough. It has a really bad blind spot, and It is not easy to get in and out of, even with running boards. Very important! The air conditioner vents keep falling apart. We have had to repair ours several times. They should be fine as long as you don't touch or adjust them. NO JOKE. In addition, there has been a recall pertaining to wiring in the dash catching fire. All in all, it has been the best vehicle for the money, in it's class."

Great driving vehicle

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "hemi v8 on the road gets great gas mileage,"

Cons: "third row seat is useless"

"We purchased this vehicle in 2006 we had a DVD player installed and have driven this SUV for 8 years now and no problems to speak of. The only negitive I have is the third row seat, it. absolutely useless to us. we very seldom raise the second row seats, only when we have infrequent passengers. If you have a vehicle such as this Durango, the vehicles with no third row seat seem to have much more rear seat legroom. having said all that, this vehicle would be perfect for a family with small children"

this has been a very good vehicle for our family.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "this vehicle has been great for family road trips"

Cons: "the vehicle does not have good suspension"

"One of the best ve"

Safty and comfort

By on Monday, July 8, 2013

Pros: "everything but the cons"

Cons: "taxes, gas mileage"

"When I purchased the Durango. The first thing I noticed besides it size was the seats when I sat in them for a half hour my legs were not hurting. As I looked thru the car its roominess. LOL then I noticed electric windows and locks. After a half hour this was the vehicle I wanted I felt safe and welcomed home. I had been in accident a few weeks before. Safety is and was a big issue I have had no problems and have not regreted the decision I made 2years ago"