2008 Dodge Durango

Based on 730 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Extremely comfortable!

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"I was very impressed with this vehicle! I drove it off of the showroom floor directly home to pack to evacuate to LA because of Hurricane Ike! It drove like it was driving itself! It was so very easy to drive and the comfort was incredible! I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone!"

big family suv

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"This vehicle is very nice for families that have more than four kids-we have 5. Overlooking the ongoing electrical issues, the vehicle is a very nice vehicle. It is reliable-the electrical issues do not have an effect on how the vehicle performs, the breaking is awesome, and it handles nice in the mountains, and even thought it is a 2x4-it handles well in 2-4 inches of snow, the gas mileage is so-so, and if you have a large family-its best to do any shopping without the kids-lack of room behind the third row. There is only room for a double stroller, and a small diaper bag behind the third row. If using two car seats you can only use the latch system on the seats closest to the rear doors-thus any other child has to put the middle part of the backseat down in order to get into the back. For a teenager-it can be difficult. Improvements could be made in the roominess-the dashboard-too big-wasted space, and improvements have been made in the newer models in M.P.G. Also this vehicle is known for "cheap" trim, when I purchased this vehicle, the trim on the sides of the front seats were already cracked, and I have seen this on other Durangos like mine-the cost for replacement for both sides around $260.00. overall Happy with what I drive-except for the electrical issues"

EXCELLENT SUV

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"This is the sixth Dodge truck that my wife and I have purchased---- all of them new. This is the first one that has depreciated so much. That doesn't matter since we love this '06 Limited. Love the HEMI, styling, ride, comfort, and reliability. I will keep this one for a long time if it remains reliable. Can't imagine traveling in anything but this Durango. And for those that complain about the mileage-----what in the heck are you buying a heavy V8 powered SUV for? Go buy some econo box and hope you don't get in an accident."

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

best suv i ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I baught this Suv and I love it I have never had a better vehicle. It is great on Gas and has just enough power for me it can get up and go for those who tend to have a lead foot. It never uses any oil and as long as you keep up the genreal maintance it should be a very good investment."

Okay vehicle

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I bought this vehicle new in 2005. Many problems in first year with wiring. Main computer went out this year. Fixed under warranty but still having problems with a/c working when it wants to and vehicle running after turning the ignition off and taking key out. Dealer unable to find problem. Smooth ride, bad blind spot on both sides of windshield. Family has a time climbing in and out."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "safe"

Cons: "19mpg tops"

"We have owned this car since it was new great price and dealer satisfaction, you can drive a long way with this vehicle it is a nice quiet ride, I replaced a water pump, brakes and it is rusting under the gas cap like many I have seen in this area, such a shame they should have recalled them for that. holds 8 if you have to, good bang for the buck, still handles and runs like new,"

Safty and comfort

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "everything but the cons"

Cons: "taxes, gas mileage"

"When I purchased the Durango. The first thing I noticed besides it size was the seats when I sat in them for a half hour my legs were not hurting. As I looked thru the car its roominess. LOL then I noticed electric windows and locks. After a half hour this was the vehicle I wanted I felt safe and welcomed home. I had been in accident a few weeks before. Safety is and was a big issue I have had no problems and have not regreted the decision I made 2years ago"

This vehicle is a work horse and family vechile.

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, with great comfort for our family of 4"

Cons: "Gas hog"

"I have little repair done on the vehicle. It run and ride great. It has been a main stay in our family since 2005. It's our road car. We take it on all of our long road trips."

Love my Hemi

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good in snow, lots of room"

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I love this vehicle. We bought it used in 06 with about 40,000. she now has 193,000 and still going strong. Wish the gas mileage was better, We get a consistent 15 mpg which is really a bummer. Ready to downgrade since i cannot afford to drive it but love love the style, comfort & has been great for the kids with the 3rd row seat & dvd player."

Love, love, love this vehicle!!!

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "Great interior design for a family"

Cons: "gas mileage is low like any large suv"

"I have owned this truck for 3 years and it is the best vehicle I have ever owned or driven. I traded a mini-van in for this since it had the 3rd row seats and I never regretted it one bit. It is so simple to put kids into and take them out of this truck and flipping the seats up and down is a breeze as well. We have not had any engine problems with this truck, it runs great and has plenty of pulling power. If only it got better gas milage (17-19)..."

Very dependable vehicle.

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room for cargo and passengers."

Cons: "Doors retain water when it rains."

"In fair shape. A couple of small dings.Spare tire on the ground. Needs tires. Motor is in good shape. No ripped seats. No broken windows."

RUN RUN RUN

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "super gorgeous on the outside"

Cons: "was born on the island of mis-fit toys"

"Bought this car in 2009 and it was a curse. The interior was mad out of a scrap box of plstics. The truck was in and out of the shop. Only was able to drive this car 3 months at a time before it went back home to the shop. I spent 9660USD on repairs. Do not get this truck, beware. However it was super gorgeous on the outside."

Vehicle has been great

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great car to have"

Cons: "Wish the 3rd row was split"

"We used our Durango to tow a 30 ft Bullet and it seats all 5 of us and our 2 dogs (black labs) and still gave us great gas mileage."

Pull a house

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "super for towing, a beast in the snow"

Cons: "gas milage and third row seat."

"Our 2005 Durango with the 5.7 hemi is a beast in the snow and awesome for towing horses. Love the power, hate the MPG. The front seats are comfortable, the middle row ain't bad and we wont even discuss the third row. Plan on driving this till it drops and then rebuild it, cuz they just dont make them this strong anymore."

best vehicle i have ever owned

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, spacious, powerful, smooth riding"

Cons: "not up to date with navigation/technology"

"I have 3 young kids and i absolutely LOVE this vehicle!!! It is perfect for when the kids are fighting cause we can easily put one in the rear seat and seperate the other 2 in the middle row with the drop down cup holder. And for those long trips the dvd player is perfect!! Its a family vehicle that still has that "cool, sporty" look....not like a mini van."

only way everyone would like it more,4wd!!!!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "looks, gas economy, room, cup holders, seat config"

Cons: "storing and charging ipod"

"i think its great. beautiful, fun to drive, setup is almost perfect. i just wish i had a 4wd. plus it definetly does not deserve the drop in value as soon as they come off the lot. they are more reliable than any other truck ive driven. i havnt had to do anything but add gas, change oil and tires. everyone compliments it weather they have driven it or not."

Overall a good vehicle for the price

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Great power, overall a nice drive"

Cons: "Cheap fake leather seats, bad blind spots"

"I ordered my Durango from the factory. Overall I am pleased with the vehicle. The Hemi is a definite plus, and provides excellent power and acceleration, however it is horrible on gas in town, averaging between 8 and 10 mpg. The engine is equiped with the MDS feature, and averages 17.5 mpg on the Jersey highways when cruising. In the mountains, it will drop to about 15 mpg, not too bad for a vehicle of it's size and power. The HEMI has 16 spark plugs, and they are a real pain to change every 30,000 miles. The dealer would prefer that the owner change them, They will charge over $300 to change spark plugs because it takes over three hours to do it. I have to change mine soon again, and I'm not looking forward to it, some are hard to get to because they are under tubing on the engine AND under the cowl. The steering is rack and pinion which was new for 2007, and is very responsive, however, when driving over rough terrain, you must keep positive control of the wheel. Pot holes and bumps tend to make the steering wheel jerk to the left, making the vehicle feel out of control. The vehicle has a HUGE blind spot in the front left A pillar when making tight turns, and you must look around the pillar to see the road. Very inconvienient when driving in my neighborhood, it is very difficult to see oncoming vehicles comig around the turn. The leather interior on the seats is cheaply made. It is actually vinyl with leather inserts. If I had known the leather was not real leather, I would have gotten the cloth seats. The seat warmenrs are nice, but not needed with a cloth interior. Suspension. There are no grease points on the suspension which make maintenance easy, however, the bushings have become very squeaky, and the squeak is annoying."

Hauls the family

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Lots of room for stuff OR people."

Cons: "If its full of people-no room for stuff! vice-vers"

"I bought this vehicle used 4 1/2 years ago with approx. 45k miles. It now has 160k plus! The only major problem I had with it was a selinoid on the transmission. Some small things: window regulator, plastic cracking(seat trim both sides). Most things covered by extended warranty. I am a firm believer in them. The best I got on the Hwy was 25 mpg.(the force was with me!) Usually around 19 or 20 and 14mpg in the city. It does have alot of wind noise which is annoying at times but with 5 kids and the dvd playing it's not that big a factor. We tow approx. 7500 lbs with our trailer and stuff and get about 9 mpg rolling at 65 to 70 mph. This has been a GREAT vehicle for our family!!!"

Best Vehicle EVER!

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

"I have purchased Durango's since they first arrived on the market in 1998. We LOVE them! They hold their value and their appeal for far longer than the boxy SUV's and the interior is fantastic."

best ever

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "The whole vehicle is a PRO"

"love this vehicle...absolutely the best vehicle/suv/truck I've owned!!! Comfortable easy to handle, drives and hauls like a dream! Wouldn't trade it for world! Great gas mileage for a Hemi, goes anywhere and never breaks a sweat when hauling!"

Great Family Car

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, easy to drive, powerful, reliable"

"I drive. A lot. Between my job as a real estate agent and being a mother to 2 active boys, this car has been a life saver. It is comfortable, easy to drive, moves when you need it to and handles like a car, and I know my family is safe inside. The gas mileage is surprisingly good, for a SUV, too. It has no problem towing boats across state or toting 6 passengers to a ball game. If I ever sell this car, I want another Durango."

best suv!!! love it!!!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "has got the looks and it's got the room.."

Cons: "gas mileage"

"we have had our durango for three years now going on four. it has been great we fit perfectly, along with luggage for trips... it's a sleek looking suv with 20's on... and it's rugged with 17's and mud tires. so wichever way you decide it will look good and be capable... only con is that you really have to watch that blind spot since the door posts are too wide!!"

Great SUV value

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, Seating, Third row seat"

Cons: "Gas mileage in town"

"I have owned mine for 2 years as the second owner. All I can say is you cannot beat the value. Seats 7, cruises on the highway great, great overall vehicle for Dodge."

Best Car I've ever owned!

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Lots of room and security with good gas mileage (for something so big!)"

Cons: "Interior trim falls apart"

"Its as tough and sturdy as any truck, tows like a champ but gives me the comfort of an SUV. Handles beautifully - lots of room for family and "stuff". Regular maintenance is the only money I've EVER put into it except for new key fobs (they seem to deteriorate over time). Interior items a little on the "cheap" side. Its 4WD and got the big Hemi in it, but gas mileage is 18-23 and I've tested a lot of miles on it!! Would buy another one in a heartbeat!"